Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?

Go down 
+17
sxpkpower
BlueSteel
jdmsolutions
DoodieHead
ts4l
Dr.Auto
kornkid21792
billythekid
ProOnThaSnow
shawnss
Novaflash2002
Riptide
EGJDM
02 bugeye-baby
ghost
RedMitsu
dyno76
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Empty
PostSubject: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 11:16 am

Just thought I would share this with the locals, since it seems myself and others that have been in the Honda game for so long got schooled by someone that cant even work on Hondas, thinks they know so much about them! Now I am not trying to be a jerk..But this is the kind of shit that pisses me off about this scene in Billings MT...Some kid buys someone else built car ( by the way my hands and knowledge helped with that car) and now he is a expert schooling us old guys!!!! Like I said I am not trying to be a jerk with this thread but I think it needed to be put out there, maybe this kid doesnt realize how long myself and others have been in the Honda scene that we might actually know a little about these cars...

So apprently I got schooled by someone that just got into the Honda scene 3 months ago knows nothing but what he reads, has never built a Honda, been part of a build nor knows jack shit about them, has to have other people work on them for him!!! Come on young buck be realistic I started in the import scene probably before you were born or you were atleast still a toddler. Now by no means am I an Honda expert but I think my knowledge, trial and errors and my past cars that I worked on with my own hands can vouch for fact that I might know what I am talking about! Just a little!!!

Here is thread that has made me bring all this up on the local forum

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2853092

And this is what has me so heated and bringing this to everyones attention

Billy Revell loves schooling kids about car related knowledge Smile

Saturday at 8:50pm · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (16)Hide Feedback (16)

Brandon Rowlett: School me on something.
Saturday at 9:37pm · Billy Revell: I could try? Haha.
Saturday at 10:11pm · Jeremy Vansant: why did subaru put a spare tire on the loyal models on top of the engine?
20 hours ago · Billy Revell: lol, couldn't tell ya.
18 hours ago · Garrett Waldo: cuz they prolly go to school and dont sit on google all day long...righy
16 hours ago · Billy Revell: no, they just don't know anything. and you wish that would be an excuse for me knowing more than you Smile
16 hours ago · Garrett Waldo: that is the excuse is the sad thing and that i can't get internet everywhere and look it up so technically google knows car stuff not you
16 hours ago · Billy Revell: except you are wrong, i do use google occasionally, but VERY rarely.
16 hours ago · Garrett Waldo: very rarely means all the time
16 hours ago · Garrett Waldo: anyways what kid did you school? a kid buying a honda that thinks a piston is a spark plug
16 hours ago · Billy Revell: no, a kid that thinks there are Top Fuel dragsters running 116 octane race fuel, and that twin turbo setups NEED two blow off valves, and that you can tune a blowoff valve, and that all drag racers run Sunoco fuel.
16 hours ago · Garrett Waldo :‎116 holy crap they run like 70 pecent meth i thought, and why would you need two if its releasing air from the same pipe?
15 hours ago · Billy Revell: ‎90% nitromethane, 10% methanol. and you wouldn't need two, he is retarded.
15 hours ago · Garrett Waldo: who was that? i remember didn't they turn the nitromethane down after that one guy died
15 hours ago · Jesse Kinder: like the comments on honda-tech u did school them the sure shut up....lmao
13 hours ago · Billy Revell: everybody but Ben did.

Now look I want everyone to understand I am all for new guys in the Import scene.. I mean I would enjoy nothing more than it to get big here..Have a full field of racers at the tracks etc..But this is the kinda of stuff why the import scene has the name it has here...People talking about stuff the know nothing about, people saying they have shit they dont, look that kind of stuff only makes the group look bad and its not cool.....Sorry but times are changing...

