Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
    Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

March 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Withdrawls

Go down 
    +10
    ts4l
    RedMitsu
    DougyFresh
    DoodieHead
    heeb101
    jdmsolutions
    shawnss
    Dr.Auto
    ZipDriveX
    wile2k
    14 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    RedMitsu
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    RedMitsu

Withdrawls - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 10:40 am

My plans for the DSM are to snag a crank out of a 4g64 to stroke that mother out, then turn up the boost a little bit, get pipes bent for the FMIC, Reroute the wires in the engine bay, relote the battery to the trunk, strip the car and repaint it, and ROCK OUT!
    Back to top Go down
    Riptide
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 12:11 pm

Plans for next year are an aluminum one piece drive shaft and to install my charge motion delete plates. Should be around a 10-12whp gain from the two of them. Not much but who knows might shave a couple tenths off.

The bitch will be paid off though, around May. Can't wait for that. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    heeb101
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    heeb101

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 12:31 pm

ZipDriveX wrote:
    Back on topic:
    I'm hoping to be pushin 7psi next summer with a good tune and a few other goodies. I'm gonna have proof that I'm the fastest Avenger in the state Smile WOOT!!

Yeah Todd!!! Are you going to do any internal work? I bet you see some good times at the track on 7psi. I hope she holds but if not I will help you rebuild it. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    ZipDriveX
    [MASTER TECH]
    [MASTER TECH]
    ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 12:40 pm

No internals yet Brandon. 7-9psi is max on the stock bottom end on the 420a. Once rebuild time comes into play it's Eagle H-Beam longrods w/ JE pistons & rings, bored .02 over (i believe?), sleeved block and I'm ready for 10-15+ PSI baby!!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317696
    RedMitsu
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 1:11 pm

Ah man I love the 4g63. 22psi on stock internals. mmmm......pfshhht. Sexy.
    Back to top Go down
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 1:54 pm

Do you really need a sleeved block for only 10-15 psi? I don't know much about Avenger's but do they have aluminum or iron blocks? Really I would guess either would hod up to that power. I remember back when I turbo'd the Accord. It was like there was a magic formula everyone said you can only run 6-9 psi. Looking back I should have ran 15-18 on the stock block. Another thing is no one can tell you a safe boost as boost really means nothing. It depends on the CFM's the turbo can flow. A small turbo at high boost is less CFM's but more heat, and obviously an more efficient larger turbo will move more air at cooler temps.
    Back to top Go down
    ZipDriveX
    [MASTER TECH]
    [MASTER TECH]
    ZipDriveX

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 3:04 pm

ts4l wrote:
    Do you really need a sleeved block for only 10-15 psi? I don't know much about Avenger's but do they have aluminum or iron blocks? Really I would guess either would hod up to that power. I remember back when I turbo'd the Accord. It was like there was a magic formula everyone said you can only run 6-9 psi. Looking back I should have ran 15-18 on the stock block. Another thing is no one can tell you a safe boost as boost really means nothing. It depends on the CFM's the turbo can flow. A small turbo at high boost is less CFM's but more heat, and obviously an more efficient larger turbo will move more air at cooler temps.

No the sleeved block is not exactly necessary for that or even 20psi but Doug always tells me "get the block sleeved." I realize there is no magic number of psi you can push on any stock motor, it's just an average that they come up with for what the typical platfrom "could" handle depending on other factors. I have a relativly small turbo, and all the seals and gaskets and such have been changed throughout the motor, so I feel safe at the 5psi I am at but would also feel safe to push it up to 7 (but I havn't even had it boosted for 6 months yet.)

I bought my turbo kit used off another Avenger and he was pushing 10psi on his stock internals and claims to have had no problems whatsoever, yet some guys push 5psi and claim to have TONS of issues. It all depends on setup and how willing you are to "push your limits" I guess.

Thank you for your input Jason, I've also copied this into my GARAGE post for continued discussion as it's always nice to discuss cars with someone more educated than myself lol.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/317696
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 3:26 pm

I usually see more problems with sleeved blocks then just changing the internals thats why I asked. UNless you are going to be running 30+psi on large turbos I think its usually not needed. And if you do you really need to be picky on who installs the sleeves and make sure they have a TQ plate for your engine to make sure it all comes out correctly and square.
    Back to top Go down
    f20bmt
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 11:38 am

heeb101 wrote:
    DougyFresh wrote:
    The STi can handle a ton of abuse. period. no ifs, ands, or butts about it. Lets look at a simple fact, Mike pulled a trailer with an STi. There is videos all over you tube about people doing donuts, drifting, everything imaginable to a stock/lightly modded STi. The car is a lot stronger then the WRX. How many videos do you see of broken WRX's? Quit bashing on DSM's, Hondas etc. You own an STi, that is stage 2. Dude its not that impressive. There are tons of other peoples cars out there that work on them way harder then you ever have on your STi. Shut up with what your going to do, and do it.

