Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Empty
PostSubject: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:59 pm

Any one got a hook up for getting a cheap deal on a mount and balance? I am needing to mount some used tires to my steelies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsprock.com
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 10:07 pm

if the rims dont have tires, ill mount them in my garage on the floor, other than that, take them to lisac's on king and talk to jerry
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 10:12 pm

Brandons roommate works at mieneke. His name is ryan and he is a super cool guy. Actually today was his first day. If you want me to get ahold of him I will. I dont know about a super cheap deal but they have all the stuff!
Back to top Go down
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:04 am

Been known to rent out my equipment for a 18 pak!
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:19 am

Tailwgn wrote:
And what kind of equiptment do you have? I really miss having a tire machine in my shop. We have an old crappy balancer but I question it's acuracy sometimes. Especially with the two sets of Diamond racing wheels I have that are lug centric (4x98mm) Only place I have found in town so far that has a lug centric adaptor for their machine..... and um... I've had bad experiances with the one down on 4th a bit lately.
But I would be happy with just a accurate static balance on an old bubble balancer.... they're for my race car so any consistant speeds it will see is 35mph just wondering around town for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:23 am

turbotudor wrote:
if the rims dont have tires, ill mount them in my garage on the floor, other than that, take them to lisac's on king and talk to jerry

LOL!..... Josh ur not messing with the same tires I am.... lol I'd like to see you try this mounting precedure on a set of my tires. Not making fun..... I've just already tried it. I've even tried taking an old knuckle from my car and mounting it all up in the big bench vise and slip the tire on with tire spoons. You can get the tire on the first sidewall.....good luck with the other side. reinforced sidewalls don't make it easy
Back to top Go down
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 8:39 am

Have a rim clamp tire machine and a car/truck balancer at my shop, wouldn't want to be responsible for high dollar rims but would let you use it yourself for a small fee. My shop fridge looking a little empty!
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 9:17 am

Tailwgn wrote:
Have a rim clamp tire machine and a car/truck balancer at my shop, wouldn't want to be responsible for high dollar rims but would let you use it yourself for a small fee. My shop fridge looking a little empty!

Do you have a way to mount 4x98mm wheels lug centric on you're balancer machine?
Back to top Go down
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 9:27 am

Well, not sure exactly what you mean by "lug centric" so i'm inclined to say probably not. I'll do a little checkin to see what it takes.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 10:08 am

Tailwgn wrote:
Well, not sure exactly what you mean by "lug centric" so i'm inclined to say probably not. I'll do a little checkin to see what it takes.

That would be awesome. Thanks.

Lug centric is where the wheel is centered with an adaptor with fingers that mate with the lug holes and not the center (hub) hole. When these wheels are manufactured they are chucked up and machined using the lug bolt pattern and the center hub is punched out but not on the true center of the wheel. so if you just use the hub centering adaptor to balance them with they will not be accurate as they won't mount up true using that center hole.
Back to top Go down
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 10:16 am

Gotcha, thats where the 4x98 lug pattern comes into play, not sure what all came with the balancer, it was from a tire shop and has a ton of stuff, i'll check at lunch today to see if i have that adaptor.
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 12:07 pm

Tailwgn wrote:

Rod I may take you up on your offer. I have never messed with the equipment, so I doubt you want to rent it to me, I would rather pay you to do it.

Currently my stock steelies, have 3 old rotted and ghetto tires and 1 studded snow tire. I am just wanting to thrown so used 205-60-r15 tires on them so I have something to roll around town on for a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsprock.com
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 12:44 pm

Hit me up when your ready, I could throw them on for ya, I'll pm you my cell # Oh yeah, Miller light cans is my favorite! drunken
Back to top Go down
Tailwgn
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 2:19 pm

Hey Matt, no luck on the adaptor to mount up the 4x98 on the balancer...got every size cone known to man but no lug centric adaptors. Got some reedbar and a welder though! Shocked
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 2:43 pm

Tailwgn wrote:
Hit me up when your ready, I could throw them on for ya, I'll pm you my cell # Oh yeah, Miller light cans is my favorite! drunken
those can be removed by hand and re mounted by hand, but its way easier to just pay a shop.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 3:54 pm

Tailwgn wrote:
Hey Matt, no luck on the adaptor to mount up the 4x98 on the balancer...got every size cone known to man but no lug centric adaptors. Got some reedbar and a welder though! Shocked

lol
Thanks for checking man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?   Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's got the hook up for wheel mount and balance?
Page 1 of 1