Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
    Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Figured out what I will do for the goat

Go down 
    +3
    ghost
    DoodieHead
    Novaflash2002
    7 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

Figured out what I will do for the goat Empty
    PostSubject: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 1:02 am

Well to make a long story short im not getting married anymore, so i have a ton of money that i am tossing into my car. I have always wanted to go turbo, and now i can finally afford it.

the hot parts of the turbo will be easy, there are tons of guys that have built 1000 + hp kits form turck manifolds and that is what i am going to use.

i have to talk to jose at forcedinductions.com again, but i am either looking at a borg warner s91 or a fi-91x snail.

the ci should land around 429ci

more than likely i wil use a gm lsx block (i dont care much for them but they are a 1/3 of the price cheaper than a world or erl block).
    Callies magnum xl crank
    callies rods
    wiesco pistons.
    prolly a nice custom cam
    morrel tie bar lifters
    3/8 " push rods

i think thati can run a set of twin a1000 pumps, one i will have wired to a boost refernce hobbs switch.

fatty 96# injectors (those should be good to 1500 crank horse).

cant decide if i want a set of the new trickflow heads coming out in the next year or if i am going with ET preformance heads

looking at sheet metal intakes or possibly a super vic with a elbow.

already have a 4l80 lind up for my car, and i have been working with circle d on a nice converter that i am going to pare with it.

the rear is a different situation. i have irs right now, it is cool but not working out for what i like. i am debating on putting a saild unit in. (either way if i build up eaither one i am looking at atleast 3500-4500 g No )

the really sad thing about the deal i literally have every thing for my 408, and am selling it to my buddy Very Happy . guess the goat will be down for another year or so, o well it will be bad when i am done. i change my mind a ton, but this is one time that i have settled in to soething thati konw i will like.

lmk what you guys think
    Back to top Go down
    http://sfrperformance.com
    DoodieHead
    [GOD LIKE]
    [GOD LIKE]
    DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 3:48 am

Are you sure that is going to be enough power? HA HA HA. Sounds pretty sweet!
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.maecforum.com
    ghost
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ghost

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 5:34 am

sounds like a good plan . why not just find a stock motor to throw in her till u finish the built one

at least ud be able to drive then
    Back to top Go down
    shawnss
    [MASTER TECH]
    [MASTER TECH]
    shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 6:39 am

ghost wrote:
    sounds like a good plan . why not just find a stock motor to throw in her till u finish the built one

thats what i told him also. my truck has been down one full week and i cant stand it Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    ghost
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ghost

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 6:41 am

yeha i know shawn my car runs yet isnt drivable due to my paint work . drivin my stock one aitn enough
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:20 am

ghost wrote:

it doesnt bother me that it is down. i have to put my moch up engine in so i can tach my hot parts all together, then im gonna have them tigged up.
    Back to top Go down
    05judge
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    05judge

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:54 am

Before I moved up here, my car sat for 9 months before it moved. It sucked walking out ever day and seeing it just sitting there, But let me say, the end results were absolutley amazing. Firing that stroker up for the first time was like losing your virginity to Megan Fox. Just mind blowing. It's definately worth the wait.
    Back to top Go down
    shawnss
    [MASTER TECH]
    [MASTER TECH]
    shawnss

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 4:47 pm

yeah my truck was down for like 6 months last time. not again i will be putting a stocker in just to be able to drive it. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    ghost
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ghost

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 4:54 pm

same . im been workin on the ghost since last october . it is no fun to not play with ur toy ,

put a stocker in it .
    Back to top Go down
    turbotudor
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 9:21 pm

just curious, why the idea to switch to a turbo set up ? i guess you realized that if you want real power, that's totally 100% driveable, you go with a turbo. did you happen to see the vid of the fall of the twinned vette? i will never, and i mean never, own a fast car without a snail stuck to it somewhere. not often a shitbox 2k or cheaper car gets to chopp the shit outta a newer car with better shit. turboesFTW
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 1:05 pm

i have always been in for the turbo crowd. but it cost's a bit more $ than a na car. i had almost bout a custom tubo kit for 05judge, but had my ex-future father inlaw died. so i paid for a funeral and there went all of my coin. no im not getting hitched and want to build up my gto. sure i can build my nova it would be cheaper and faster, but i think it is way cooler having a boosted GTO first. my goal is 9.99 at our evelvation. like i said it will be down a year atlest, prolly more like 2 but it will be worth it.
    Back to top Go down
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 1:27 pm

Just curious why twin a1000's? I guess if you really end up around the power you plan on making you may be close to maxing a single out so I can understand but I guess my next question in my mind is will you have enough fuel with 96# injectors? I have 72# injectors running at 44psi base fuel pressure and they are at 87% duty cycle at 460 whp. I know our engine setups are very very different but the amount of fuel for a given amount of power will be nearly the same. And I know typically 96# injectors are good to 500-600 whp. In the import world to make over 1000 whp your looking at least 1600cc injectors or a duel setup with 1000cc primaries and 720-880cc secondaries.

Either way seems like in the end its going to be a blast. I look forward to seeing more as you continue working on it.
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 1:43 pm

96 # injectors with 58psi fuel pump. 96x16 is 1536hp at 100% dutie cycle. so they are good to about 1225hp at 80%. a1000's good to around 800hp with forced induction each. i could honestly get away with twin 255s, but twin 1000s look cooler.
    Back to top Go down
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 1:46 pm

I agree the A1000's are sweet. I just have never seen anyone make that much power with 96# injectors. I just don't want that to hold you back. I know how bad it sucks having injectors hold you back, but sucks even worse buying injectors every few years when you get power hungry!
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 1:54 pm

well if needs be i can always step up with injectors down the road. the problem i am worring about is getting all the power planted to the ground.

irs has too many moving parts and is expensive to build up to 1000+ hp range.
    Back to top Go down
    05judge
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    05judge

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 2:19 pm

ts4l wrote:
    I agree the A1000's are sweet. I just have never seen anyone make that much power with 96# injectors. I just don't want that to hold you back. I know how bad it sucks having injectors hold you back, but sucks even worse buying injectors every few years when you get power hungry!

I'm gonna be running 60# injectors with the Magnacharger I am about to put on. The guy I bought the Magnacharger from was making 790rwhp and 875rwtq with this unit on 60# injectors and a return style fuel system.
    Back to top Go down
    turbotudor
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 2:46 pm

im pretty sure setting up a nine or even a dana style rear in your gto wouldnt really be all that bad.
    definately put the power down better than irs
    Back to top Go down
    05judge
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    05judge

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 2:53 pm

There are a couple guys that have done 9in and 12bolt rears and make some serious power and are hooking up real well. I'd say to a solid axle for sure.
    Back to top Go down
    turbotudor
    [GEAR HEAD]
    [GEAR HEAD]
    turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 2:59 pm

but there is always the irs soop up stuff. ive seen irs corvettes and slowbras runnin in the mid 9's, so its not impossible, but more expensive for sure... i would take a solid live axle over irs anyday.
    Back to top Go down
    05judge
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    [ENTHUSIAST]
    05judge

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 3:05 pm

I would definately take the Solid over irs also. If I had the money, i'd do a solid myself and a th400 while I was at it.
    Back to top Go down
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 3:37 pm

Guess I forget you guys have a few more injectors too ha ha.
    Back to top Go down
    Novaflash2002
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 5:55 pm

well ls series run 58psi is the main difference your car runs 44psi thats a hughe difference
    Back to top Go down
    ts4l
    [GARAGE NUT]
    [GARAGE NUT]
    ts4l

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 6:57 am

Is that 58 psi base pressure? Mine runs 60 under full boost. Well depends on the boost but you get the idea.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figured out what I will do for the goat   Figured out what I will do for the goat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figured out what I will do for the goat
    Page 1 of 1