Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Bagged vehicles

Go down 
+2
ProOnThaSnow
Liv4accelor8ion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 1:51 am

So over the last couple weeks I have been reading up alot on air systems and what it takes to put a vehicle on air, specifically my S10. I am very seriously considering taking the jump and putting it on air this summer. I like the lowered truck look but with montana adjustability is a plus. At first I wasnt even considering "laying frame" cause I thought it took way more time and work but after educating myself, Im kinda intrigued with laying it out on some 20" wheels. There are a handful of lowered trucks here in missoula but not many and I dont know any of them. Anyone on the board have experience with it or have others in your community with bagged vehicles?
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 9:55 am

When I lived in WA, I am pretty sure damn near every one of my friends had a bagged truck. My advice? Only do it if you're extrememly mechanically inclined. And do it right the first time - spend the extra money on larger diameter line, better valves and solenoids and good pumps. IMO, just a nice static drop works great. Laying frame is cool and all, until you lose a line traveling down the interstate at 75mph. Plan on working on your truck CONSTANTLY, going through tires, and spending more on it than you originally intend (thats how all projects work, isn't it?).

A couple friends of mine have actually been featured in various mini trucking videos. Is it fun? Yes. Practical? Not at all. Once my brother gets some cash saved we're planning on dropping his '07 Silverado SCSB. Who knows when that'll be though...
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 2:59 pm

That is most definetely how 99% of projects go, take your intitial buget of funds and time...then double it then your more into a realistic ball park. And yea, I am extremely mechanically inclined, Im a certified mechanic by trade and went to Wyotech for Diesel Technology, so I am trained in the field of air- on a big rig. Im going to do a static drop with just blocks and spindles while Im doing more research and collecting parts so the only thing I will be out is the cost of the blocks which is nothing when I can get them for near cost.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 1:59 am

Just from you stating your mechanical background I am confident that you'd have not too many issues building an air ride setup! Hope to see it become a finished project eventually!
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 9:24 pm

there todd if ur willing to ill pay ya to do a 94 toyota truck make some extra $$$ jus puttin it out there ive done a cuople there exspensive .. but wht isnt anymore right? but yea my truck is my next project but not sure if i ever will get to it
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 11:47 pm

Haha we might be able to talk about it after I finish with my own truck, get all the kinks and learning curve out of the way. And they arent really that expensive, just depends on what you want to it to do and how far you wanna dive.
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 10:02 pm

that is true gotta pay before play thats how i learned it .
Back to top Go down
686raptor
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
686raptor

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 7:10 pm

I bagged and body dropped my old 89 chevy x-cab shorty and drove it year round for 2-3 years after the body drop and bagged for a year before the body drop. I loved that truck and it was a blast to drive on the weekends! Drove it to work 90 miles round trip during the week. Layed the body on the ground! Just take your time and do it right the first time and you will have yourself a trouble free air suspention. If you have any questions hit me up and i think i still have a pile of pics when i did the work on my 89.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 8:17 pm

686raptor wrote:
I bagged and body dropped my old 89 chevy x-cab shorty and drove it year round for 2-3 years after the body drop and bagged for a year before the body drop. I loved that truck and it was a blast to drive on the weekends! Drove it to work 90 miles round trip during the week. Layed the body on the ground! Just take your time and do it right the first time and you will have yourself a trouble free air suspention. If you have any questions hit me up and i think i still have a pile of pics when i did the work on my 89.
i remember that truck. a white one with i think blue interior and 3 12 inch sub in a cab through box? with a esc front clip.
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 9:11 pm

Thats awesome Rob. Good to know there is another fan out there with experience. I dont plan on doing a bd, more work then I am wanting to go through, most I might do in those regards is tub the firewall a little bit. Im still unsure of what rim size I want to go with and how far I wanna lay it. Would be sweet to lay frame but I am kinda thinking 20 inch which I would have to do some rearranging to get the frame planted, and I dont plan on drag'n. I know its apart of the awe and culture of it....but just not my taste.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 9:53 pm

heres a pic oh my buddy bagged truck. somebody before him bagged it first. But IMO didnt do a good job. he has redone everything so far even has it sittin frame. he cut the frame at the cab and built the whole back half.
Bagged vehicles IMG_4793
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 12:01 am

Thats kickass. Depending on how the dime goes, I might do my 67 C10 once I get that back on the road, when ever that is. Im kinda debating on what I want to do on the rear, BOA, 5 link bob, or a Cantilever Back half. I want the truck to be art and bring in interest from others, but I also want to keep the bed halfway practical still.

The Canti set up is definetely attention drawing but takes up alot more of the bed. 5 link bob is tried and true and only have to tub between the wheels, although if I go with the 5 link, I might do a dump bed so I can raise it and show off the suspension.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 1:35 pm

Ive always wanted to do a canti setup in an old Rabbit, or GTI. dunno why, just a;lways has been one of those things I've wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Blazinator
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
Blazinator

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2011, 12:35 am

If you want to keep the bed decently practical then i wouldn't do the standard cut out for the notches... Make your notches just tall enough to clear your 20's and raise the bed floor. You will lose depth of the bed but still have full functionality so to speak. Get on www.dfwminis.net tell em Blazinator sent ya and you will learn everything you need to know. S-10's lol there is a reason they call em dimes... they are a dime a dozen, you could even buy a bolt in kit for the rear, dimes a simple simple simple. Check out thorbros.com they are the industry leaders in S-10 kits and suspension parts.

Yay! I found someone in Montana that's interested in my kinda truck!

I would like to have the blazer layin frame within a year or so, if you have yours done we could go tear up some asphalt together sometime!

Bagged vehicles Draggin
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2011, 9:23 pm

Hell yea Blaznator! Im into everything automotive, I like imports to muscle, classic to modern, lifted 4x4 to layed out 2wd. Its a slow process on this S10. I am constantly having to move it around so I cant have it out of commission for to long. Life has been nuts this summer so wasnt able to or motivated to do anything on it and currently have been letting my sister use it to help her move. So far I havent done anything to it suspension wise. I have bought the compressors so far, but other then that I have just been fixing little things here and there to help make it last and more dependable. But I think start of next year I am going to start really collecting the parts and then maybe have it bagged by summer.

Just picked up a sonoma hood for it today, looks way better but needs some work. Also picked up some leather bucket seats out of a Honda Passport to replace the worn out broken S10 buckets.
Back to top Go down
Blazinator
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
Blazinator

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 1:21 pm

Yeah I'm looking for some Pontiac Sunfire buckets as they fit the S10 sliders so I wont have to make brackets or anything for them. I have a manifold block for the blazer 8 valves so I can have two at each corner unless I do a two link instead of four link for the rear then I'll just bypass two of them and go with six. Thats about all I have for bag parts. Sold everything else I had before I moved up there to Montana. Had 3 Viar's and two tanks one 5 gal and one 3 gal. Sol the comps and tanks with some Honda accord air cylinders I had to a Drastic Measures club memeber since I sold my Accord and would never use the cylinders again. The comps and tanks were used so I figured I'm going to go with brand new equipment when I get ready to bag the Blazer. I just need to find someone in Helena that can fab up my two link to bolt into the stock leaf spring brackets with a panhard bar. The front is easy stuff. I'de like to find a lil square body 2wd s-10 to body drop but I'm thinking that will be a lil hard up here. I want a single cab short bed. Figure it would be an easy enough project. I'm gonna have to agree with you I'm pretty much into anything automotive just for the time being the MiniTruck thing has my interest. Found a lead on a 79 square body Chevy C10 single cab short bed 2wd dually... doesn't seem like they have any bites on it and if they still have it by spring I'm probably going to scoop that up maybe body it instead of a lil s-10. Well, It's really good to know there are a few bag'd vehicles up here in Big Sky. I was really beginning to think I was a Lone Ranger (no Texas pun intended)!
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 10:02 pm

Yea. I saw a late 70s early 80s dually on air at the gas station not too long ago. It was a old timer driving, kinda had to chuckle to myself when he laid it out at the pump. Wasnt my taste though he had it on like 14 or 15" wire rims. And there are quite a few bagged toyotas here as well. But the bagging process started sooner then I expected. Have some Slam SS 7s on there way here, should be in on friday. Having Suicidedoors.com make me some tubular arms, those should be here middle of next month. And just cut up my lower control arms tonight to start plating them. Im just going to hook the front on individual schraders for not so I wont utilize the two Viar 480s until I get the back done.
Back to top Go down
686raptor
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
686raptor

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2011, 5:03 pm

Almost finished putting full airride set-up and rear 4-link on a customers 64 galaxie. Maybe i get some pics up.
Back to top Go down
Blazinator
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
Blazinator

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 5:15 pm

No one here in Helena that I have talked to want's to nor can fab me up a simple two link for the blazer... everyone says buy a kit and we will install it. Problem is with the blazer being a 2dr they don't make a kit, only for the four door and s-10 pickups. The frame on the 2dr is completely different so I need a one off kit or one fab'd up. Wish I could weld. It's a simple 2 link that I want off the factory leaf brackets... the front is easy... I just need to order control arms with bag brackets and some drop spindles. I just don't know how to weld.
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 1:44 am

Blaz, need to move to missoula man. I have a welder and the know how. Work got slammed with "winter rush" and all, but I feel it starting to slow down and then lay off will be here so I can jump back on the dime. Everything is here now. Have the bags, cups, drop spindles, and tubular uppers. I just need to finish one more lower and then coat all four control arms, and then clearance the frame for the bags. After that all I need is the line and fittings and put it back together.
Back to top Go down
Blazinator
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
Blazinator

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 10:04 am

Well maybe when when I get the front bagged and we are in the clear from winter weather in like 5 months lol I'll make the trip and come see you. Being two wheel drive and the only vehicle I have right now I'm having trouble getting to work two blocks from my house. My uncle gave me a set of stock blazer wheels with studded tires on them but they won't clear my front steering arms. I guess the 4 door and 2 door are a little different up front and 15" rims wont clear. I have to get 18's to lay frame anyways because I don't want to cut up the inside rear to lay or take out my front fender wells. Working at the Chevy dealer I'm making pretty good money so hopefully like I said in a couple of months I'll have everything ready to go. As of right now all I have is a manifold block with 8 valves and a AEM switch box.
Back to top Go down
Blazinator
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
Blazinator

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 10:23 am

Oh yeah I was just reminded with the remote start question I was going to tell you... I want to get a couple extra relay's and wire my valves and switch box in with my 2 way alarm system so I can use the AUX to raise and lower from my alarm clicker. One of the guy's from my old club back in Texas did that, added wow factor I suppose. It was pretty neat to watch him park his truck and while walking away from it click his key fob and watch it lay out on its own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bagged vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bagged vehicles   Bagged vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bagged vehicles
Page 1 of 1