Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Subaru is really pissing me off!

Go down 
+4
haproot
ghost
shawnss
DoodieHead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

Subaru is really pissing me off! Empty
PostSubject: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 9:27 pm

Well as some of you may know my turbo went out on my '08. Due to the turbo going out I lost quite a bit of oil and partially starved the motor and lost some bearing material. Well Subaru knows that there was material found in the oil pan and they are just going to put the oil pan back on and call it good. WHAT THE HELL! I have been through many bearings in my '01 and know that it is only a matter of time before they are completely gone. I assume they are just praying that the motor lasts for another 20k so they dont have to deal with it, but I assure you it will not make it. Being that this is my 7th Subaru, 3 of which were brand new (all my current ones), I would have hoped they would treat a loyal customer better than this.

The '08 model is known for throwing bearings as it is and they are just going to look away from this. I cannot believe it. I will be going down to Subaru on Monday to get this all sorted out and hopefully leave knowing there will be a new short block installed.

Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 9:46 pm

sorry to hear mikey. hope you get everything figured out. that sucks. time to v8 swap that beast.
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2010, 11:13 pm

well all dealerships are money first customer hopefully baffed with bullshit , ford ,chevy, had my run arounds with them , all seem to not really give a shit
Back to top Go down
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 1:49 am

That sucks. Did they say anything about the exhaust?
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 8:13 am

If you need us to all show up and stand behind you with our arms crossed when you go down there to bitch them out, let us know. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 8:55 am

They said nothing about my mods as of yet, but I am sure they will bring that up the more I complain about the bearings. Regardless I am going to get this taken care of. If I have to trade in for a new Outback or Forester I will. I am not going to feel comfortable driving around with a bad motor.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 10:08 am

Very frustrating but honestly I agree with Sam I doubt many other car companies would act differently in this situation.

I did read about one guy on the net who had a major problem with the engine in his honda civic before 80,000 miles. It was out of warranty and they still replaced it. I think that was the exception not the rule.
Back to top Go down
Snakebite420
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Snakebite420

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 9:50 pm

Remember its not subaru causing this, its the half ass'ed companys working for subaru that dont want to man up, and also theres alot of Mechanic's that dont care about there job that much as well.
Back to top Go down
Snakebite420
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Snakebite420

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 9:52 pm

I hope the engine fail's (if you want it to) just so they can get it fixed for you. but hell if you can trade it in to something else that would be nice to.

Well good luck mike on this! keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2010, 11:04 pm

What company working for Subaru is at fault here?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 12:03 am

Good old rimrock.

You need to talk to Don Volk or Shannon Gjerde

Don is operations manager and a red neck.....

Shannon is an Ex Tech and service manager.

I would talk to Shannon.... But he'll have to talk to Don anyways. Probably have to talk to both of them no matter what. I used to work for them back in 2000-2001 they're good old boys.... but Rimrock is a crap company.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 12:31 am

You can always shop another dealer but if they went up the line and Subaru denied the claim it's not gonna matter unless the dealer themselves decides to cover it and take the loss.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 1:57 pm

I think you should try and trade up for an Outback. It's fun to have a fast car, but reliability is far more important for a daily driver.

If they keep dragging their feet, just rod it around town til the engine seizes and let 'em fix it then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 7:55 pm

Well I guess the car is done and I will be picking it up tomorrow morning. They are just going to run the motor as is and hope it doesnt fail. I will be putting an oil pressure gauge on my car TOMORROW to see if pressure is normal just to make sure. This time of year is a real pain as I go up to the Big Horns and Redlodge a bunch and if the motor fails I am going to be screwed. Hope things work out. Might end up trading the car on an N/A just for the reliability factor. I really dig the Outback I have been driving, but would obviously buy a new one.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 8:36 pm

Dang..... it would be a real shame if the tech that worked on your car didn't tighten that oil line on the turbo very well and the engine lost all it's oil while you were driving. Wink
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2010, 5:03 pm

Well got my car back this morning and everything seems fine. Tibor did an excellent job. You cannot even tell he was in there whatsoever, which is very impressive. I detailed the engine bay as there was some oil in a few places and it looks all square again. Pretty stoked to have her back..., but for how long... Will the bearings last? I HOPE SO.

Thanks again to Tibor and Robert for backing down at Subaru, you guys are the best friends a guy could have. Smile
Back to top Go down
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 2:30 pm

Nice, glad to hear you got it back. Did they replace the bad o2 sensors too?
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2010, 3:04 pm

Tibor? Is that guy's name Mike? I think we got a Supra from him. Pile of crap, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subaru is really pissing me off!   Subaru is really pissing me off! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subaru is really pissing me off!
Page 1 of 1