Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
    Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc

Go down 
    +7
    Riptide
    DoodieHead
    pumpitupdj.com
    Dr.Auto
    Novaflash2002
    billythekid
    05judge
    11 posters
    AuthorMessage
    05judge
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    05judge

Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Empty
    PostSubject: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 4:12 pm

I've got a couple things to address. Is it true that if you're going less than 10 over on the interstate that the ticket is only $20? A guy I work with said he got pulled over doing 85 west of Laurel and he got a $20 ticket.

Also, I am using a radar detector and I love it. 2 days ago, I was doing about 77mph on the interstate past lockwood heading east. When I got to the Johnson Lane overpass, the radar detector started scrolling 20/20.....20/20/.....20/20.... and making all kinds of noise. There was 1 hi-po that had someone pulled over on the oncoming side, and 1 hi-po in the median. I am assuming that he hit me with some sort of laser radar gun. I slowed down to just under 70 and cruised on past him. That was the first time I had seen that message on the detector.
    Back to top Go down
    billythekid
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 4:15 pm

most of the time, you wont even get a ticket for doing less than 10 over, but if you do, it would be very minor, i can look at the maximum fines and stuff if you want..and on the radar detector, i would find a manual to it, and see what it is. i will try to find the max. fine for the ticket.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.advocare.com/110212981/Store/default.aspx
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 4:40 pm

well if you get a ticket intown they are all $95
    Back to top Go down
    http://sfrperformance.com
    Dr.Auto
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 5:29 pm

on the highways yes.... between 1-9mph over they will give you what they call a conservation ticket. It's $20....
    Back in the day it used to be $5 and didn't matter how fast you were going.... $5 conservation ticket.

Then they went to a supposed no speed limit with safe and prudent driving.... but noone could see eye to eye and people were really speeding and getting away with it...(like me)
    Back to top Go down
    pumpitupdj.com
    [TRAINEE]
    [TRAINEE]
    pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 5:39 pm

Note to everyone: the $20 ticket is only during the daytime. You will get the full ticket if you are going 10 over at night. I got the $20 ticket for going 85 on I.95. It did not go on my record Smile
    Back to top Go down
    DoodieHead
    [GOD LIKE]
    [GOD LIKE]
    DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 5:42 pm

My ticket on the interstate was $50 for doing 9 over about 3 years ago.

Most of the time you will not see a normal cop with a laser, most of them have radar (in my experience). I am guessing that the HP have lasers because they go much further than radars do and are much quicker response time so they can nail you from a distance.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.maecforum.com
    Dr.Auto
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 6:16 pm

ya I'm thinking that the conservation ticket is a BS.... I had no reason to pull you over but I need to meet my quota type of ticket. They won't show you the radar gun on that either.... So... I'm not sure what the criteria is. Maybe thats the ticket they give you when the HP airplane clocks you or something. lol
    Back to top Go down
    Riptide
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 6:17 pm

I got a careless driving citation last week.

It was $120. 67 in a 35. He knew I was slowing down when he got me.

If you pay the fine and don't contest it then the state doesn't report it to the DMV. No points and nothing on your record. I called the municipal courthouse and confirmed this.

Outside of Billings city limits that does not apply.

FYI
    Back to top Go down
    AZ93
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    AZ93

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 6:30 pm

damn i sent it in with the denying box checked in the back but i havent gotten my court day back in the mail so i might just take it in to the courthouse and pay the fine once i get it back in the mail. thanks for that riptide.
    Back to top Go down
    DoodieHead
    [GOD LIKE]
    [GOD LIKE]
    DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 6:38 pm

Did not know that Owen, thanks for the info.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.maecforum.com
    hatchstatus62
    [NEWBIE]
    [NEWBIE]
    hatchstatus62

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:25 pm

I got a speeding ticket on my 21st birthday just after work going down 32'nd towards broawater (through petar yagen golf course) doing 57 in that 35 and it was a $110 dollar ticket.. the popo said that its starts at 110 and will go up significantly every time there after (some new law i guess) but now you can just mail in your ticket with the money instead of having to take time out of our busy schedules and stand in line forever at the courthouse Smile
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:28 pm

i have a v1 and it's saved me more times then i could count when i lived in wyoming. cops are out of control down there. haven't used / really needed it when it comes to montana just yet
    Back to top Go down
    turbotudor
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:30 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
    Note to everyone: the $20 ticket is only during the daytime. You will get the full ticket if you are going 10 over at night. I got the $20 ticket for going 85 on I.95. It did not go on my record Smile

gee, proly cuz it went in his donut fund... in his back pocket. king

ima stick it to ya son, that'll be 5 dollars...
    hey thanks beauford, heres a 20, ima speed through yer whole damn crappy state. king
    Back to top Go down
    billythekid
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    billythekid

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 2:10 am

turbotudor wrote:
    pumpitupdj.com wrote:

gee, proly cuz it went in his donut fund... in his back pocket. king

ima stick it to ya son, that'll be 5 dollars...
    hey thanks beauford, heres a 20, ima speed through yer whole damn crappy state. king
    my dad got pulled over a while ago, and the cop said he is gonna write a ticket, and that it will be $20, my dad asked if he can pay on the spot. cop said, sure..needless to say, he paid the $20 ticket, but didn't get a ticket. lol.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.advocare.com/110212981/Store/default.aspx
    stimutacks
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    stimutacks

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 1:16 pm

I got banned from the Yellowstone County Jail last week lol.

The old visitor admittance lady doesn't like me.

Twisted Evil
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/504536672
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc   Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speeding tickets, Radar Detectors, etc
    Page 1 of 1