Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]

Go down 
+3
ts4l
NoHjustanI
DoodieHead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Empty
PostSubject: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 5:41 pm

Looking to make a run to Denver to dyno tune and get the RED DRAGON ready for the upcoming season. Hope we can get enough people to rent the dyno for the whole day [March 19th]. Planning on leaving the 18th about 10:00am which should make our arrival around 6:00pm giving us plenty of time for relaxing and drinking before the big day. Depending on how many people go the third day will not be necessary. I know for sure I will need about 2 hours on the dyno. 28psi baby!!

Last edited by DoodieHead [ADMIN] on February 8th 2010, 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 2:08 pm

FUCK! You are going over spring break and the fiance already booked us for Vegas.... DAMNIT! I was getting really excited about this opportunity! /tear... dang man... keep the info rolling on this... I have two or three cars I am working on (mine, the fiances, and her brothers) that would all love some dyno time by the mid march deadline... if the date happens to change PLEASE let me know!
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 2:20 pm

Mike what spring do you have in your wastegate? When I had the 8psi spring even with the Duty cycle around 80-85% I could not get over 20psi. I switched to a 14psi spring and now at 60% duty cycle I can hit 26-28. I haven't gone higher than that since I was only on 100 octane. Also you need to make sure your screws in the AVCR solenoid are nice and tight. If they are loose at all you won't be able to get that high of boost. Another trick is to partially block off the vent side of the solenoid. Martin that tuned my car had to do that to get a setup like mine up to 36psi for 602hp. After seeing that I may need to upgrade to 1000cc injectors soon and turn up the boost. However I am still scared of the power I have so it may be a while till I can handle any more power.

I'll be very interested to see your results. If I am not busy around then maybe I'll plan a "Business trip" to Denver and come watch and see if I can be of any help.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:26 pm

NoHjustanI wrote:
FUCK! You are going over spring break and the fiance already booked us for Vegas.... DAMNIT! I was getting really excited about this opportunity! /tear... dang man... keep the info rolling on this... I have two or three cars I am working on (mine, the fiances, and her brothers) that would all love some dyno time by the mid march deadline... if the date happens to change PLEASE let me know!

That is unfortunate. I would love to see what your monster could put out.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:29 pm

Jason, that would be excellent if you and the crew could make a trip down for the dyno session. As of right now I am running a 1 bar spring. I have not checked the screws on the solenoid, but I will make sure I get that done. For some reason I cannot adjust the duty cycle over 25% without spiking. ??? I have had good luck with just leaving it there to hit 18psi. I dont dare try and ramp it up as I am afraid of spiking. Maybe after I get her back together here in the next couple weeks we can set aside some time and go for a drive and fine tune the AVC-R. Smile
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:59 pm

Oh man, mine would be nothing compared to you guys and your ridiculous builds but none the less it would be a lot of fun! I really want to get that internship in billings again this next summer so I can actually meet ya and start picking you and some of the guys that I have met here on MAEC brain anyway!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 1:49 pm

As of this morning I have the week of the Denver trip off.
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 2:02 pm

As of today I will be heading to NYC the 16th-19th so I guess I won't be joining you on this. You all better post up some dyno charts so we can see what everyone's setup can do.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 7:46 pm

Hopefully I will have something worth posting.
Back to top Go down
Dorkinator21
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
Dorkinator21

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 12:33 am

Question... How much would the aproximate cost of a Dyno Tune be? I've never looked into this stuff so I have no idea. If I can get an exhaust that I like by then, I would be down to make the trip with you. If I had the dough for it that is...
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 10:37 am

Typically its anywhere from $100-$150 for the first two runs and $25-$50 for each run after that. If they are going to tune it for you they usually do a package deal from $300-$1000+ depending on how crazy of a tune you want and all the options/software. If your just looking for a reflash and a few power runs I would guess around $200-$250.

I always get hooked up at Gary's dyno since come back ever year so I get about 8 runs for $150.
Back to top Go down
Dorkinator21
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
Dorkinator21

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 11:53 am

Sorry, i should've been more specific. I am just planning on putting an STi TMIC and a larger exhaust on it and then want to get a stage 2 dyno tune. So from what you just said, this tune should only be around $300. That about right?
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 12:07 pm

With that setup a dyno tune is overkill man, there is no reason to pay for a dyno tune with that setup when people like cobb offer pre-tuned options that you can purchase from them.

Go look at this, note the stage 2 pdf, go to the lower portion and read the comments on the needed equipment... the bonus of this over a dyno tune, although "more expensive" is you get to keep the tuner, you can log, check CEL lights, and many other things...

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3264
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 3:07 pm

The dyno time is well worth it in my opinion. I have seen more than a few cars with Cobb or other stage 2 tunes that ran like crap or blew up within a few thousand miles. Even if you have a stage 2 tune I would get on the dyno for a few runs to verify its actually working and making decent power. A lot of "so called" stage two tunes just add a degree of timing or modify the fuel map. A lot of the tunes i have seen were over timed and you would have been safer with less timing and made the same power. I think anyone modifying the tune on there car should make at least 2 runs on a dyno to see that everything is working correctly, there are so many variables that one tune can not work perfect on every car. Even if its just for piece of mind I would make the 2 runs, and know you a/f ratio's are correct and there are no signs or detonation or pre-ignition.
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 3:24 pm

Im not trying to cause trouble just trying to see all sides, by no means am I a pro. With Cobb or any other companies "pre-packaged" tunes you are taking a little risk vs a straight up dyno tune, but my point is he is on a conservative budget for one, he isn't building an outlandish setup, and if he doesn't even have a tuner yet, open source or otherwise, how can he get a tune on a dyno? Even if he has them do an open source, he still has no way to monitor any of the things you were talking about. My only point was that at least with the Cobb you get it all in one, including what should be a decent tune, and Cobb does claim some decent numbers for such a simple upgrade, backed with a dyno chart. I was not trying to imply that a dyno tune isn't worth it, just that it might be better for him to start with a "pre-packaged" tune, and even more so considering if he has all those parts on and no change in tune driving all that distance, as small as it may seem, may be more trouble then its worth...
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 4:59 pm

I'm also just trying to help him out. But if you get a dyno run you will know your a/f ratio is correct by the printout on the dyno and you can verify the tq curve to make sure you don't have any signs of detonation. You can also see how well any mods you have done work together and see if they were worth the mods and see how they have effected the spool up of the turbo.