Noone on the HT thread was trying to start drama but you have to understand us guys that are on there are not gonna let someone sell something like that for the price you are asking and not say anything..We dont want that kind of rep!!! We are trying to build a name for the Montana scene! Try Craigslists
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 11:23 am

I made it easier to read
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 11:24 am

LOL thank you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:00 pm

well made me laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
02 bugeye-baby
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:11 pm

^^ +1 to that
Back to top Go down
EGJDM
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
EGJDM

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:16 pm

Dyno is completely right by ripping some unsuspecting kids off buy selling something that you have no clue about or are misrepresenting. This is the type of stuff that makes people not want to continue in the import scene and ends up ruining what little scene there is here in the state. Also when you post stuff like that for sale on a forum where people from all over see it no wonder they end up thinking there is nothing but hillbillies and ricers here!There are a few of us that very rarely comment and more often lurk who are in no way being schooled by you in all your automotive knowledge!! You are making yourself look like a unexperienced rookie, your better off asking some questions maybe you would learn something of value!
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 12:43 pm

I'm confused.

Are you guys talking about Billy?
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:11 pm

Do I need 2 blow off valves if I tt my gto. I was told 3.5. I'm only runnin 91 with meth. Me confused. ( jokin).
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:24 pm

Wow just read all those post. Seems like the car has tons of little issue. I see where you are coming from ben. Its very true what you said about imports getting a bad name cause of shit like this.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:27 pm

Thank you Ben and EGJDM for saying something. This is the kind of shit that causes me to hang my head in shame when people ask what kind of car I own, or am building. The scene in the area already has a bad enough name, with most of the people who own imports speeding and racing around, driving like pricks. Some may think we are "arrogant" because we don't hang out in all the "spots", but its because most of us can only handle so much BS being talked that we finally just turn and walk away and ignore it while choosing to stay within our small group of friends...

I also must comment about the EF that was sold to some unsuspecting high school student (one who was very willing to learn, and wanted to learn the right way when I picked up my parts car from him). I guess what I'm saying is he got took for a ride, and so now karma has come full circle with Billy being lied to about the car he just picked up. Just don't try to sell it as something it is not. We had to say something, because it has to come to a stop at some point.

Last edited by ProOnThaSnow on October 25th 2010, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:28 pm

Riptide wrote:
I'm confused.

Are you guys talking about Billy?
Yes I'm pretty sure that's who they are talking about. he's the one who has bought both of these cars within the last 3months
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:29 pm

Only thing that involved you guys on H-T was when Jesse posted that. The rest was about a kid that insisted you HAD to have two blow off valves for a TT setup, 4 for a quad, and so on. He also argued that his brothers 4.xx second top fuel dragster(that sits in his garage in Lockwood?) runs Sunoco 116 Octane fuel. And that you can tune your turbo car with your blow off valve.

Jesse is the one that brought you guys up, and I just said that everybody but you stopped posting in there.

In NO WAY did I mention "schooling" you, if you read the post, it doesn't involve you until Jesse posts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.advocare.com/110212981/Store/default.aspx
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:34 pm

I've only been referring to the car for sale thread... I have no clue what this other thread is you guys are talking about.

You wanna know the best way to get knowledge in the auto world? Admit you just don't know. There's no shame in asking for help, or a legitimate question...
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:45 pm

And I would like to know how I "took the kid for a ride" hen I sold my hatch to him? It needed a turbo, I sold it to him with him KNOWING it needed a turbo AND possibly motor work. If you ask me he made out pretty good, considering there is great compression across the board in his motor, although there might not be for long considering the way he treats it, no cars like hitting the rev limited seconds after starting up.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:47 pm

So someone local took Bill for a ride on the purchase of one of his cars?

Do tell. Who was it? And have they had their ass kicked yet?
Back to top Go down
kornkid21792
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
kornkid21792

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:51 pm

this is unfortuante, it is very sad when people lie about what work they can or cant do or the quality of their cars espcecially to people that know no better
Back to top Go down
02 bugeye-baby
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 1:59 pm

yeah personally in high school i hated the honda kids that talked shit to everyone if they had a different car then a honda and wanted to race everything that moved and acted like dumbasses, i cant even count the times a honda tried racing me on the way to school or driving home from work, i appreciated honda guys who are mature and dont look down on people becasue they drive something else or because they wont race on busy streets and most of the older honda guys i have talked to were really cool it just seems like the younger generation, which is my generation make asses out of themselves when they do ricer fly-bys in heavy traffic to try and get some looks
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 2:02 pm

Riptide wrote:
So someone local took Bill for a ride on the purchase of one of his cars?

Do tell. Who was it? And have they had their ass kicked yet?
I was told that the car I am trying to sell had a full stroker motor, and was informed otherwise by the guys on hondatech, and they are now mad at me because of a single post on facebook, replying to the guy I got the car from, I am waiting to see a build sheet on the motor, and expecting that the guys are right about this.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 2:03 pm

It may take more than a build sheet to confirm but you are aware of that apparently.
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 2:38 pm

yeah, if somebody wants to help me dig into it to figure all this out, i would appreciate it greatly.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 3:08 pm

Ben,
Didn't you know that you are born with infanite wisdom and as you get older you loose it like a bucket with a crack leaks water.
You're loosin it dude.... surprised you can even pronounce Honduh anymore. lol.

Like I should talk.... In just a couple years I'll be just as dumb as you. lol
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 3:11 pm

Seems to me Billy was the victim and was trying to sell something going off what he was told. So why so much hate? Once he heard from all of you about the discrepancies he was open to listen and trying to learn more about the situation. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure what this post is supposed to do beside make more drama. Especially all those supposedly stupid comments on things that are really matters of opinion. If you think these are important things to talk about start another thread with no name calling and listen because I think a lot of people have a lot to learn on these topics.

-# of BOV's
-Tuning BOV's
-Location of BOV's

If you are looking out for potential buyers that's great and we all should help in situations likes that. But again I don't see how that warrants a whole new topic calling someone out that appears to be the victim and I didn't see anywhere he claimed to know more than anyone. I think Ego's and drama ruin the car scene and this thread seems like its full of both. Everyone take a deep breathe, we all enjoy cars and need to learn somehow so lets just help and stop all the drama!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 3:52 pm

I have a BOV!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
EGJDM
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
EGJDM

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:02 pm

Jason the other thread was looking out for other buyers. So they don't get stuck buying something that is being sold as something it is not! The point is that previous to this he also sold a car that had a problem to and unsuspecting young buyer. Saying it just needed a turbo seal or turbo, when even the tuner said that more then likely the rings were gone. Jason how would you feel if you really had no knowledge of cars and someone sold you a car with a minor problem that was actually quite a major problem? I am gonna assume not to pleased!
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:06 pm

When the facts of the said car got pointed out on HT noone changed there post corrected it, just got come backs that came off as people didnt know what they were talking about looking at or have seen with there own eyes....So yes I will call that kind of stuff out..No need to try to pull the wool over someones eyes especially to keep it going after many people point the same things out over and over...And thats what I felt was going on at time...

As for this thread and bringing it all out to the open here..I would do it all over again and again..Because once this thread came out he did change his thought process, he actually instead of making excuses and comebacks started thinking man maybe this car isnt what I was told it was and has said that he should change his wording on his FS thread...I have talked to him since this thread came about on MAEC and have offered to help him figure this car out. What it has doesnt have what it needs etc..

Honestly I think everyone should start calling Bullshit when people say they have this or that blah blah, act like know it alls or are selling something that isnt what it is etc etc..I feel this way because for to long people have made up storys etc and everyone just goes ok but in back of mind are saying bullshit. Well maybe if we call Bullshit this kind of thing will stop and people that are new to something wont fall victam to this kind of shit...Plus it will make these story tellers realize that guys are making me back my story up!!! LOL...couldnt hurt to try..

Also ego or wanting to start drama did not come into play here..I guess at my age I am just loosing my patience level with these kind of things..And am gonna start calling it out..

Someone has to be the Asswhole!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:11 pm

Oh I certainly agree Johnathon, and I did have that situation when I was younger. I am not fully in the loop obviously. All I am saying is lets help out like warning other buyers. That is great.

I'm just going to stay out of this, I don't know all the details obviously. I'm not saying you shouldn't call BS on a bad possible sale.

But I don't see what this thread or the name calling that ensued has to do with stopping that sale. Ben you've sold many cars so you know they all have a history and no one unless they are the original owner ever knows its full history. Posting what you know about the car is great information, posting opinions and comments on the sellers knowledge or lack their of depending on the situation doesn't seem worthy of a new thread. If you see a potential bad sale posted I agree post what you know about the car, then let the potential buyers decide if they wanna take the risk. But don't try and make it into a who know's what war. That's just bringing more attention to the negative stereotypes that car guys get, because we all seem to know everything and nothing all at the same time.

Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:33 pm

Your right maybe I shouldnt have put it all into one thread but with my envolvment in this whole situation I felt it was all relavient..This thread wasnt started to warn buyers when I started it. (even though it did do that) It was started to point out show the whole situation at hand that I and others got schooled..that we dont know anything... And it was also started to point out how the honda scene is in this town..Now I have talked to Billy since all this has come about and he has explained everything and we have come to an understanding. I also feel that this thread brought that about.. So see there was a + side to it all...hahaha

On a side I have been loyal to the Honda scene in this town since 95/96, have dealt with this kinda of stuff and all the other BS that has come with it and I think it is time for a new Honda scene in this town/state...Time to change how we are viewed as a group...I think it is time to start making people back what they say up, no more hard parking in the garage.. Its time for some quality builds and to get to the tracks...Come together as a group not so diveded..
Back to top Go down
jdmsolutions
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
jdmsolutions

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:41 pm

agreed! bring out all the garage queens and stop letting them build up a layer of dust!
haha i better edit a bit too, cuz ive only driven my car like 10 times in the past 2 years!! but thats better than none i suppose

Last edited by jdmsolutions on October 25th 2010, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://honda-tech.com
BlueSteel
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
BlueSteel

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 4:45 pm

Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? C893656c4bc54cfbe88e59d5f956dbd27f1
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:03 pm

Did I mention I have a 'TUNED BOV'!
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:21 pm

It's a good thing this forum doesn't have a private message feature, or the rest of us wouldn't have this soap opera type stuff to keep us entertained at work.
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:25 pm

whats a bov Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:28 pm

I knew a girl that was a really good BOV. Dang... that was nearly 15 years ago now.... eeekkkkkk!

Ben,
This crap is exactly why I'm an undercover honduh guy. I'm too embaressed to admit it outright. lol
It bugs me so much that I don't even own a honda anymore.

On a side note....... alot of those Honduh kids own scoobyroos now.... so maybe things will change. lol

Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:29 pm

I still say that in my humble opinion the best way to make the "Honda scene" better would be to stop fighting, arguing and name calling and help each other out. I think the majority of Honda guys in town that have really put the time into their cars could care less if someone knows less than they do, they'd be all over helping them learn. I think that's whay I always hated 24th street, to me it represented too many guys standing around arguing over stuff that didn't matter. All the while lots of guys where in the garage making friends, building memories and learning a lot. If you want to change a scene be the change you seek, so if you want the group to be viewed in a better way be better yourself. No good comes from putting anyone down. If they know a lot or a little they still are in it for fun, so who care how much or little we all know. I remember way too many times with some of the old time Honda guys giving kids crap and 99% of the time the so called veteran's were totally wrong in what they said and hurt the younger guys feelings in the process.

I enjoy cars, and making friends. I still get worn out from how many people think putting other car guys down is the way to make things better. Help someone out, make a new friend, go race your car and have fun. I don't care what ya drive or don't drive, we're all a bunch of guys that like cars so why not help when we can and listen when we don't know the answer.

Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 5:49 pm

EGJDM wrote:
Jason the other thread was looking out for other buyers. So they don't get stuck buying something that is being sold as something it is not! The point is that previous to this he also sold a car that had a problem to and unsuspecting young buyer. Saying it just needed a turbo seal or turbo, when even the tuner said that more then likely the rings were gone. Jason how would you feel if you really had no knowledge of cars and someone sold you a car with a minor problem that was actually quite a major problem? I am gonna assume not to pleased!
you, sir, are ill informed, i sold it to him, with him knowing it needs a turbo, AND possibly piston rings. before he bought it, we compression tested it, and it came out good across the board, and i told him, by the looks of it, the piston rings are still good, but there is still a possibility it will need them in the near future(aka, when he puts a new turbo on, and turns up the boost, like he said he was going to). he bought the car KNOWING it needed a turbo and possibly rings, hence why he took out like a $4750(either that or 4250) loan on my $3250 car.
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 6:16 pm

Well Jason I agree with you to a certain level. I do usually try to be humble, ignore the dumb shit and just hang in garage or go to the tracks, I dont think I have ever come off as a guy that knows it all..First to admit when I dont and will ask for help anytime I need it.Maybe my attitude and words come off as a know it all, but i know I am not and its not my intentions to come off that way. I have always been willing in past and present to lend my tools, use my garages,answer any questions I could, find someone a good deal on a part/car, put together a meet, do whatever.........I guess you can say this was the straw that broke the camels back.. And I let it all out...

plus apprently this humble way isnt working...Nothing has changed, its all the same as before except the fact that the Honda scene lost alot of good guys cuz of things like shit talking, people telling storys, hard parking and not taking it to the tracks...So maybe its time for a change, mix it up a little??? Weed out the ones that arnt committed, LOL

I am almost positive everyone on here including my self is willing to lend a hand/personal experiences to anyone...I just think people are fed up with the games and bullshit of the Honda scene...And are not gonna sit back all quiet and humble anymore...I know I wont it doesnt work for me or I just havnt found the way to make it work..So maybe if I am more blunt about it all it will have a different effect maybe it wont..Its worth a try...

Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 6:31 pm

sxpkpower wrote:
It's a good thing this forum doesn't have a private message feature, or the rest of us wouldn't have this soap opera type stuff to keep us entertained at work.

Basketball

Back to top Go down
kornkid21792
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
kornkid21792

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 7:56 pm

haha funny thing i am work right now ahahah
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 9:32 pm

I sense some animosity behind your comment Randy... HA HA HA!

Last edited by DoodieHead on October 26th 2010, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 10:52 pm

you guys are just jealouse cause I know more than you.
Back to top Go down
kornkid21792
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
kornkid21792

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 10:56 pm

exactly!
Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 11:29 pm

I had a BOV..... Sad Wait.... I still have Robert's BOV in my trunk.......ehhhh that sounded dirty. lol! But seriously it is in my trunk.... HA!!
Back to top Go down
924g63
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
924g63

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 1:31 am

Billy I put the motor in that car and could tell you if it has had any work done and the fuel smell is because it has a bad upper gasket in the tank the guy I built it for was too cheap to replace anything. just give me a call and I will help you out.
Back to top Go down
DogBox
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
DogBox

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 2:23 am

DoodieHead wrote:
I have a BOV!

Hey me too!!! Mines a Turbosmart DUAL Port BOV. LOL, do I need dual turbos? confused
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 2:26 am

thats what the kid argued, according to him, you need a blow off valve for every turbo you have.
Back to top Go down
DogBox
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
DogBox

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 2:32 am

Guess I'm effed then. Oh well, the old lady's Buick has neither BOV nor turbo so I guess that's my new ride. Sad
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 8:09 am

billythekid wrote:
thats what the kid argued, according to him, you need a blow off valve for every turbo you have.
the kid may have wastegate, and bov mixed around. if you come across a situation like that, dont argue. let them make themselves look like a I d 10 T .
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
kornkid21792
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
kornkid21792

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 11:15 am

just point and laugh
Back to top Go down
DogBox
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
DogBox

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:13 pm

Novaflash2002 wrote:
billythekid wrote:
the kid may have wastegate, and bov mixed around. if you come across a situation like that, dont argue. let them make themselves look like a I d 10 T .

Told a girl once that management had been looking for her for a while and she needed to go to the HR Office to take an "I D 10 T" test. She was confused so I repeated, slower this time, "I D 10 T" while she wrote it on the palm of her hand. I pointed and laughed. Then she hit me in the eye with that hand. Less funny after that. pirat
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2010, 12:41 pm

Novaflash2002 wrote:
billythekid wrote:
thats what i informed him of, but he continued to argue..

if Sam chimes in, this is the same kid that said 800whp from his 302 with cams, headers, and intake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?   Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apprently I got schooled on Honda-Tech by a noob!! Anyone else get schooled?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next