HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
by datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
by Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
by Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
by Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
by Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
by malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
by ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
by marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
by izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
by SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
by Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
by Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
by Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
by talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

» 2014 Helena Track Days
by DoodieHead August 9th 2014, 9:33 am

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

wife pissed.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]

PostSubject: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 2:28 am

what should i do, she thinks shes in competition with my stupid car?????
she has left me and i dunno what to do now, been married for 3 years and first really big issue since i do. im scared and freaked out all at the same time.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 5:55 am

Sorry to hear josh. hopefully yous guys can work things out. I try to balance my hobbys and my relationship( as best as possible). I hear it from my wife as well ( you like that truck more than me). but like i have told here before. My hobby was here before you and its something you will never take away from me. So is this something she hasnt liked for along time or did this happen all of a sudden??? Cause she most of known you were a motor head before you guys got married? but like i said i hope you guy can work things out.

ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 6:33 am

dude are u serious?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 7:33 am

huh..... I have to deal with this all the time too.... she never actually leaves me though. I kind of point it out like Shawn.... But just remember all she's really saying is.... I want YOU to spend more time with me. Not her spent time with you in the garage doing you're stupid stuff.... lol. Don't know why they do this when we're trying to get cars ready for the season.... pisses me off. Why can't they make a big stink about it when it's -20 deg outside and nothing moves? lol

Been married for ten years this June.... it's just a cycle it seams every year. Spend time with her as best you can.... make a sacrifice of some kind time wise to show her you're making an effort.... then just talk/reason with her about why you're spending you're time the way you are. And that it's way easier if you got her support not her resentment. Ask her to spend time with you doing you're stuff then dedicate at least one maybe two days to spend with her......

My wife in good fun calls my car my mistress......lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
05judge
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 7:53 am

Oh man Josh, this sucks....
I got divorced last April and it was one of those out-of-the-blue things. Still don't know what really happened. Definately give her some time to cool down and then get to the bottom of it all. There is always a way to compromise. If she is a rational person she will agree and you guys will work it all out. I totally understand how you feel though. It's nothing I want to go through again. Hope you get it all figured out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarWagon
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 8:15 am

i cant believe that....i hope u guys work everything out as fast as possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 9:07 am

Sorry to hear about this Josh, I hope you and your wifey can work things out. It seems to be a regular thing with us car guys, my gf gets pissed when I spend too much time with the car too. I always try to involve her in some way or offer her other ideas of things to do to so she doesn't think I'm ignoring her for the car. I wish you the best of luck my friend!

[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 9:57 am

Sorry about this Josh. I think one reason so many car guys go through this is at time we all do put our cars first. I have a wife thats fine with me playing with my car whenever. But in the grand scheme its still just a hobby for me. My car could never compare to my family. Cars will come and go, blow up and you keep putting a lot into them. But they'll never love you back. I looked at my car addiction as something to pass the time in my single days. But now that I have a family my car is way less important. I think this is an eye opening experience. One that you can use to decide what your priorities are and what you really want. I'll always probably play with cars but not if it interferes with what most important to me. Family and friends are what will help you when times are tough and always be there. You also have to realize that hanging out driving around or playing with cars for most girls in about as much fun as it would be for us to shop for shoes with them all day. Give her time and do the stuff she wants sometimes too. But in the grand scheme its ust a car, nothing I can see as being worth losing someone you love.

I sold my car without hesitation a while back thinking it would give me a bunch of money to enjoy more with my family. In the end my wife convinced me to buy it back but I would do it all over again as I realize all the money and time I used to waste on my car is much better spent with my wife and munchkins. I guess this is just my opinion and I know lots of others will disagree but Family and friends for me are the happiest part of my life. All the nice stuff you can buy in the world can't make you happy like friends and family can. That's the whole thing with Team Sprock. People always think we are a car club or snowboard team back in the day. But in all reality we're a group of friends that became more like family. We always drop everything to help each other out and enjoy all the good times. Some of those friendships blossomed from working on cars and for that I am glad I have had a car. But I'd give it up in a second for them or my family. TS4L

turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 12:33 pm

thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, i am giving her time to figure out what exactly is hindering her happiness. i pray and hope that everything works out and we continue being together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarWagon
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 1:35 pm

i hope so too man if you need anything just call u gots my #
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TKO Severo
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 6:56 pm

DUDE!!!! I am sorry to hear that. hope u guys work it all out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 24th 2010, 7:38 pm

Sorry to hear Josh, I hope you guys can work it out.

