Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol

Go down 
+7
92civic
ProOnThaSnow
dyno76
shawnss
Boostnek6206
fastback959
SoOn_To_TuNe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Empty
PostSubject: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 1:57 pm

So pass it by me turbo honda guys fill me with all ur infinite wisdom there is to know about turboing my honda that i could possibly need or want to know i am listening!!!!! bounce I am even jumpin for joy!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 2:31 pm

yea!!!! we need more honda tech !! cheers
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 2:35 pm

See I have a follower!!!! So Come on Honda gurus We want your knowledge!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Boostnek6206
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 3:40 pm

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1024174
this can tell you more than enough. and like everything. depends on your budget and what you want to do with it
http://www.honda-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 3:43 pm

Haha ok thanks man i love getting a link to check out!!!! This made my day for sure!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Boostnek6206
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 4:00 pm

well seeing how you nvr stated anything to what you wanted to know thats what you got. im not tryn to be a dick or say i know my shit. cause i for sure dont know everything and truth be told most the stuff i know is from asking my friends and READING if thats a problem for you guess you're gonna have a long road ahead of you. When you state an actual question and legitimately want to know something then people would prolly help you out.
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 4:08 pm

Ok like i wana really know about is if my zc will hold ten pounds of boost or not and what is a good cc injector to run and whats a good turbo to run i am shooting for i say around 250 to 285 hp is that even possible on a stock rebuilt zc????? and all it will have done is arp head studs head gasket and port and polished head..... Its really just a mild build i am doing for now till i really get my money for my sick build but is my ideas and dreams to far fetched???
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 4:24 pm

There is tons of info around like this. Not saying there isn't anybody that couldn't help you around here. but im sure you will find tons of info on tech. just use the search box. im sure you will find more than enough info there. im sure question's like yours has been answered ton's of time's over there. just tryin to help you out.
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 5:31 pm

Ok thanks Shawn I appreciate all the input and advice. I am getting close to getting this ready to roll its just the money thing now that I am working on!!! EVERYONE I have talked to on the forum is excellent and full of advice and very friendly this makes the car world off the charts i love this fourum!!!! NOW WHERE CAN I GET MY MAEC STICKERS??? lol!
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 5:57 pm

SoOn_To_TuNe wrote:
Ok thanks Shawn I appreciate all the input and advice. I am getting close to getting this ready to roll its just the money thing now that I am working on!!! EVERYONE I have talked to on the forum is excellent and full of advice and very friendly this makes the car world off the charts i love this fourum!!!! NOW WHERE CAN I GET MY MAEC STICKERS??? lol!
I would say that 85% of peoples builds depend on the $$$. thats why i work so much to enjoy life and my hobbies.
Back to top Go down
Boostnek6206
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 6:04 pm

I don't know crap about zc's but here is a start http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=42212258. I just typed "zc honda-tech" in google. there is a way you can type it diff so it exactly pulls up shit from that site but i forgot
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 6:34 pm

Stock zc on 10 psi how long do you want it to last? What kinda of torture are you gonna subject it to? What engine manegment?

There are so many variebles at hand here. I mean if you try to piece it together with cheap parts, cut corners and then run a chipped ecu from say ebay! Count every day it doesnt blow a blessing!

But on stock rods/pistons with even a good engine mangement and good quality parts. I dont think it would last but maybe 2 summers and thats as long as your not abusing it..But if you planned to drag race it and say scca it I would give it 1 season..Now I am not saying what I am saying is facts, they are just my opinions and previous experiences
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 7:35 pm

My best advice is do it right the first time or don't do it at all. Dont cut corners, buy junk parts, half ass engine management... You'll end up buying the good stuff in the end after you've grenaded an engine doing it improperly the first time around, and it wll cost you a hell of a lot more.

I've stated this many times, and personally I wouldn't bother with a ZC, the support just isn't there so to speak - but to each his own and I understand people on a tighter budget than mine and others' have to do what they can with what they've got.
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 8:05 pm

mmmm weird everyone keeps saying no support this engine can be converted to obd1 ? so i dont understand what other support is needed, can get hasport mounts for d series
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 8:14 pm

I didn't say its non-existent, however a B series and a DOHC D series are WORLDS apart in aftermarket support. And also, as I stated to each their own - do what you can with what you have. I'd like to see a ZC put down some impressive numbers, I really would!

As for the OP, just research on HT, D-series.org, and google ZC info too. You'll find what you're looking for if you dig hard enough.
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 8:20 pm

nice kory well worded
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 9:38 pm

One of the best ZC forums you can find

http://www.thezcr.com/forums/index.php
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:11 pm

Wow that is a good site I might post my engine up for sale in there
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:17 pm

Between ht and pgmfi.org you should be able to find everythingyou need. Just search. If you made this post on HT people would tell you to search, read and learn on your own. And its hard to try and guess what you want and tell you what you need. Even if someone wanted to do that you would be building the car the way they wanted you to build it. You should learn as much as you can on your own so you can develop your own opinion and build the car the way you want. READREADREAD.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:21 pm

Eric,
How can you give this advice when you can't even read yourself? lol
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:58 pm

oo burn lol
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 12:27 pm

Well thanks guys for all the info and the sites!!!!! cheers

Stock zc on 10 psi how long do you want it to last? What kinda of torture are you gonna subject it to? What engine manegment?

There are so many variebles at hand here. I mean if you try to piece it together with cheap parts, cut corners and then run a chipped ecu from say ebay! Count every day it doesnt blow a blessing!

But on stock rods/pistons with even a good engine mangement and good quality parts. I dont think it would last but maybe 2 summers and thats as long as your not abusing it..But if you planned to drag race it and say scca it I would give it 1 season..Now I am not saying what I am saying is facts, they are just my opinions and previous experiences

And as for this my zc will be converted to run obd1 so tunning is not an issue i will be purchasing it from a tunner shop in denver.... and for the stock zc holding ten pounds according to all the so called "ZC NUTS" it should be fine as long as i rebuild it which i am and as long as i port and polish the head do a thicker head gasket to lower compression and arp head studs they say i can easily run 12 to 15psi safely for two seasons or better iif cared for properly!!! In all my infinite wisdom i have read so much about my topic in the past four days and talked to so many big league shops i am in the know now..... I believe this will be a good running quick project with roughly mid 200s to high 200s for power but i guess we will wait and see!!!

Again thanks to all!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:36 am

So ya where is the tea at Zane u got the ghetto rice kings attention......
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 1:59 pm

Hahahaha its a virtual convo where we are all around the table aty the coffee shop with a spot of tea good sir....
Blahahahhahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:36 pm

dude jesse a shiny rock can get my attention lol.
Back to top Go down
96cgpteg
[FETUS]
[FETUS]

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 10:58 am

There is no reason to run a thicker head gasket if you've got a decent obd1 engine management program, just don't plan on running a cheap freeware program without some extra datalogging support and you'll be fine. Dual cam ZC's are like a 9.5:1 ratio after adding a thicker gasket it'll be no lower than 9.0:1 which in all honesty isn't much of a difference and you'll have to deal with the troubles that sometimes come with thicker gaskets and boost.

There are people who put boost to bone stock itr motors at around 10.5:1 and the cast pistons hold up just fine, just need to keep timing and fuel safe.

To be completely honest i know very little about ZC technology but i believe you would be much better off in terms of power potential if you were to swap like a z6 head onto the dual cam block. I think you'll be lucky to break 250 whp on a decent framed turbo even at 15 psi with the stock zc head. They just don't flow well and to my knowledge only one company offers aftermarket cams for them.

Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 11:07 am

Good stuff Hayden.

By the way, I've got that OBDII-a harness off the coupe if you still wanted it/the injector clips...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol   So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So is this where tea time is???!!!! I would like to discus more on TURBO HONDA STUFF!!! Over some tea of course lol
Page 1 of 1