Brandon, you are a great guy; you just have to learn to STFU sometimes.

I applaud you for what you have in life, dont be an asshole about it. You are not better then anyone in life, people contribute to society some how. The thugs you see running around on the north side, they serve you food at BK or Hardees, carry your groceries to your car. The dumb blonde you make fun of in highschool handles your bank transactions. You have to learn to respect what other people have to say. I am sorry that you feel you have to one up the next guy. Learn to style the car for your self, own the car for your self, take pride in what you have but dont be cocky.

I got your back buddy, we all need a self check every now and again! Wink

That is all.

-Phresh

I don't know where that came from but all I was saying is I had bad luck on BTR and yes it was driver's error but it still can be avoided by taking a smoother road because there were a lot of pot holes and I hit one at 65mph and I was in the middle of the pack. Yeah sometimes I can be dick or whatever but I have worked very hard to be where I am today as have all of you but most of the time money is tight for me so when shit breaks my life comes to a complete stop because I have to fix it. This is why I hardly drive real hard or even run at the track I am scared to break shit.

As for making fun of Hondas I am only being a hipocritcal because I have owned more Hondas then I have Subarus. I love Hondas and Mitsubishis. I only poke fun because friends do that. Making fun of your car is the same as calling me fat. I guess it can be hurtful even when it is a joke. To be honest with you guys I think I want to sell both of my cars and drive a forester or another wagon. I'm just tired of image I hold and all the looks I get. The $1800 a month in car payments is starting to get old and I hate it.

I have to work so much I can't even enjoy having them. Once again sorry for offending anyone and from now on I will keep to myslef and be quiet about pretty much everything. I need to focus on my life and what I am going to do and not piss people off. On another note I said I was going to run at the track well I have decided against it because to be honest I really don't care if I run a 13 sec quarter or a 30 sec quarter. Sorry to disappoint anyone. If you want to know what they will run you can buy either one and run them yourself.

Cheers!!!!

OH MY DRAMA SHUT UP!!!!! Dont appologize Brandon, you do you. F everybody who doesnt like it, they dont pay your bills. PS I dont mind if you make fun of piece of shit hondas cause my piece of shit honda is gonna RAPE your subi wether you go to the track or not!!! and just to stay on topic I miss the track too and am shooting for12.50 as a starting point.
    Back to top Go down
    heeb101
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    heeb101

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 12:58 pm

Thanks Eric I can always count on your words of wisdom buddy!! You probably will beat my STi's because I really don't care about racing anymore. I'm over it. I have too much to lose if I "F" something up. Besides I am starting a 2nd job and I started my E commerce business again so my time is going to be very slim and you guys won't see much of me. I got to do what I got to do so I can make ends meet and pay these cars down so I can consolidate them with my house. I can't sell because I will lose my ass. Being flipped upside down sucks. Sad

I hope your car can pull some 12's. It would be sweet!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Riptide
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Riptide

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 5:32 pm

lol

Is this thread about withdrawals from the drag strip or about Brandon? Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    heeb101
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    [WEEKEND WARRIOR]
    heeb101

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 5:44 pm

It went OT but we are trying to get it back on topic. Are you racing next year Owen?
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2010, 9:19 am

ive done my share of street racing, not worth it. I wouldnt want to be a guy that hits a family and lives and they die.
    Back to top Go down
    http://sfrperformance.com
    RedMitsu
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2010, 11:20 am

There will be no promotion of streetracing on this forum. End of story.
    Back to top Go down
    turbotudor
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2010, 7:43 pm

RedMitsu wrote:
    There will be no promotion of streetracing on this forum. End of story.
    dude shut your suck, no one was talking about it until you brought it up . by the way, the admin and i are good friends and we spoke today about how you speak to others and how you are trying to enforce your will on others, just knock it off man, leave it alone and cool your jets. you dont have the authority or the ability to regulate what others talk about on these forums so please stop acting like you do. if you have an issue with this, contact admin and see what he says. mike and i are on the same page, maybe you could just not post a reply when someone is talking about streetracing. that seems like the most simplistic solution. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Withdrawls   Withdrawls - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Withdrawls
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2