If he has open source or cobb he still should get on the dyno, the dyno is one of the best diagnostic tools around. And most shops with a dyno should be able to flash his stock ECU which in my opinion is the easiest and most reliable route to go. My brother had his EVO 9 dyno'd and flashed for a few hundred bucks. I'm not saying Cobb or any other prepacked tune is a poor choice, I'm just saying regardless of how its tuned it should be checked at least once on the dyno to verify its working right. Too many people around here use the stock knock sensor and a wideband and don't realize that can work however will not typically make the most power safely. That's why so many tunes are over timed because if they don't see knock they add more timing which at a point see's diminishing returns. My whole point is it should be checked on a dyno to verify any and all tunes if you want the longest life, reliability and overall power. I have a flashed ECU and have to make changes to timing and fuel with every mod to get the most out of my engine. I made 400hp for 4 years with no problems because it was checked every year when new mods were added and adjusted accordingly. I'm just trying to share my opinion so don't think I am arguiing or trying to be mean. Just see too many "Tunes" around here that probably are not the best suited tunes.
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2010, 5:06 pm

Amen! Thanks for more info!
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 1:51 pm

I think anyone going needs to list the modifications they have and we can make bets on the power they make. I'll be very curious to see how everyone does. MIke you gonna want to try out the Torco stuff? Or you going straight C16?
Back to top Go down
DougyFresh
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
DougyFresh

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 5:38 pm

I am trying and trying to get it off, work is just being a bitch an a half about it. I never ask for fucking time off. Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2010, 4:25 pm

so hey mike, have you made the move to aluminum intercooler tubing yet? it has been a really long time since i talked to you last. i used to have the turbo small block chevy powered mustang. it was a white coupe.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2010, 1:00 pm

The trip to Denver is kind of on the backburner right now. I really want to try and get my car 100% before I go. Need to get the DCCD working, new radiator, new injectors, and all the intercooler piping done. The trip is just too expensive to not have my car completely done.

You can get the COBB accessport and throw it on your car, and yes, you will have more power, but what they do not tell you is they run it pig rich and all they really do is raise the boost, making your car faster. 4 psi makes a huge difference power wise. This is the reason why opensource is so great. If you know what you are doing you can really get some great power for alot less money, of course doing this on the dyno would be ideal, but the butt dyno works pretty good.

Getting on a dyno is 100% worth the cash. If you think about it people pay $300 for an intake and you get about 15HP, why not pay $300 and get 30HP+.

The last time I was in Denver I paid about $160 for 1.5Hrs of dyno time. It is much cheaper if you tune yourself, which is why mine is much less than others. Most tuners charge around $200Hr.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2010, 1:05 pm

Another reason I am waiting on the trip is money is tight right now as deck season is not for 3 more months. I also dont want to be rushed as I will not have much time for a base tune with my new injectors before I go. Getting down there before Lewistown is going to be my new goal.
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2010, 9:43 pm

lets get the tubing situation handled and you will be totally floored on what kind of difference it will make.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 8:08 am

I will be getting a hold of you next week Josh and we will get some tubing done.
Back to top Go down
NoHjustanI
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 10:17 am

Again guys, I wasnt trying to say it isn't a good idea to get on the dyno, I just think its kind of 'overkill' if he is just putting on those simple few mods. As for the tuning I agree on the opensource tune I just feel that he would need to get hooked up with a good tuner for a decent one, maybe one of you guys? Cool

The suggestion for Cobb was to keep it simple was all, but hey, what do I know anyway, Im not a subaru guy! Razz

Please do not read my comments and think Im just spouting off I was just offering advice based on what I have seen from my end of the spectrum, its only one mans opinion and its ok with this guy to be on the odd end, its the easiest way to learn anyway right?!? hahaha
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 11:51 am

the easiest way to learn is not from your mistakes, its from everybody elses mistakes first, that way you can go" haha, you dumbass, i thought you said you ran nitrous like this for years now you got rods hanging out all over the place." but at the same time you can say to your self" note to self, nitrous works better if you add fuel too"
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 11:56 am

turbotudor wrote:
the easiest way to learn is not from your mistakes, its from everybody elses mistakes first, that way you can go" haha, you dumbass, i thought you said you ran nitrous like this for years now you got rods hanging out all over the place." but at the same time you can say to your self" note to self, nitrous works better if you add fuel too"

oh really i always take fuel out. J/K. I had my PCM tuned so fat that i run a 65 shot with no problem. i ran a bottle through it last year without one problem. but i also mixed my fuel half 91 and half 110. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 11:59 am

sun shines on the darkside of a dogs ass every once in a while i suppose..... j/k Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 3:09 pm

Shawn, you were running like 9:1 with the nitrous werent you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]   Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyno run to Denver [POSTPONED]
Page 1 of 1