Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......

Go down 
+6
Riptide
BlackedOut04
heeb101
ProOnThaSnow
Liv4accelor8ion
BUZBYU
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Empty
PostSubject: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 7:31 pm

People misuse a lot of words !! I thought we could post up the common mistakes here so we can all sound a little smarter in our emails/posts/texts.

I've got over 100 employees and some are very well educated and they STILL make common grammatical errors.

A lot - is two words. It's not alot or allot.

Canceled - Only one "L" if you're American. Two if you're British.

Their, There, They're - Learn the difference!

Affect vs Effect: Verb vs Noun.

It's and Its. No, they're not the same.

Others??

In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Popcorn1
Back to top Go down
Liv4accelor8ion
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
Liv4accelor8ion

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:02 pm

One of the most commonly misspelled words other then misspell, not found on the following link- Tomorrow

http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html

And one that gets me, not really relevant to this forum but in others I have seen and coming from my background.
Diesel

I am quilty of using alot verse a lot, alot of the time its just due to typing faster....DOH look at that I did it again. Haha
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:23 pm

Than and Then drives me insane when used improperly. Also there, their and they're. Our and are. I am a nazi (as brought to light by my other thread). I am constantly correcting people's misuse of words on Facespace and I am sure it drives them nuts. To me, if you don't know the difference, it shows me your lack of brain power. My boss and I constantly are forwarding each other emails with spelling errors - sad thing is they are from within the company and from people higher up than us. Oh well, life goes on...
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:24 pm

Also,

to and too

loose and lose

Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:41 pm

Lookit instead of look at is annoying. Also inproper use of pronouns drives me nuts. For example: Me and Susan went to store. Susan and I went to the store is the correct way to say that sentence. Your and you're also drives me nuts when people say it incorreectly.
Back to top Go down
BlackedOut04
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
BlackedOut04

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:44 pm

Already and All ready.
Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:46 pm

A lot of people spell tomorrow incorrectly all the time. It isn't hard to spell so sound it out tom or row.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:51 pm

My other one and I see it ALL THE TIME on Craigslist. When people write "For Sell" in place of "For Sale". Drives me absolutely apeshit!
Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:53 pm

Ape shit is two words Kory. lol!
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
heeb101
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
heeb101

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 9:02 pm

I did not know that. I have always said ape shit. I will say apeshit fom now on. cheers
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 10:19 pm

Couldn't care less. Not could care less. This is one of the most commonly misused statements.

Also. In America it is spelled grAy. In England it is spelled grEy.
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 1:04 am

Litre vs. Liter?

Honestly, those dont bother me, as both are technically correct and I've always viewed England's English as "proper" so to speak. There are others that fall under the same category too, but when its a blatant error or misuse it bothers me. Gray, grey - grille, grill (which there is a difference, but really its fairly minimal) Don't bother me.

If you're bored, here's a list of the 100 most commonly misspelled words...

http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html

For as much as I hated english class, I sure wish others would have paid attention too!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 7:49 am

I am not passing judgement on the whole spelling thing and misuse of words whatsoever. It is just one of those things that bugs me, like cleanliness, I am a clean freak!

Everyone has their weaknesses.

My main weakness...., Im a D-BAG!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 11:00 am

aint is a werd. just kidding. Their- you or they own it, There- look over there, and They're -"they are" over there. To - look to your left, Two- #2, and Too- i like that too. I am horrible as far as spelling goes. It never hurts to make yourself look a bit more intelligent.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
BruisedTurd
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
BruisedTurd

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 1:42 pm

heeb101 wrote:
Lookit instead of look at is annoying. Also inproper use of pronouns drives me nuts. For example: Me and Susan went to store. Susan and I went to the store is the correct way to say that sentence. Your and you're also drives me nuts when people say it incorreectly.

Really? In this thread?
Back to top Go down
zinda1
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
zinda1

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:53 pm

In order to comment in this thread you had better make sure you proof read you shit or you going to look like a complete moron.
Back to top Go down
BruisedTurd
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
BruisedTurd

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 5:22 pm

Haha! I'm guilty of it too, but saw some irony when Brandon was talking about improper grammar...
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:47 pm

Nice catch!

Saw another earlier in an email "Accept and Except"!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......   In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In light of the new "spelling" thread, I thought I'd start this......
Page 1 of 1