Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel

Go down 
+8
a-thomp
Cyfun
f20bmt
kagekun
ghost
ford_racer
ZipDriveX
DoodieHead
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Empty
PostSubject: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 6:10 pm

Just thought I would throw this out there. I am sure it is going to be pretty crappy, but I am going to give it a shot. 8:00pm on the History channel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:22 pm

I heard about this on the radio today. Interesting. Lemme know how it compares......
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317696
ford_racer
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
ford_racer

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bigskyautoforums.com
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 10:38 pm

im all for america in almost all things but i dont see how this is gonna compare
like the real top gear
Back to top Go down
kagekun
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
kagekun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 10:51 pm

Ill watch it...but the fact that their table is part V8 just pisses me off
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219131
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 10:28 am

I like the post about giving us something descent to whatch in between seasons of the real top gear. It may not be as good as the original but compared to just about every other piece of garbage that is on the tv this should be okay.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 8:31 pm

Like Eric said, it's still probably gonna be better than the rest of the shit on TV. Plus, the British TG was a bit crappy for the first season or so, but they've gotten better every year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 12:19 pm

Anyone who wants to watch is welcome to come over. I'm hoping that it'll seem better after some alcohol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 2:53 pm

Cyfun wrote:
Like Eric said, it's still probably gonna be better than the rest of the shit on TV. Plus, the British TG was a bit crappy for the first season or so, but they've gotten better every year.

yeah that is true , gotta give it a try
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 4:26 pm

i fuckin LOVE the british top gear. and i'm sure that in no way will this be as amazing as the british one. but i'm sure i'll watch this everytime! Tanner Foust is an awesome guy and i'm sure he'll be pretty sweet. this video of him makes me very optimistic of him being one of the guys on the show lol it's so great
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 8:02 pm

I've got my dish all set up to Dial in automatically. I am pretty skeptical as I think its going to be tough to compare to Jeremy Clarksons "british humor". i am optimistic at the same time though and I hope it does well and is a kick ass show. Tanner Foust should make it decent, and as long as they have crazy(ier) antics than the British version I think it will hold out ok.

I'm sure the writers and creators were pretty aware that it is going to be criticized and compared very closely, so hopefully they'll have upped the ante to make it that much better. I'm cutting off the girlfriend's viewing of "ELF" in t-minus 56 minutes so I can watch TG.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 10:45 pm

Overall I thought the show was decent. In my opinion the show is almost identical in every way except for the hosts. Tanner is definitely going to make the show as his driving skills are superb.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes and all the crazy stuff they do.
Back to top Go down
rwheelz
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 9:48 am

Am I the only one who can't stand Tanner Foust?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:21 pm

rwheelz wrote:
Am I the only one who can't stand Tanner Foust?

Apparently.... Cause I like him better than Paul Tracy. Or.... even you for that matter..... lol... ok just kidding. Never met Paul or Tanner.... But I like Tanner best in the Battle of the supercars.

And R.J..... your alright too.... But don't tell anyone I said so ok? lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 3:37 pm

I, for one, like Tanner. The other guys are kinda meh. Tanner seems like the only articulate, clever one. And while it may not ever be as clever and dramatic as the British version, it was definitely better than 90% of the shit on these days. Not as good as House or South Park, of course, but I'll still probably watch it every week to partially fill my TopGear craving.
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 9:38 pm

the one thing i thought after the show was, i really hope that the hosts can develop a wide variety of vocabulary and language like that of Jeremy, James, and Richard. If Tanner and them can learn how to commentate and still make it funny but at the same time interesting and informative, then it will grow to be an amazing show
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 10:47 am

The review said the hosts develope into something watchable as the season goes on, it was okay and it should get better.
Back to top Go down
DigitalSpecV03
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
DigitalSpecV03

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2010, 8:44 pm

I hope it gets better. I myself was not impressed nearly as much as the British version but I'm sure I'll keep watching just to see how this turns out.

Just one of the reasons I enjoy the British version:

Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 6:33 pm

New Top Gear tonight on the History Channel at 8. hope it's better than the last episode. Last episode was pretty good but i'm pretty optimistic about tonights
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 6:41 pm

I am will be watching both Top Gear and The Walking Dead. Sunday night lineup is amazing now.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 8:02 pm

DoodieHead wrote:
I am will be watching both Top Gear and The Walking Dead. Sunday night lineup is amazing now.

Ditto. Once the new season of Breaking Bad starts, we'll be set.
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2010, 10:13 pm

episode was pretty great. way better than the first episode in my opinion
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 3:00 pm

It is very difficult to watch the show and enjoy it, but it will suffice for now.
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 7:41 pm

it absolutely KILLS me how they have to explain every single thing they do to the American audience. They have to explain the Stig every single time. i hate it. The Stig isn't humorous at all
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2010, 7:54 pm

The hardest part about watching is you are always waiting for the humor, but there is none. Hope the next few episodes are better.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2010, 5:39 pm

Yeah. I will admit that this last episode was pretty decent. Tanner comes a lot closer to the British presenters' style than the other two dudes. It's a shame Adam Carrola didn't make the cut, cause his sassynsss and sarcasm would have been welcome. With any luck, they will settle into their roles a bit more as the season progresses. If you go back and watch season 1 of British TG, it was pretty wobbly, too. It was sad seeing only like 20 people in the audience in the hangar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel   *NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*NEW* American TOP GEAR starts Sunday on the History Channel
Page 1 of 1