Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)

Go down 
+3
DoodieHead
heeb101
NoHjustanI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Empty
PostSubject: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 4:47 am

I have experience with ECMLink and learning more every day! I will post more info as I learn but I wanted to get the thread started!

The website for it is www.dsmlink.com, check it out if your into tuning on the dsm's!
Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 10:42 am

Sweet!!! Thanks for the info Rafe. I want to learn more about ECM link after riding in your Eclipse. This setup seems pretty solid. Is there a way to save logs like you can with Data Logger with Subaru's?
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 11:18 am

The ECMLink has full data logging capabilities that include Long Term Fuel Trims (LTFT), Short Term Fuel Trims (STFT), Estimated A/F ratios, Coolant Temps, Airflow, Intake Temps, Timing, Knock, etc. It can log a very wide amount of data for better understanding of tuning parameters of your DMS!

It also has the ability to scale injectors, with this nice little feature I could run 1000cc injectors and my car would still be able to run like stock! Not something I am willing to do at this point but still a very nice feature! It also has 'stutterbox' launch control, NLTS (No lift to shift) that can be activated with a simple clutch wire install, CEL light reader along with a great description of what the code indicates and the ability to disable CELs if so desired. Finally it has the ability to turn the stock boost gauge, which really has no purpose in the car (you want more on that I can tell you), into a knock detection sensor with parameters user definable (among other sensor detection and indication). This nice little feature allows the user to monitor knock in their car without adding any extra hardware like a LED to monitor knock! It even makes the CEL flash when knock is occuring! Pretty good stuff if you ask me!

The ECMLink also has inputs that are great for installing a wideband for monitoring/datalogging, and has the added support for GM blow-through setups for those looking to run a monster turbo which can easily outflow the stock maf.

As for the tuning side the ECMLink has all the bells and whistles, the user can adjust timing, fuel tables, MAF compensation, Narrowband Simulation, among many other useful tuning tools.

The ECMLink really is the best investment anyone who is looking to begin tuning on their DSM could purchase! Like I said previously, I am still learning a lot about it, but it still never fails to impress me each time I learn another function!
Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 1:07 pm

Yeah I figured it did. I didn't get too far into riding with you since we were only monitoring timing and boost. I need to come chill with you in Bozeman one of these days.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 6:56 pm

I would love to check that out with you Rafe. I have alot of experience with Autronic, but that is about as far as I go for now. Always looking to learn more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2009, 11:51 pm

Most definitely Mike, I still haven't even got to meet you or see your insane ride, much less pick your brain on all the extra experience you have had doing a sick build like that!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2009, 9:05 pm

Let me know whenever you are free. I can pretty much work around any schedule. Sure would be nice to get the Red Dragon out for one last night on the town before she hibernates.
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 12:29 am

I'll have ECMlink this summer, so I will definitely be working with you guys Razz
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 12:36 am

That tuning set up is very simalar to what i use with gm vehicals. It would bee cool to see how yours works Rafe. Mine is just called vcm suite by hp tuners. Soon i will have my buddys camaro up and going Mike if you would like to see it in action. ill aslo be using it in my gto. im gonna need to run a 3 bar speed density tune for mine (maf-less for me).
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 10:27 am

Well I have done some more tuning with the DSM, very simple stuff, but again the software has kept bringing features to my attention that I had no idea about. I am finishing up some fine tuning on calibrating sensors (air offset and setting the boost at a level Im comfortable with) and then I can finally crack into the good stuff with timing and fuel.

Speed Density would be great, and the support is offered on ECMLink as well, but I feel for me I gotta get my head around the basics before I tackle a deal like that Razz But man is it tempting to eliminate that damn maf...
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 10:32 am

problem is when you get rid of it, you constantly have to adjust your tune all of the time because of a weather change.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 6:11 pm

NoHjustanI wrote:
Well I have done some more tuning with the DSM, very simple stuff, but again the software has kept bringing features to my attention that I had no idea about. I am finishing up some fine tuning on calibrating sensors (air offset and setting the boost at a level Im comfortable with) and then I can finally crack into the good stuff with timing and fuel.

Speed Density would be great, and the support is offered on ECMLink as well, but I feel for me I gotta get my head around the basics before I tackle a deal like that Razz But man is it tempting to eliminate that damn maf...

That is one thing I love the about the Autronic, it has a built in MAP sensor. Really looking forward to checking your ride out. Been waiting for months!
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 7:48 pm

I just had this put in, it's a sweet little deal. I was running with a VPC and it's no fun keeping that tuned everytime I switch something. I need to learn all the functions of the ECMLink though!
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 8:22 pm

Oh man glad to have another person with it on here! We will have to exchange what we learn as we go! Right now havent had any time to work on it but Im hoping to before I head out for the summer. This next fall I am going to be starting the build on a new block so I want to learn and tune as much as I can on this one before I get the new setup rolling...
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 1:13 pm

I'm gonna start reading the manual from cover to cover on my down time at work so hopefully I'll be able to come up with something for you. I just had this put in on friday, but I need a new coil pack so I'm not going to mess around with the link till I get everything right with the motor. What year DSM you running? You in Billings?
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 2:08 pm

This is me:

http://www.maecforum.com/the-garage-f22/1997-gsx-eclipse-t281.htm

Unfortunately I am in Bozeman but I am hoping to get down to billings a couple times here soon... Which guide you going to read the V2.5? There are some new demos out on the website for functions in V3 that are incredibly helpful, you might check those out too. You should post up your info in the garage, I would love to know what your running!
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 2:18 pm

Wow, very nice, I've been thinking about getting a 97-99, but I'm too attached to mine. I'll get everything up tonight. I didn't know there were differen't types of manuals, but I'll let you know when I grab mine! You'll definitely have to let me know when you get inot town. I need some coaching on DSM's, I really just started getting into them, so I don't know too much yet!
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 2:25 pm

Oh man, I do love my 2g, but I must admit... A clean 1g is very hard to take my eyes off of. The 1gs are a better drag car imo, but that can be debated to the ends of the earth Razz.

As for the manuals the reason I ask is because I have had a hell of a time finding anything really pertaining to a good manual for the thing... and I purchased the whole thing straight from DSMLink last summer, so i thought maybe I just missed the boat or something is all!

As for the coaching Ill teach ya anything i know, but I am by no means an expert either! I like finding other guys who are into DSMs though, it makes it a stronger knowledge base to work with.
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 2:49 pm

lol yeah 1g's are lighter as well aren't they? I like the look of the 97-99 better. but it's har to trade in an old dog you've had for a while just to get a pup. You know!? lol

What manual do you have?

Yeah I know what you mean, I like talking with guys that know anything about DSM's, I just wish I had more knowledge to share haha. I have a pretty good setup in my car, The mechanic that put everything in buillt the motor for his car, but wrecked it so he sold it to me with a couple thousand miles on it.
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 2:55 pm

Nice! I have just been reading on the forums and teaching myself mostly. Yeah 1gs are lighter and some of the head work makes them more aggressive but they have smaller pistons so its a trade. You can't beat that, a built motor to start!?! Is it forged or stock rebuild? What turbo? Im in the process of collecting the cash for a fresh build but Im keeping it under wraps for now... dont want to give details until i have the money and can purchase the toys...
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 4:01 pm

Oh ok, forums are a good start, I could probably do that today before I get the manual. I don't know too much about the link except the launch control, which I already had a chip for, and it helps the air.fuel, which I had the vpc for, oh and it's an easier tune. Other than that I'm pretty much lost.
Forged yes. and it is a precision turbo. I'm at 18lbs right now, but I should be able to go higher here when I get the new coil pack in. Right now, It only lets me get to 5k rpms and it starts to back fire. I took it out to the track last summer when it was like that and I still got 14 seconds. So I can't wait to see what I'll get when everything is running right.
I wasn't planning on doing any of this but my buddy blew up the stock motor, tranny, and turbo. So he offered the build. I couldn't complain.
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 4:11 pm

You going to stick with a 4g63 when you build?
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 8:04 pm

Yeah 4g63, the 4g64 would have been a little too complicated for my taste... Man you are one lucky duck, I gotta get forged...
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 6:29 pm

What exactly is the difference between the two engines?

Have you seen the AEMTuner? That looks pretty sweet!
Here are the details on it. I want to find out what it has that the DSMLink doesn't have.

Plugs directly into the factory harness. No rewiring necessary.
Uses all the factory sensors.
Includes start up calibrations.
System is fully enabled and unlocked - Never pay for upgrades!
Context sensitive help eases tuning process.
Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing.
Runs on Windows-compatible software.
12 peak and hold injector drivers (Supra only).
8 direct-fire coil outputs.
16 general-purpose outputs.
8 definable switch inputs.
4 EGT inputs with fuel control.
1MB of internal data logging.
Electronic boost control.
Full idle control.
Programmable traction control.
Software definable knock control.
Two step launch control.
User configurable soft-cut rev limiters.
Wet or dry nitrous control.
Tune using new USB communication port or serial port.
Works with all AEM gauges.
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 6:49 pm

Yeah your talking about the AEM EMS... its incredibly expensive is all... It is by far the best tuner available for any tuner car but it costs way to much for anything I would ever do with my DSM. DSMLink is your best bang for buck tuner unless you really need all the added stuff of the AEM (you built a 700 hp monster).

The 4g64 is the spyder motor. It is 2.4 L stock... It is a NA block but with it built with forged internals, you can put the 4g63 head on it and run it. The only problem with it is, even the guys building crate motors don't know how/what kind of timing components and stuff to run with it. It would seem the guys who know aren't talking...
Back to top Go down
timthorne7
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
timthorne7

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:00 pm

I got ya. That sounds like a lot of work to figure out then lol.
I saw the price, that is way expensive. How long did it take you to install your DSMLink? or if you had it put in professionally, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. I think I got screwed from my mechanic. haha
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:04 pm

I had to purchase a socketable ecu which was 120 I think... the link itself was 495 plus 30 for the socketing.... so right around 650 all said and done... I did install it all myself, I do with most everything myself unless I feel like it is completely over my head. Hopefully you got a good deal on it! It really isn't bad to install though, if you ever need help installing additional sensors or anything let me know... I really enjoy the ecu stuff... wiring is kinda my thing Razz
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 11:56 pm

In case anyone is wondering, I decided against DSMlink and found something else that does pretty much everything, for way cheaper. Check out forums.ds-map.net tons of info on a program called jackal. Awesome program......and it's FREE
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 9:50 am

^+1

That is sick! I really like that find man! Im a little bit chicken to run speed density but it seems that if you don't mind speed density, this would be a perfect match! It allows for all the user friendly stuff that makes ECULink so popular at literally no cost, very cool! I really hope they continue to develop it and support it!
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 7:20 pm

Update: ECMLink now provides electronic boost control... check ecmlink.com for more details...
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 2:46 am

Update: ECMLink now has a 2g ECU conversion board that is 'plug-n-play' aka ECMLink works in 2g ecus with a little extra love from the checkbook... again, check ecmlink.com for details...
Back to top Go down
924g63
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
924g63

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 6:40 pm

Im running speed density with ECMLINK v3 runs good really not that hard to tune
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)   ECMLink (Previously DSMLink) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ECMLink (Previously DSMLink)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club :: 'Tuners Corner' :: Geek SQUAD-
Jump to: