Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My biggest gripe with SCCA....

Go down 
+11
Sprock_silvia
repsofchrist
Dr.Auto
sprockmember
shawnss
f20bmt
Novaflash2002
sxpkpower
dyno76
ProOnThaSnow
b1r - TS
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Empty
PostSubject: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 3:51 pm

SCCA seems like such a great thing for us Montana Folks who enjoy motorsports, however year after year it seems to get little support. I am just curious as to why most of you folks don't participate. I hope to get positive feedback that hopefully can get relayed onto the guys in charge... Maybe over time we can make a difference.

My biggest gripe is all the event being on Sunday... for some reason Sunday always seems to be the worst for me. I always have family stuff going on and it just seems to conflict. If they did events on Saturday I would probably find a reason why I couldn't make it on Saturdays, so maybe my complaints aren't valid. But for some reason, Sundays seem difficult to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamsprock.com
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 4:24 pm

The reason I haven't been attending is my work "schedule". I always seem to be out of town on event days. Maybe you and the other organizers could talk to my District Manager about hiring some relief?! LOL. The one day I was in town and wanted to attend, I had to work on my Yukon. Not having a set schedule means when i am home I need to get as much done as possible... and lately I've been running thin. Hopefully I'll make it to an event soon!

Being on call 24/7 Sucks to a certain extent, but it pays the bills Smile
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:55 pm

Jake I think you need to get the 240 done and come to a few!!!!..I know as soon as I find a car to put my motor in I will be making as many as I can!!!! I hope more people "finish there builds pull there cars out of the garage or wherever its park" and start coming out..Would be so much more exciting if more cars would come out attend things like this..And I dont just mean cuz there would be more cars to compete with but also that there would be alot more people to talk to see what there doing with there cars..Thats alot of the fun is checking out what other people drive build...

Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:59 pm

It's is always fun to see what changes people make that really work. The problem with some of the regulars is that they haven't done anyting to their cars in years and have gotten complacent about improving their cars. Fresh blood would make the competition much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 8:28 pm

i guess i have never gone because i dont understand it. there is no point (in my mind) of building a car geared for just short track when it should be more for a road race sized track. its like a house, why not go for more for the money?
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 8:54 pm

I never leave second gear. Most people dont. So I would say a car built for a "road race" sized track like lewistown, would do quite well on a little track. I agree that its not the most fun Ive ever had in a car but its still fun and without a drag strip and only being able to go to lewistown a few times a year ill take what I can get. Even if a guy did join the PCA you have to drive all over the state to make it to these events. So I say again, Ill take what I can get.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 10:16 pm

i never got into it cause of the price. $35 dollars to run like 6 times for less than 60 sec. then while waiting to run again you have to work the track. thats why i like lewistown so much $45 dollars and you get to run all day and only pick up the cones you put down. thats my reasoning.
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 10:51 pm

Most cars built for road racing do quite well on an autocross track, you just use a lower gear.
Back to top Go down
sprockmember
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
sprockmember

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:22 am

Nova, you should try it out. Last course I was in the top of second. Go down the road pinging of the rev limiter of second, and then try to make a sharp turn.

I SCCA for several reasons. I like many of the people invovled, I like to push myself and my car (and learn how to drive)... and I like to have faster times than cars worth three times as much money as mine (there... I said it). It is really a blast.

I liked Lewistown... but honestly, for me, the back portion was really boring to me... it was one long straight away, no challenge... it was like a big "wait time". (maybe that has something to do with me having an underpowered car)

As far as cost is concerned, $45 is totally awesome for Lewistown, SO worth it. However, I like to drive my car more than twice a year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/noisenoisenoise
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 7:47 am

well my car an auto. 1st gear ratio is 3.06 2nd is 1.75 thats all with a 3.46 rear gear. so top of 1st at 6300 rpm is 33mph. top of 2nd is 90. i would be in between 1st and 2nd and my car is a bit laggy in the bottom of 2nd. ill pass. if it was on the hwy its not bad at all, i just have to drive to compensate for not haveing an 6 speed manuel. Ill never switch from my auto, i like straight lines way better than coners.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 9:31 am

I'm glad this topic came up.

