HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
by datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
by Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
by Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
by Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
by Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
by malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
by ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
by marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
by izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
by SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
by Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
by Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
by Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
by talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

» 2014 Helena Track Days
by DoodieHead August 9th 2014, 9:33 am

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Group Calendar?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 4:14 am

I am a member of another forum that comes together as a group and has a yearly contest to put out a calendar of member's cars. I think that we have a great group of member vehicles on this forum, and I think we could do a calendar of our own. I know I personally can never have too many car calendars.

I will be attending the June 4 Coldstone meet, and also the June 11 BBQ, so I will bring examples of the calendars there for anyone who would like to see them.

Here are links to the submission pages for our calendars:

2010: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?50909-Official-2010-CEG-Calendar-Picture-Submission-Thread&highlight=calendar

2011: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?62651-Official-2011-CEG-Calendar-Picture-Submission-Thread&highlight=calendar

Here are the rules for the CEG calendar, slightly modified to fit us a little better:

1. Must be a current MAEC forum member.
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are active members or no longer own the car. Submit as many photos of your car as you want, but only one photo in the calendar will be allowed per member - so submit your BEST.

2. High Resolution Very Important!
We would like a resolution of 2300 X 1800 for the pictures. This is approximately equivalent to a 5 Megapixel camera. I cannot stress this enough. A fantastic photo will not make it if the resolution requirements are not met. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!! The reason I say we would like 5 megapixel resolution is because that meets the printing requirements exactly. 4 megapixel images may be able to be stretched and examined to see if they are still of quality to print, but if you want a serious shot at making the calendar, get or borrow a 5+ megapixel camera! I'll say it again, The higher the resolution the better!

3. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality and make more work for us to sort through the pictures.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, and multiple member vehicles are big pluses.

4. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Vehicles with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.
See # 6 below.

5. No repeat pictures
Pictures from previous year's calendars will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

6. Photoshop
No digitally modified pictures will be accepted for the calendar. (lowered, additional parts digitally added, etc.) HDR (High Dynamic Range) images will be allowed. In addition to this, we also will allow minor touch up to cars. This includes digital removal of small dents/scratches that would otherwise eliminate a good picture. Adding color or digitally fixing unpainted/unfinished parts is not allowed.

7. Submission
Submit smaller (640 x 480 or 800 x 600) pictures in this thread.

8. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer.

9. Must be appropriate for a workplace.

10. Must be a Landscape (Horizontal) orientation picture
This is a horizontal orientation calendar so needless to say that portrait (vertical) orientation pictures won't be able to be used.

11. No Date/Time stamps!
Just don't even submit them if there is a date stamp visible in the picture. Yes, they can be taken off with photoshop in most pictures but it is the SUBMITTER's responsibility to do so. And remember if there is a visual editing artifact we will have to reject it.

=Other info=

Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
I am investigating a method where any member could vote.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. I did see some pricing that said if we have over 15 orders that the calenders could be $9.75+ shipping. I will call the printer to verify prices and update here. Should be no more than $20, so just plan for that as worst case senario.

Calendar release date
By having the deadline be November 1, we should be able to get the calendar ready to be ordered by the middle of December.

Anyone who thinks this might be something they are interested in, please post here or PM me. I would be willing to get the voting together and also get in touch with CafePress to find out final pricing, etc. I think this could be a great addition to our family, and it's really great to see the pics that other people have taken of their rides.

If enough people would be willing to submit photos, I would ask Mike to put a submission sticky somewhere so we can have one place to view everything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gtolzien
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 4:53 am

Sarah you kick ass!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 7:28 am

Smile Hey thanks! Hope it works out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smd
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 7:32 am

Sounds like a great idea to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 8:08 am

We need more months in the year for all the damn cars we have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 9:12 am

^^^^ +1 Laughing

It's a great idea, we've talked about one on my Avenger forum but it basically comes down to the fact that all the cars wont usually fit and everyone just says "Go make one yourself" lol. I would be totally down!!

[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 9:14 am

Group photos would be key.

Incidentally, did you guys hear about that Mustang club that was putting together a calendar, and Ford actually went after them because the calendar they were selling contained the Ford logo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 9:48 am

The thing that I really think makes these calendars worth having is that it's a true competition to get your car in. The CEG has over 60,000 members - not all active, of course, but it's a big site that's been around for a long time. In 2010 there were over 100 photos that got chosen as finalists, and 13 were narrowed down from those.

Every year you have to try harder to make your photo not only show off your car, but show off the background and your photography skills. It's tough - there have been some amazing photos that I was SURE would make it in, and didn't.

I start taking calendar submissions as early as March, and keep taking pictures as late as November - you just never know what's going to be that great moment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 2nd 2011, 9:49 am

Cyfun wrote:
Incidentally, did you guys hear about that Mustang club that was putting together a calendar, and Ford actually went after them because the calendar they were selling contained the Ford logo?

I didn't hear about this. Wonder if it went anywhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 4th 2011, 7:09 am

Ok, got some tentative pricing information from the website I'm thinking about using for this.

They have two sizes of calendar that are a traditional flip-open style. The pricing is very similar for each, just a little more for the bigger size.

The regular size is 11"x17" when open on the wall, with pages 11"x8.5" each. Pricing for this size is $22 for 1-14 units, and $9.74 for 15 . This is the style I will bring to meets today and next weekend.

The oversize calendar is 17x22" when open on the wall, with pages 17"x11" each. Pricing for this size is $23 for 1-14 units, and $12.34 for 15 .

I also want you all to know that I will make NO MONEY from this project. This is not something I'm doing for profit, I want to do it for us to have something very cool that's unique to our group.

Just so you're all aware, I'm also investigating a way to add $1-$2 to the cost of each calendar purchased and donating that money to this site for upkeep, Lewistown fees, etc. So these prices might be just a bit higher, but I think overall it's a great price for a pretty cool product.

The way I look at it, at least 13 members are assured to buy one of these - one for each person who makes it in (12 months plus the cover). As long as 2 more people purchase one, we'll get the cheaper pricing. I know if my car gets in, I will buy two - one for the wall, and one for shows.

Please keep feedback coming - I want have an idea about who is planning to submit photos so I know if there's enough interest to pursue this. I have a crazy busy fall coming up for me, so the more we can get accomplished in the summer, the easier my life will be.

Last edited by alien_yet_familiar on June 8th 2011, 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 4th 2011, 7:12 am

What a great idea Sarah. I would like to get in on this for sure.

alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 5th 2011, 1:33 am

I was thinking about this a bit more and am pretty sure if we decide to go with the bigger calendar, then we'll have to require a higher resolution picture - probably 7+ megapixels - to have a high-quality result.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alien_yet_familiar
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 9th 2011, 4:00 am

All right folks.... I've been searching the forum for calendar entry-worthy pics. I have not, however, looked at every post from every person, so don't be offended if I didn't include one of your photos. There are lots of people out there who have taken multiple awesome photos!

My computer at work is acting up, not showing all the photos in each thread for some reason, so after about 30 minutes of searching, I've decided to stick with just these, and will add more later today after I've gotten home and slept.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brnin8r
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   June 10th 2011, 11:04 am

Love love love this idea!! I know there's some photogs on the forum as well, so Frank and Luke will dig this idea. I didn't see this thread until today, otherwise I'd have talked to you some more about it. Guess there's tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Calendar?   

Back to top Go down

Group Calendar?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club :: 'General Information' :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: