Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Wideband/Datalogging Discussion

Go down 
+5
haproot
jdmsolutions
ts4l
heeb101
ZipDriveX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 4:02 pm

I'm looking into wideband/datalogging options and have come down to these three systems. I've included links to all three. Anyone have experiance with any of these? Discuss amongst yourselves Smile

Innovate LM-1
AEM Eugo
Zeitronix ZT-2
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317696
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 4:13 pm

Innovate LM-1 is a great affordable model. Be sure to get the heat sync or you will foul out the sensor. The LC-1 is good as well but the sensors stop calibrating and foul out also. AEM is what a lot of people run and I always hear great things about them but they more spendy. I know Jason can chime in as well. Ask Mike about his LM-1 he loves it as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 4:19 pm

The LM-1 is very nice but as far as affordable and amazing accuracy you can't beat the AEM Uego. I would use that myself if I was buying one. The zeitronix stuff is also very nice. If money is no object get an FJO wideband, if you don't want to spend a fortune get the AEM in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
jdmsolutions
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
jdmsolutions

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2009, 11:38 pm

i like the aem's but i know of 3 of them owned by my friends that have had problems with them, such as incorrect readings or sensors failing very prematurely.... i have a plx dm5 and i like it better than any other in its price range it reads very fast and is decently accurate ... def dont get a ngk wideband, they read extremely slow and only read between like 10.0 and 16.0 if i remember right.
Back to top Go down
http://honda-tech.com
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 10:22 am

Thats weird about the AEM's they are always rated as the best and I have used/seen a bunch of them that always worked awesome. Another nice thing about them though is they use the Bosch 02 which makes replacing it very easy.
Back to top Go down
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 11:50 am

The innovates can be calibrated as the sensor wears, the AEMs cannot. IMO the innovates are the most accurate. They also use a standard Bosch sensor. The thing about wideband setups is the sensors do wear out over time and have to be replaced more often then their narrowband counterparts.

I think most of the problems people have with any wideband setup is that they are not installed or setup correctly. Or they put the sensor to close to the engine (within the exhaust) and they simply fail from too much heat.

I will be installing an Innovate LC1 as soon as time allows me to. I've done the install before and was happy with the results.
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 12:58 pm

Doug had mentioned last night when we were discussing it, that I could plug in the sensor, tune accordingly, and then replace the sensor w/ the original O2 hence prolonging the life of the wideband sensor........ thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 3:23 pm

For life of the wideband that is a good idea. But you need to make sure that the stock narrow band doesn't interfere when reinstalled. On a stock ECU this should only be at part throttle and low rpm's. If you have two bungs I prefer to tune with the factory o2 in place and let it function as it would normally. Then use a plug to fill the extra port. However I run my wideband all the time and have to change sensors every few years. The biggest issue is that a lot of people remove them all the time and either touch or let something contaminate the sensor.

You are correct that using the AEM gauge you can not tune it but if you have a tunable EMS you can correct the voltage curve to compensate for any sensor changes. Unless touched or over heated you should be fine runnig a wideband for years with no issues. If you need to run it close to a turbo or less than 12" from the engine exhaust ports make sure and use an o2 sensor spacer. Heat and oil from the engine or your finger tips will kill a sensor fast.
Back to top Go down
jdmsolutions
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
jdmsolutions

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 3:56 pm

i just prefer the plx. i like the looks and the price... i did have one problem with my wideband before i installed it, it was stuck i lamba mode and couldnt be reversed.. but plx paid shipping both ways for a new dm5 box and i had it back within a couple days! products sell easy with great customer service!!
Back to top Go down
jdmsolutions
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
jdmsolutions

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 4:00 pm

ZipDriveX wrote:
Doug had mentioned last night when we were discussing it, that I could plug in the sensor, tune accordingly, and then replace the sensor w/ the original O2 hence prolonging the life of the wideband sensor........ thoughts?

im not sure if it hurts anything or dsms or even honda for that matter. but you could splice the imput from the facotry oxygen sensor into a wideband guage and get an a/f reading too if im correct.. or maybe it was you can run just an aftermarket wideband instead of a stock oxygen sensor... i had to one or the other for a while until i could afford another bosch o2 sensor.
Back to top Go down
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 4:56 pm

jdmsolutions wrote:
ZipDriveX wrote:

im not sure if it hurts anything or dsms or even honda for that matter. but you could splice the imput from the facotry oxygen sensor into a wideband guage and get an a/f reading too if im correct.. or maybe it was you can run just an aftermarket wideband instead of a stock oxygen sensor... i had to one or the other for a while until i could afford another bosch o2 sensor.

I do know some widebands can emulate a second "narrowband" output to allow your ecu to function accordingly while allowing you to have a wideband in your car. As for taking the stock o2 sensor out, installing/tuning on a wideband, then putting your stock o2 sensor back in.. I'm not sure how the car would react to this. I know on the 32bit subaru ecu's that they react differently when the o2 sensor is removed. How much could that affect a tune? Not entirely sure as I haven't really done it.
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2010, 2:24 am

Well I just bought the LM-1 off a guy and he's throwing in a brand new Bosh 02 sensor. I can't wait to start tuning this spring! Smile
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 8:00 am

You are going to wait to install? I would as you are not going to be tuning this time of year anyway. May as well salvage the o2 for as long as possible, because they go bad, alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 12:52 pm

Ya, gonna wait. Still gotta get my exhaust fixed and installed (tomorrow baby!!!!) so as not to screw up the readings anyway. Plus I'm really not too worried about my tune in this slick shit. Once spring hits though the LM1 is going in along w/ the 7psi spring and it's time to learn how to do this stuff!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 3:14 pm

I am more than willing to help you out. That program is new to me, but with a wideband should be a cakewalk.
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 5:15 pm

Thanks Mikey! We'll have to set up a Saturday to do some logs Smile I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 6:07 pm

Better start doing the 'WARM WEATHER DANCE'. Smile
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 7:45 pm

in my opinion, the lm-1 is probably the most user friendly and install/removable one ive seen. not to mention calibration is a cake, and the vw bosch 02 isnt really very expensive. although any mix in your fuel with a leaded fuel will eat its ass so fast.
Back to top Go down
Pat
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
Pat

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 6:53 pm

Just ordered my AEM. I'll post up a review after using it for a bit.
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 10:46 pm

Sir Pat! Is it really you? o_O

Laughing
Back to top Go down
QwkLX
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
QwkLX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 3:45 pm

I use a Tech Edge out of Australia. It data logs and has a wide band. Here's the web site http://wbo2.com/cart/allprices.htm . you put together what you need for wait you need. the site is kind of hard to get around, but the price isn't to bad. Any Question just ask. cheers
Back to top Go down
ZipDriveX
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 6:30 pm

Interesting....... never heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
QwkLX
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
QwkLX

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2010, 8:16 pm

My friend has used them for about seven yearsand turned me on to them. We have had them in 03 Cobra, 99 Vette, and a few 5.0 mustangs. You hit a button to start data logging and hit it again to stop and download it to your laptop. We do it at the track all the time. depending on what you need it has up to seven inputs to read and log I think might be more or less have to check the website. I data log RPM,AFR, Thottle Position,MAS Air Meter, Air Temp,Timing and Coolent Temp. It pretty sweet for the money and they have many different ones to pick from depending on what you need.
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2010, 7:51 pm

isnt that what your eye balls and gauges are for? just messin, i know datalogging would be nice but i just cant justify it with my junkyard build on the cheap and still run circles around 90% of you guys budget
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wideband/Datalogging Discussion   Wideband/Datalogging Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wideband/Datalogging Discussion
Page 1 of 1