My first problem is my car has been in constant state of repair... go figure its a fiat. lol so I have a few more fiat parts to remove and a paint job to finish then maybe it will be running for good.

The second for me is ..... sundays.

The third for me seams to be the complacid and stuck up attitude that the people in charge seam to have. Now these people are not bad.... I like them. But I don't like the way they run the club.... But like many have said... if I don't like it why don't I join the club to start with then change things politically. Good point.... I should. But then the meetings take place all on wednesday nights and I have prior commitments that night too..... lol. So maybe when my car is at a point where theres just fiddling left to do on it.... I will join and add my opinions in a political capacity.... untill then I'm too busy with life, family, and trying to build my car.
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 10:35 am

dyno76 wrote:
Jake I think you need to get the 240 done and come to a few!!!!..I know as soon as I find a car to put my motor in I will be making as many as I can!!!! I hope more people "finish there builds pull there cars out of the garage or wherever its park" and start coming out..Would be so much more exciting if more cars would come out attend things like this..And I dont just mean cuz there would be more cars to compete with but also that there would be alot more people to talk to see what there doing with there cars..Thats alot of the fun is checking out what other people drive build...

I am trying to get the 240 running... unfortunatly the car hates me and little things keep coming up. I am glad to see this thread getting some response. In a town where we typically only had two options for cars... drag racing and SCCA I am blown away to see how little of support the SCCA gets. So I am glad to see some input as to why people don't attend.

Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 11:04 am

I think it boils down to.... they need freash blood and a willingness to put on some saturday events... and I miss the holiday events too. like memorial day and the other ones they did. But thats just me maybe.

I plan on joining and doing my best to try to influance the club politically as best as I can.... but only after my paintjob is done on my car. My car will never be done.... and that's what makes it fun. but this body work stuff sucks and i hate it. once it's painted and that part is out of the way I feel that I will do what I can to make SCCA what I remember it to be..... FUN! Unfortunately ...... SCCA is only as fun as you make it.... and I think maybe the guys running it right now just forgot how to make it fun. As I already said... they're great folks..... But in a leadership roll I think the take it too serious or something and as a result it's not nearly as fun as it used to be. I've had zero interest to participate the last two years... and that's just not like me. But seeing Nels, and Ryan, and Eric, Randy and a few others getting involve has kindof resparked my interest..... although my stupid body work and paint job is still looming over my head.....
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 11:58 am

I am with you all the way Matt. The first few times I did SCCA I went alone in my RSX and the only reason I condtinued is I wanted to improve my driving skills. Once Nels started coming with me and we had some good battles with Jarod in the Mustang things got really fun. Unfortunatley I sold the Evo and start bulding my 240 so I haven't participated latley.... but the end result is still the same.

If we could just get Me, Nels, Randy, You, Eric, and Ben.... that would make for some awesome competetion and a good time.

Also Holiday events are awesome, and if they did Saturday ones I would be even more excited.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:06 pm

exactly....

so my plan is to try to get my dumb body work done this summer and try to make it to at least one event this year probably fall time. Then I have the mechanical stuff to mess with on my car at least and thats the fun stuff to do.
Then I plan on joining SCCA for next year and from that point start doing what I can to better the club as best as possible.

This body work just really gets to me in a bad way... and then to top it off i got screwed by someone I paid to get it done for me and well it's still not done. So I learned that if you want something done right do it yourself. so here I am
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 12:07 pm

f20bmt wrote:
I never leave second gear. Most people dont. So I would say a car built for a "road race" sized track like lewistown, would do quite well on a little track. I agree that its not the most fun Ive ever had in a car but its still fun and without a drag strip and only being able to go to lewistown a few times a year ill take what I can get. Even if a guy did join the PCA you have to drive all over the state to make it to these events. So I say again, Ill take what I can get.

Hey Eric.... actually building you're car for road race is the best route..... cause then it does work well for SCCA. You just have to use a really aggressive alighnment setup to make it work well in SCCA... then change it back for road racing.
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:05 pm

Well I think we should all join scca and start seeing if we can make some changes or atleast get the word out there more..And what the hell happen to the bbq.. I can remember you could get a burger or something there for lunch....
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:19 pm

problem is the people in charge right now like the small group.... more runs for them in the day.... plusif the race site is paid for then who cares about getting more people right?
Back to top Go down
repsofchrist
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
repsofchrist

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 1:55 pm

For me it's a Sunday thing. I'm not out of worship service till' after noon. Saturday's are better, but there is often some kind of event on a Saturday, or I'm just catching up from the week. The cost is a little hard to swallow, but I can manage.

But I'd definitely like to try it a few times to see if I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:31 pm

b1r - TS wrote:

If we could just get Me, Nels, Randy, You, Eric, and Ben.... that would make for some awesome competetion and a good time.

^^^^
word
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 9:50 am

Now is the time to get involved. The old timer in charge of it all has announced he is going to retire from the club. We need to get new blood in here so if anyone has been thinking about joining, now is the time.
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 9:51 am

Randy can you fill us in on the run down of whats involved with the membership? Meeting times, dues... etc.
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 9:57 am

We are also starting a new promotion to get people to try autocrossing. One mention on here is the price, so anyone who has not raced this year can race once at the members rate which is $20 for the event. If anyone has been thinking about trying it out, you can now see if you like it without spending as much cash.
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 10:08 am

b1r - TS wrote:
Randy can you fill us in on the run down of whats involved with the membership? Meeting times, dues... etc.

There is a monthly meeting, which now on the first Wedneday of each month, but the day of the week might be changed depending on when people can attend.

As far as the dues, I am not sure what the current pricing is. I think its about $80 per year which pays for itself in a year with the members price for events. I will have to check on the pricing to be certain. There are deals where your weekend membership can count towards a yearly membership and family memberships to help with the cost.

I think that if anyone is interested in membership, they should come to a couple meetings this year and we can fill them in on what all is involved.

The thing with the scca club is it is all up to you as to how involved you want to be. Attending the meeting and taking on duties is all up to each person. Some members just take advantage of the member rates and the free magazine subscription, while others are officers in the club and do much more with getting sites and making events happen.

If everyone wants change in the club the first step is joining and adding your input to the discussions on how the club will be run.
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 10:37 am

There is also an event on the evening of August 21st which is a Saturday. This would be a good one for anyone who cannot make Sunday events to come and try it out.

Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 12:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 12:57 pm

Agreed Randy
It's all pointless for us to heve complaints about the club when we're not even members. We need to join and then offer our input other wise this is all pointless.

Thanks for being a mediator.
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:11 pm

^^^^ Completely agreed, no reason to throw stones from outside the fence.

But I like the direction this is going. We already have more post on here about SCCA than he have had in a long time. Hopefully we can continue on with this positive attitude and make a good change in the future.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:32 pm

so how many people do we have here interested in SCCA that are non members?

Maybe we can get a list together and we can all join and make a differance.

I was going to wait till next year but like randy said.... now is the time.

Also Randy.... Can you let us know anything about an alternative club meeting time? Are they really thinking of changing it to another day other than wednesday? Because if so I want to know and that means I'll start attending. Then I'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:38 pm

You can count me in..Been meaning to go to a meeting and get sign up just havnt had a chance yet
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:39 pm

I am not a member currently, and with things I have going on right now and the state my car is in... I doubt I will join this year. But I will keep my fingers crossed for next year.

I know that makes me look good... get the boat rocking and then say you are jumping out! I wish I could participate more, but I am just being honest. I doubt I will be a member this year.
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:43 pm

OH you gotta step up..You started it now we are gonna make you stay in boat..No abandoning this ship aloud............LOL

Plus it will make you get your car done
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 1:59 pm

Dr.Auto wrote:

Also Randy.... Can you let us know anything about an alternative club meeting time? Are they really thinking of changing it to another day other than wednesday? Because if so I want to know and that means I'll start attending. Then I'll go from there.

I am pushing for the change to another day for the meetings. I can't do Wednesdays for most of the year. If anyone has any day that works better for them let me know and I will try to set it on whatever day works for most people.
Back to top Go down
sprockmember
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
sprockmember

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 2:37 pm

I'm pretty sure the membership is for a full year as well, so if you sign up August 1st of this year, your membership is though August 1st of next year. Right Randy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/noisenoisenoise
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 5:35 pm

pretty much any other week night works for me. Tuesday and thursday especially well

And if I join.... sorry Jake you have to too.... we're in the same boat
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 6:50 pm

sprockmember wrote:
I'm pretty sure the membership is for a full year as well, so if you sign up August 1st of this year, your membership is though August 1st of next year. Right Randy?

Yes, your membership is good for a full year from the date that you signed up.
Back to top Go down
Sprock_silvia
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Sprock_silvia

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2010, 11:19 pm

b1r - TS wrote:
I am not a member currently, and with things I have going on right now and the state my car is in... I doubt I will join this year. But I will keep my fingers crossed for next year.

I know that makes me look good... get the boat rocking and then say you are jumping out! I wish I could participate more, but I am just being honest. I doubt I will be a member this year.

Hmmmmmm this sounds like a excuse to me!!!!! I believe you have a wonderful yellow machine to drive whenever you would like!!!! All I have to say is MR2 Spyder

______________sprock_____________
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 12:11 am

b1r - TS wrote:

I know... this is why I have tried to not say too much in the past. lol I figuered if I could get my car to the point where it's just a bunch of good old tinkering instead of major ground up overhaul then I would be able to race while tinkering and join the SCCA then rock the boat. Thanks Jake for messing that all up.... can I kick you in the shin? lol

But seriousely dude... you're stuck... you're joining with me or I have to hurt you now. lol
Back to top Go down
b1r - TS
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
b1r - TS

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2010, 12:47 am

Well good thing I have played soccer for several years and my shins are like rocks!

Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

Meeting time is coming up next week if anyone is interested in helping keep the club going. I managed to have them change the day of the week, so somebody better show up.

OCTOBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING

Tuesday, October 5, 2010, at 6:30 p.m.

LAW OFFICES OF GUTHALS, HUNNES & REUSS, P.C.
10 North 27th Street, Billings, MT, First Floor Conference Room
(NW Corner of 27th Street and Montana Avenue)
(Across 27th Street from the Crowne Plaza's parking lot.)

Agenda: Season Post-Mortem and 2011 Election

Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 4:07 pm

Has there been a decision on leadership for the 2011 season?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 4:32 pm

I have a question. Why do they end the season so early? I mean one would think could go till end of Oct or mid Nov..That is a long break in between seasons.. Just something I am curious about
Back to top Go down
sxpkpower
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 5:32 pm

DoodieHead wrote:
Has there been a decision on leadership for the 2011 season?

That is what we will have to start deciding at the next few meetings

dyno76 wrote:
I have a question. Why do they end the season so early? I mean one would think could go till end of Oct or mid Nov..That is a long break in between seasons.. Just something I am curious about

Season is set up as it is for a few reasons:
- September has lots of dates for out of town races
- weather is usually not so good in October
- setting up in the dark isn't much fun
- people who set these up are pretty burned out by now (When 3 or 4 people have to do everything, you are pretty tired of it by the end of the season)
- Many people have other responsibilities in the fall and attendance drops off quite a bit
- We have tried to start earlier in the year, but they always get rained out. Rain is alright to run in when its 80 degrees, but not much fun at 40 or 50.
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:11 pm

I had a blast at the night/weekend race. All the events should be like that. .02
Back to top Go down
Dr.Auto
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Dr.Auto

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:14 pm

f20bmt wrote:
I had a blast at the night/weekend race. All the events should be like that. .02

I agree with that. Just wish the night event went farther into the night.
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:56 pm

jus hope there is seasons to come on all cause there is always new ppls coming in an wantinmg to do the races an participate cause im really wanting to get in it an all jus hope we all can straightin all this out an how things are gonna work an who is gonna lead 2011 season
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 11:19 pm

Dang I wish I wasn't going to be in Alaska next week I'd really like to attend.
Back to top Go down
civiclove
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
civiclove

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 12:07 am

dang u go all over dont u
Back to top Go down
rwheelz
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 5:22 pm

Randy I will try to make the meeting. Although I am grateful for the events the club has put on, the local SCCA scene needs some work. If more people would actually participate it would be a lot easier on the few people who are doing the work.
Back to top Go down
f20bmt
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
f20bmt

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 6:57 pm

word yo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My biggest gripe with SCCA....   My biggest gripe with SCCA.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My biggest gripe with SCCA....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next