Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

December 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stimutacks
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
stimutacks

Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Empty
PostSubject: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 11:25 am

quickie.

Front Right Brake Pads aren't wearing in. Front Lefts are wearing in good.

Rears have no issues.

I just installed Aftermarket Drill/Slot Rotors and Ceramic Pads all around. Getting lots of brake dust for 1st 50 miles. Kinda jerky when I slam on them not so smooth.

I think I have caliper issues as to why the pads aren't contacting the new rotors. Rotors on front right still look brand new.

Do you think a brake flush will fix this ? I don't think fluid is getting to the caliper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/504536672
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 12:47 pm

Make sure the system is Bled, if that doesn't solve it you will need to check the picton on the caliper to see if its seized up.

[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
stimutacks

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 6:39 pm

and what is with all the brake dust? I sprayed some tire shine on my rims....bad idea?

does that stuff get sticky and catch dust?
Back to top Go down
haproot
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 6:44 pm

Welcome to performance brakes. Mine put out tons of dust.

stimutacks
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
stimutacks

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 6:46 pm

Well I learned some things about brakes I didn't know before.

actually i didn't have a clue about brakes on cars about 5 months ago.
Back to top Go down
stimutacks
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
stimutacks

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2010, 10:06 pm

I also learned that drilled rotors are shit. They destroy your brake pads fast and kick lots of dust.
Back to top Go down
monkeybear
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 1:52 pm

Ya if you are to go with a performance rotor, I would suggest using a slotted rotor or just sticking with oem. The drilled rotors have a tendancy to crack if they get to hot or when they are close to the end of there life. Also performance brakes do produce a lot of dust I haven't seen a lot of ceramics do this but it still can happen.

The reason your right side looks new still is that the caliper piston could be seized, the caliper hardware could be dry and needs to be lubed up with brake caliper grease. If it is a fluid problem try and bleed the whole system but mainly the right side and see if fluid comes out if no fluid you might have a blockage in the line further up in the system.
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 5:03 pm

FYI on brakes -
Friction is what stops your car and friction will always wear down something. So you get to choose what wears down, it will either be your brake pads (lots of dusts) or your rotors.

Take this matter seriously, a small bubble in your lines can cause brake failure..... you can probably guess what the result might be!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsprock.com
monkeybear
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2011, 11:33 am

Also take into consideration that if there is no visiable damage i.e (bubbles or cracks) to the brake line, the lining on the inside could be coming apart and acting like a check vlave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)   Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of Dust, Jerky, Front Right Disk Still New (Caliper Issue? No Fluid?)
Page 1 of 1