Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

This is why you should think twice...

Go down 
+3
Cyfun
BlueSteel
ProOnThaSnow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

This is why you should think twice... Empty
PostSubject: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 11:39 am

...before racing in town, on busy streets.

Back to top Go down
BlueSteel
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
BlueSteel

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 1:01 pm

That can happen at the track too.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 4:14 pm

I am well aware of that, but let's get real - chances of it happening at the track are considerably smaller. Not too often do you get in a 120mph head on going down the 1320...

But I guess if you have no concern for the safety of innocent civilians, by all means race up and down 24th street in front of my house.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 2:42 am

You gonna invest in a concrete block to shove into the street, Kory?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 10:15 am

Cyfun wrote:
You gonna invest in a concrete block to shove into the street, Kory?

Really Cy? it would be quite funny if he did. im sure it would slow some people down. for the most part none of us knows what he goes through on a nightly bases. on any given night there are tons of people flying b his place at a very high rate of speed.

I'm not going to be a Hypocrite. cause year's ago i was a dumb ass and drove to fast on 24th many of time. but i can say that i have grown up and things have changed. im not saying i still don't mess around on the streets. but if i want to play around. its not going to be around house or other vehicle's. i know it still doesn't make it right but i head out of town. but for me this is rare. i'm not out to much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2011, 7:24 pm

We all are guilty of fast driving, but doing it in a residential area is a huge pet peeve of mine. People speed up and down my street constantly. The other day, some dick in a Legacy sedan spewing black smoke was goin through the gears. I was outside talkin to the folks, we all turned when we heard him, I was already in a bad mood so I walked out and stood in the street, waving him down. He was going fast enough that he couldn't brake in time, I had to dodge out of the way. Gonna keep a bat by my mailbox for next time...
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 9:32 am

A fried suggested I buy some of the $1 inflatable kid's balls at Wal-Mart, and non-chalantly roll them out into the street when I hear them coming (as I do, EVERY night).

Of course I am not going to buy a concret block to put in the street, however that could very easily be replaced with my truck, or my girlfriend (and possibly son when he arrives) in her Jeep backing out of the driveway.

There are dozens of driveways and side roads people pull out of onto 24th - if you watch the video, they say the block is there to mimmick a head on collision between two cars at 120mph. Granted, half the jalopies hauling ass past my house I wouldn't feel safe going 60 mph in, let alone I dont think they will even do 120, but the point is that it is not the place to be racing (in town, in general).

Really, it takes 10 minutes to go out to many of the roads surrounded by fields - go race out there.

And the reason I posted the video is more or less to give people that "holy shit, I'll think twice before doing that again" feeling. The last thing I want to see is someone die over being irresponsible, no matter who they are.
Back to top Go down
billythekid
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
billythekid

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 1:48 pm

I use paintballs, or pennies..
Back to top Go down
https://www.advocare.com/110212981/Store/default.aspx
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 3:09 pm

Lol paintballs could work. Would be better if the ammo were marbles, or ice. Wonder if anyone makes a 68caliber ice mold.

Funny that the cops don't patrol or park over there anymore. They used to be up and down 24th constantly, hiding over by the pizza shops by the school.

I've always wanted to make some portable speedbumps. A wide one that makes a person catch air would be nice. In the winter it'd just be a matter of making a mold out of a piece of pipe sliced lengthwise, filling it with water, letting it freeze, then dropping your icebump in the road.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 3:52 pm

Pic semi-related:

This is why you should think twice... 1299478210817
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 5:31 pm

The thing is I don't want to be responsible for someone crashing and hurting themselves or possibly some innocent bystander.

I know I'll be "that asshole", but many times I've contemplated calling the Billings PD and offering to let them sit in my driveway. They really do need to step up the patrols on 24th, and actually pull over people hauling ass. I understand people are going to speed, hell, I am usually doing 40mph everywhere in town, but there's no need to be doing 80 on a city street, let alone being the asshole that ran me up onto the curb a couple weeks back when they were racing 3 wide toward grand (some douche in a lifted duramax).

If It wasn't so late and I wasn't as tired as I was that night I wouldve flipped a shitty and followed the truck and got the plate.

It truly gets old worrying every time my girlfriend goes to back out of the driveway if some punkass is either a) going to be hauling ass and hit her. b) run the red light at Lewis (like they always do) and hit her or c) be doing a wheelstand on a bike and hit her (I see them all the time in the summer months, fortunately they slow down with the weather).

And that pic, it is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
repsofchrist
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
repsofchrist

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 7:52 pm

Sounds to me like it's time to relocate your whole operation. U can keep complainin about speeders and lazy cops but the only person u can control is you. Good video. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 8:25 pm

If they're speeding and crash, that's what they get. The main downside is if they hurt innocents. But they need to learn, and if it's the hard way, so be it. Perhaps something simple like a small tack strip that can be deployed and retracted quickly and unnoticably would be the answer. Or get one of those cheap radar guns like I got and wire it up so its always on, shooting down the street. Of course that assumes that these assclowns have radar detectors.

But it wouldn't hurt to get the cops involved. Tell 'em that if they aren't gonna do anything about these speeders, you're gonna sit out front in a lawn chair, and wing cinder blocks out as they fly by. Very Happy

Here's another, more simple and safe option: the hose! Squirt 'em, or set your sprinkler to spray into the street. No one gets hurt, but they get the message. Especially if they're in a convertible.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2011, 11:33 pm

Reps - Moving is in the works, but it will be after the little one arrives. Don't want to put her through the stress of moving while she's this far along, not to mention she couldnt be of much help if I get called out of town for work. I actually like the house we're living in and the location isn't bad, the only thing that bothers me here is the speeders. Yeah we've got some "intrinsic" neighbors, but they've always been nice and watch the place like hawks whenever we're away. The next house will be on a quiet, very quiet street or out of town a bit.

Unfortunately I've got too much stuff to do when I am actually in town typically, but if someone is bored on a Friday or Sat night I'll proved the hose, the "fire nozzle" (the nozzle we have shoots like craz, could probably shoot water all the way across 24th) and a case of beer if they want to do the "dirty" work.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand - I posted the video mainly because it is pretty amazing and an eye opener.
Back to top Go down
repsofchrist
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
repsofchrist

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 5:56 pm

Probably a good call not to move till after the little one arrives. And I hate losing good neighbors, glad u have a plan to fix the situation.
Back to top Go down
jdmsolutions
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
jdmsolutions

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2011, 12:21 am

side note: when all that construction was on 24th, i think it was last summer or fallish? me and a group of buddies were at korys house on 24th and watched some drunk natives literally go straight into blocked of construction zone and ramp up a 4 foot pile of gravel at 40mph lol, nobody was hurt, it was so fucking hilarious watching them scramble and throw all their liquor bottles out of the car, and yes the cops showed up, thankfully!
Back to top Go down
http://honda-tech.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is why you should think twice...   This is why you should think twice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is why you should think twice...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club :: 'The Coffee Shoppe' :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: