Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!

Go down 
+3
Novaflash2002
turbotudor
b1r - TS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Empty
PostSubject: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 5:15 pm

I thought it might be a good idea to consilidate ideas into one thread. I have seen multiple post about who can help do what so maybe we can all just have a quick little profile so when you need a hand at something specific you can find it without having to search through a bunch of threads. Also I thought it would be best to keep this thread to unique traits (I can see this going off topic real quick!). I would hope that we all have basic car skills and can help trouble shoot. I am thinking more like body work, paint, welding, pimping, etc.

Example-

Name: Jake
Cars most familiar with: Nissan/Infiniti and Mitsubishi Evo's
Skills - Mechanical Engineer, always willing to help the car community with engineering tips from calculations to cad (3-d modeling) etc. I have software on my computer that can help with flow and strength analysis of parts. I also have all the capabilty to generate dimensional drawings and CNC files.
What I charge: For most projects it will most likely be free. If it was something more complicated I might charge something but it would be very reasonable.

If we get several post, maybe we can consolidate things into one post with all the important info and then have all the comments below... help from the mod's would be appreciated with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsprock.com
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 7:11 pm

im josh, and my favorite color is clear... and im good at pullin buslengths on nicer cars than mine haha...

but for real, if i can help any one with holley carbs i'll do it, i can weld, and set some shit up too...King
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 9:11 pm

Name: Chris
Cars: Older gm, and lsx series cars/trucks
skills: I know all the basics very well. i can diagnose, rebuild and custom make a ton of shit. I also do basic genral tuning on lsx series cars and turcks. I have just about any specialty tool any one needs (if not i always find a way to make it). I also can get the hook ups for machine work. I like playing with equsions and excel.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 10:02 pm

Name: Eric
Cars: Honda
Skills: Welding, Cert. steel smaw, gtaw, gmaw, pipe, tube, plate, all positions all thicknesses.
proficient in, alum., ss, pipe, tube, plate.
Rate: I guess Ill have to put this on paper sooner or later so, because I do my work in my garage and dont have a full set of metal working tools (I dont have a tubing bender, a plasma cutter, a hammer, etc.) i think thirty bucks is fair. Feel free to tell me if anyone thinks thats too steep (even though it probably wont make a difference haha).
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 2:36 am

Name: Matt
Cars: really? I have to list these? I'll skip. lol I drive a chevy pickup
Skills: professional slacker..... I don't know jack and proficient in nothing but sleep and collecting tools that might be usefull if I was ever motivated to use them.
I might be a auto tech by trade... but it's just a front. I'm actually a fully trained demolition expert. I like making things blow up..... So I'll be more than happy to help people blow things up. lol

Hey Josh... you don't mind if I put lock-tite in you're blow off valve do you? and turbo's spin faster when lubed with graphite.... not that dyno oil stuff. That stuff is like a parasitic load or something.... lol
Back to top Go down
DigitalSpecV03
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
DigitalSpecV03

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 11:34 pm

Name: Dan

Cars most familiar with: Anything Fuel Injected What a Face and some old school stuff but I am pretty much Question when it comes to carbs.

Skills: Parts research, basic stuff like tune ups and remove and repair type jobs... basically I don't mind getting dirty to get the job done.

What I charge: Ya know I don't charge for anything Ive done so far... not like I'm certified or anything I just enjoy the learning experience and enjoy helping out when I can.
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 4:32 pm

Name: Todd
Cars: Avenger/Sebring/Eclipse/Talon
Skills: Parts Manager @ Big Sky Collision Center, not really a skill but if anyone is having their vehicle repair by us I can provide an inside scoop. Also I know a lot of the best places to find parts in town and out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317696
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!   The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The lend a hand, because you've got skills thread!
Page 1 of 1