View user profile
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 25th 2010, 8:38 am

well after sitting down with her and talking, we have reached a common ground in our relationship where meeting in the middle isnt enough. i realize that i haven't pulled my share of the weight for sooo long that it is now my turn to doit.we are staying together, but it will take some time before we can get back to the place we were both at just 1 year ago. it didnt get messed up over 1 night, so i cant expect it to get fixed in 1 night either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
05judge
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 25th 2010, 10:08 am

turbotudor wrote:
well after sitting down with her and talking, we have reached a common ground in our relationship where meeting in the middle isnt enough. i realize that i haven't pulled my share of the weight for sooo long that it is now my turn to doit.we are staying together, but it will take some time before we can get back to the place we were both at just 1 year ago. it didnt get messed up over 1 night, so i cant expect it to get fixed in 1 night either.

I'm glad to hear that you 2 are going to try to work it all out. I wish I could have done the same thing. If my ex would have wanted to work it out when we were having problems, I would have done it in a heartbeat. Problem is that it's taken her until a couple months ago to realize she was wrong in leaving and she now wants to try again. I'm not sure I can.
I'm certainly glad you and your wife can come to a common ground to start over from and work on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 25th 2010, 11:35 am

turbotudor wrote:

well at least its a step. its always easy to just walk away. so im glad you guys can aleast work things out. i hope everything turns out fror the best in the end. but like you said its something thats going to take time and patience. cheers

DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   March 25th 2010, 2:20 pm

I have never been down this road and hope to never visit it. My GF is very understanding of my car and enjoys going for a cruise as much as myself, which is very rare in a partner. Before we even got together she knew exactly what she was getting into, but if for some INSANE REASON it was her or the car, obviously the car would have to go.

heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   April 1st 2010, 12:57 pm

I am glad you guys are going to work it out Josh. My girlfiriend gets jealous of my car all the time but she knows that she is my everything and I would do anything for her and the car is just a hobby. Just like Mike said if I had to choose between my car and her the STi would have to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   April 1st 2010, 1:51 pm

IF this is a total surprise to you then that would tend to indicate a lack of communication in the relationship. Sometimes women expect men to pick up on their little signals instead of actually making it clear that there is a problem and we need to talk. So they sit there and stew on it and feel ignored the whole time while they just get angrier and angrier until finally they go all Pearl Harbor on your ass.

Not sure that's what happened just throwing that out there. And as others have said this sort of thing is definitely commonplace. I do agree with earlier comments regarding priorities. Marriage > car. No question.

It's a fine line, a balancing act, between your own selfish pursuits and putting energy into the relationship and making her happy. Try to find the happy medium.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   April 1st 2010, 2:04 pm

we are doing good now, we have made some adjustments in our relationship and things are heading back in the right direction, thanks everybody for your input, really appreciate it King
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   April 1st 2010, 2:05 pm

It was nice to meet your wife at the West, glad to know things are good again! Happy wife, happy life!

[FETUS]
[FETUS]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 3:11 am

Dr.Auto wrote:
Don't know why they do this when we're trying to get cars ready for the season.... pisses me off. Why can't they make a big stink about it when it's -20 deg outside and nothing moves? lol

DUDE I TOTTALY F-ING AGREE!! and they want you to spend all your time haing out with them doing what they want but never want to do what you want. at least thats how it is with me. and what I want to do since i'm selling my car is play video games... BUT i know what your saying nuntheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyler.McKinley
[FETUS]
[FETUS]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 3:18 am

I'm glad I'm with the girl that i'm with! We never really had anything in common, we just knew we couldn't be apart. then she bought a subaru. ever since that thing she started to change. now she has a new subaru WRX and i'm not the love of her life anymore...but like they say, Love...It's what makes a subaru a subaru.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KICKERzx2
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 10:55 pm

no offense intended, but I dont know if this is the right place to be posting anything........ Moderator: Maybe we should lock some of these threads that Josh started so they can just be read and not brought up again.... king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 11:01 pm

KICKERzx2 wrote:
no offense intended, but I dont know if this is the right place to be posting anything........ Moderator: Maybe we should lock some of these threads that Josh started so they can just be read and not brought up again.... king

Yeah, there have been quite a few old posts being re-hashed. I'm sure he doesn't know the deal with Josh since he is from out of town. Definitely stirs up some emotions though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 11:02 pm

I agree. I'm thinking Josh's threads need to be preserved and revered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: wife pissed.....   September 19th 2010, 11:06 pm

vey agreed for sure he was the man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarWagon
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]