Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone playing Aion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

Anyone playing Aion? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 12:18 pm

Anyone? God I'm addicted again, I should have learned by now to stay away from MMORPGs, lol.
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 9:42 pm

I need a detailed review from you, my decision to purchase this game for my brother and I hinges on it.

Smile
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2009, 10:20 am

Well,

What have you played in the past. I spent 4 years in Dark Age of Camelot and another 4 in WoW with a few very short stints in the other popular MMORPGs thrown in.

I like the overall feel of Aion and the main thrust of the game will be in PvP after about lvl 25. From what I gather, this is a true Asian MMORPG and has the grind associated with it, like Lineage and L2. I expect to hit 50 (max level) sometime next year, probably spring at my casual play rate. I do think that it will be enjoyable at the mid levels as long as there arent too many bored lvl 50s (that is what I'm afraid of). This is a grouping game, after about lvl 20, you really should be grouping.

Class balance looks good, every class whines about their counter class and none of the classes seem useless. There are a few classes that will lose 1v1 more than they win but they are also some of the stronger classes in group pvp (Chanter comes to mind), so... I can't figure out what to play yet, they all have their ups and downs, I think I'll stick to something that is strong 1v1 though, so likely a durable class (Cleric oddly) or a strong kiting class (Sorcerer).

From levels 1-10 you are one of 4 generic classes (Scout, Mage, Priest, Warrior), at lvl 9 you get an ascention quest that once complete it gives you the XP to get to lvl 10 and chose your specialized class. So far I've taken all classes except 1 (templar, main tank) to >10... I like things about all of them and keep going back and forth depending on my mood. New skills come in 3 level increments and some classes are late bloomers (Ranger specifically) and suck really bad until ~22. Other classes are very strong right out of the gate and get a lot of nice abilities early.

My favorite so far is probably the Cleric (main healer of the game, ranged damage mostly). It is interesting how they did healing classes in this game, they are very surviable (2nd best armor and great healing ability) and have near zero downtime. Cleric is one of the best 1v1 classes as well. Of course in pvp they will be targetted first though. Their main downside is that they kill slowish.

My second fav is the Sorcerer (main ranged magic damage dealer). This is the glass cannon of the game. Great crowd control, kites easily and can about destroy any other class in 1v1 if played right. If something gets close though, watch out, they wear cloth armor and can die fast. This class gets going right away and plays pretty easily.

Next is my Chanter (secondary healer, main buffer and debuffer in the game, melee damage mostly). This guy is pretty fun, melee damage dealer, tons of buffs and debuffs, should be a great group character.

Then I have a Gladiator (melee damage dealer, does great melee AOE damage). Fun, wears the best armor, can weild all weapons, but hard to deal with 2+ because it can't heal much in battle (potions is about all). I think this would get better later in the game and is supposidly again a great group character.

I also have a Spiritmaster (dot and fear character with an elemental pet), they are pretty much the fast levelers and good all around (maybe great all around but they aren't played that much). Ranger, the archer class (great great great at kiting), start very slow and I guess are incredible really late in the game, not sure I'll have patience to get it there. Assassin, tons of stuns, stealth, 1v1 class but I think there are too many counters, hard to burst down a plate wearing class due to armor, and unless you finish fast, would be easy to lose to any class that can kite well. Also, the healers can heal really well and you'd have to kill them while stunned or you'd probably lose to them too. I'm not sure how strong 'sins are but so far I like the one I have and they are well regarded in Korea where the game has been our for nearly a year.

Hope that helps a bit. If you like online RPG, I'd at least give it a try.

That is the 7 of 8 classes that I've played, I'm still not sure which one I'll stick with (if I even can stick to just one). I should decide soon though, I'm falling behind, lol.
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2009, 4:59 pm

My brother is all into wow, and I fell in love with FFXIO when I played it, but I was working a ton and didn't get a bunch of time to play anymore so I had to stop. Long story short, I LOVE RPGs. I take it you don't have to make a new character when you want to try a new class? And how much would you say this game requires as far as computing power?
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2009, 11:47 pm

RedMitsu wrote:
My brother is all into wow, and I fell in love with FFXIO when I played it, but I was working a ton and didn't get a bunch of time to play anymore so I had to stop. Long story short, I LOVE RPGs. I take it you don't have to make a new character when you want to try a new class? And how much would you say this game requires as far as computing power?

No, you have to make a new character each time, I just now have 7 of them, lol.

I think sys requirements are a p4 2.8, 1gb of ram and decent video card. I'm running it on a very old computer, 2.4 OC'd to 2.6, 2gb of ram, with a good video card (well good for an AGP card Radeon HD 3650 1gb. It runs ok but processor is pegged and I can't multitask well. I'd say any "modern" computer within the past couple years would be fine.
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2009, 7:25 am

so, my brother said it is $15 a month. Do you get like, 10 chars per account then or is it like, another dollar/character I want after like, 3
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 11:08 am

Sorry it took so long to reply, I'z been busy!!

Yep, $15 a month sounds right, first month included. You can only make 8 characters per server, which is enough for one of everything. You can only make one faction per server, so no cross realming. But as far as I know, you can make characters on as many servers as you like, so 8 here and 8 there for example.

Fun so far, just got my first 20 (along with my 18, 17, 16, 14, 12 and 11, lol).
Back to top Go down
william.luker
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
william.luker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2010, 3:17 pm

http://na.aiononline.com/

http://na.aiononline.com/livestatus/character-legion/search?charID=679506&serverID=5

is my MAIN

LIke Wile2K i've tried all classes, my next highest char is a lvl 32 GLAD, and a 21 Cleric.

I like the SM (spiritmaster) the best because it does remind me of when I played WoW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone playing Aion?   Anyone playing Aion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone playing Aion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club :: 'Gamers Corner' :: Game Talk-
Jump to: