Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]

Go down 
+36
fastback959
686raptor
kagekun
Cyfun
WarWagon
Sicarius
K-Dub
haproot
brnin8r
zum
pumpitupdj.com
White_Trash
dba_58
Foot_tit
Da_Terrorist
Cake
04 Wagon Boy
zinda1
rocket_z350
Heavymod
Riptide
hatchstatus62
.-DoUbLe @-.
heeb101
ghost
KICKERzx2
shawnss
BlueSteel
BlackedOut04
Turbo1k
a-thomp
turbotudor
ZipDriveX
BUZBYU
05judge
DoodieHead
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 12:55 pm

[quote="kagekun"]^^^

cause its not fast, YEA I SAID IT Very Happy[/quote]
yes yes yes, that's right, tell all your friends with deep pockets i'm a sure bet to lose, i'll cut you in on the piles of green backs after it's all said and done with... King
Back to top Go down
hatchstatus62
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
hatchstatus62

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 1:38 pm

Do i get anything for having the slowest car in billings?? huh huh .. lets start making bets haha tongue
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 4:01 pm

buzz beat it three times in a row. i saw
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 5:05 pm

[quote="a-thomp"]buzz beat it three times in a row. i saw[/quote]
the gt-r right? cause he got his shit chopped off by me. the gt-r is supposed to be all high and mighty, phhssstt, whatever, another japanesey shitbox with a huge ego.
dont get me wrong, i think its a really cool car, but for 70 grand, mother fucker better make the dyno do backflips. King
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 5:15 pm

70g???????????????????????? wha.....
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 5:24 pm

for real. study google that shit yo. King
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 5:32 pm

70gs is bit low. buy the time all the payments are made its well over a 100gs

not hatin just not me . there quite a car . just over priced imo

i would like to see it run down he track . ive seen alot hype on the web an mags . i want to see a timeslip . real life seems to be about a second and a half slower than magazine articles . seen a few doctored vids of a gtr workin a gt5oo on a 1320

i want to see it really run
Suspect
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 5:36 pm

hook line and sinker!!!
haha jk, but seriously i think you could have a 8sec car for that and drive it on the street. o well as long as they are happy with it. and jest think of all of the teen girls that will be going crazy over it.
Back to top Go down
Turbo1k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
Turbo1k

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 6:43 pm

fastback959 wrote:
hook line and sinker!!!
haha jk, but seriously i think you could have a 8sec car for that and drive it on the street. o well as long as they are happy with it. and jest think of all of the teen girls that will be going crazy over it.

Youd be surprised how much money guys will spend cause of women, look how much i got into my bike lol!
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 6:46 pm

If i had 70Gs id spend it on a car. but thats me. if your already have 70Gs to dump on a car. im sure your not strapped for cash. IMO i think the cars sick. not staying its worth 100Gs or anything. plus remember they had a lambo before the GTR so it was a step down. cheers
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 6:53 pm

If it's overpriced then so is it's competition.

You guys might as well say all new cars in it's class are overpriced.

If all you go by is how fast it goes in the 1320 vs. the money spent then of course you can get some old used car, dump some money into it, and beat it. That's nothing new though.
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:04 pm

turbotudor wrote:
a-thomp wrote:
the gt-r right? cause he got his shit chopped off by me. the gt-r is supposed to be all high and mighty, phhssstt, whatever, another japanesey shitbox with a huge ego.
dont get me wrong, i think its a really cool car, but for 70 grand, mother fucker better make the dyno do backflips. King

Haha but we never lined up... there were always cars in front of us or I didn't know he wanted to race me, I was in 4th or 5th @ 30-35mph and it takes about three seconds to get down to 2nd if the car is not expecting it Smile I'll be glad to do a real race (I don't care if it's from a dig or not, I can launch) next time. I'll try and take it out next weekend. Cool

Not sure where the huge ego thing comes in? And sure, for a straight line you can get way more bang for you buck no doubt! I like corners, though. The cost is for the track performace with fully vectoring diffs front/rear and left/right. It's both AWD and RWD depending on the situation.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:06 pm

lol man c'mon... It's a car forum and you have to ask where the ego comes from? Wink
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:23 pm

the car is cool and i bet it dives very nice as a 70k car should. but i will stick with my old school car

but opinions are like ass holes every one has one and they all stink.

i will have old school car and others will have the latest and greatest hi-tech street cars when my car will have an AM radio and no heater. but that's what i want ...
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:33 pm

The GTR also isn't built to be a drag car. That's like saying anything that can't go straight fast isn't worth the money. As you know its not that hard to build something with only one focus, drag, drift, cornering, braking. The GTR is built to do all and there are a few stock engined 9 and 10 second GTR's with only minor upgrades. Not to mention they can drive them home comfortably and then go to the road races the next day and smoke everyone. The brakes alone on the GTR are worth more than many people's cars. Not to mention the $17,000 AWD tranny that is second to none in engineering.

How many American cars have set track records in road racing on any major circuit? Never seen any Turbotudor's do well there. Does that mean your car sucks? Nope it just means you built it to go straight, they built it to take corners, brake, daily drive and take some rich old people to eat fancy food most of us can't even pronounce. You can't jusde everything by only one standard. Not to mention all it takes is a tune and more boost to put down 550+ AWHP. That's more than any other car in the same price range. You can build a budget honda that runs 10's but will that compare to any of the supercars that run the same times? Not to me it won't.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:40 pm

ts4l wrote:
The GTR also isn't built to be a drag car. That's like saying anything that can't go straight fast isn't worth the money. As you know its not that hard to build something with only one focus, drag, drift, cornering, braking. The GTR is built to do all and there are a few stock engined 9 and 10 second GTR's with only minor upgrades. Not to mention they can drive them home comfortably and then go to the road races the next day and smoke everyone. The brakes alone on the GTR are worth more than many people's cars. Not to mention the $17,000 AWD tranny that is second to none in engineering.

How many American cars have set track records in road racing on any major circuit? Never seen any Turbotudor's do well there. Does that mean your car sucks? Nope it just means you built it to go straight, they built it to take corners, brake, daily drive and take some rich old people to eat fancy food most of us can't even pronounce. You can't jusde everything by only one standard. Not to mention all it takes is a tune and more boost to put down 550+ AWHP. That's more than any other car in the same price range. You can build a budget honda that runs 10's but will that compare to any of the supercars that run the same times? Not to me it won't.

good point J. i like all cars id rock a mini van if it was turboed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:40 pm

427 cobra " the Ferrari slayer" was a bad ass car back when.

the gtr is a bad ass car don't get me wrong i would pimp it, i would have all the teen girls following me around. hehe i can see it now.....
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:41 pm

fastback959 wrote:
the car is cool and i bet it dives very nice as a 70k car should. but i will stick with my old school car

but opinions are like ass holes every one has one and they all stink.

i will have old school car and others will have the latest and greatest hi-tech street cars when my car will have an AM radio and no heater. but that's what i want ...

No kidding Wink I pretty much like all cars (I enjoy the mechanics of it all) and I don't hate on anyone except ricers and people who don't respect others. My perfect car... completely stripped 1992 red Evo VI TME with group N mods. No radio, no AC, no nothin! Rather have that then the GT-R, but my dad has worked insanely hard all his life (military, college, plowing fields, starting his own businesses, you name it) and deserves to drive what he wants to lol, he has driven a 92 toyota pickup for over 150,000 miles! I just hope to follow in his steps and maybe try to be even a little better, but I don't want any help doing it haha.

Sorry started rambling there a bit. Bottom line: love all cars except ricers and I think it's great that we all have something in common, despite the fact that we all like different styles
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:47 pm

hells yes ^ hard working man that can flip the bill deserves to have a bad to the ass DD car. i would like to see it in person.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 7:50 pm

hell id rock this little beast. it would smoke my doors and more than half the people on here. most people would look at this and laugh until they got there ass handed to them and it can still haul 6 people.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:14 pm

ts4l wrote:

How many American cars have set track records in road racing on any major circuit?
Well now that we're bringing this up.

The ZR1 did beat the GTR around the nurburgring. Wink

Neither set a track record though.
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:26 pm

^Yup, true true. ZR1 is ~= $20-30k more though. and 200whp more than the GT-R and 500 pounds lighter, I would hope it would beat it at the 'ring Smile there are a ton of straights and curves.

ZR1's are crazy!
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:27 pm

[quote="ts4l"]The GTR also isn't built to be a drag car. That's like saying anything that can't go straight fast isn't worth the money. As you know its not that hard to build something with only one focus, drag, drift, cornering, braking. The GTR is built to do all and there are a few stock engined 9 and 10 second GTR's with only minor upgrades. Not to mention they can drive them home comfortably and then go to the road races the next day and smoke everyone. The brakes alone on the GTR are worth more than many people's cars. Not to mention the $17,000 AWD tranny that is second to none in engineering.

How many American cars have set track records in road racing on any major circuit? Never seen any Turbotudor's do well there. Does that mean your car sucks? Nope it just means you built it to go straight, they built it to take corners, brake, daily drive and take some rich old people to eat fancy food most of us can't even pronounce. You can't jusde everything by only one standard. Not to mention all it takes is a tune and more boost to put down 550+ AWHP. That's more than any other car in the same price range. You can build a budget honda that runs 10's but will that compare to any of the supercars that run the same times? Not to me it won't.[/quote]
did you even read my entire post? i said i like the car, but it has become such a major stroke the cock case in all the car magazines about how badass it is, how nothing can touch it and blah blah blah... im just saying, and once again,IMO, if I spent 70K+ on a car, fucker better hands down beat the dogfuck outta anything i line up against, drag, drift, circuit, what the fuck ever. don't really care, but jesus, all the blown outta proportion hype about the new super bad to the fuckin bone GT-R is just that, hype. i will say the same exact thing to this that i say to everyone, i dont hate hondas, nissans,mazdas,eagles, mitsubishis,or whatever, i just dont prefer them.
alot of money can be spent in a million different ways on cars, trucks,fuck even a tractor, but coming from where i came from, who raised me, and how i grew up in the car world, i chose american power over import power. sorrry if some one dont like it, but i dont really care either so there. King
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:37 pm

Different strokes for different folks Smile in the end, they are all just cars and if you think about it... we all love to go fast, whether it's straight line skill and timing and big power, or pulling a high skidpad and making the perfect corner entry/exit. And we all love sexy cars! I personally think that most of the cars (85%+) on here or BSS are sexy and I would definitely own them given the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:39 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
^Yup, true true. ZR1 is ~= $20-30k more though. and 200whp more than the GT-R and 500 pounds lighter, I would hope it would beat it at the 'ring Smile there are a ton of straights and curves.

ZR1's are crazy!
The GTR is 480hp crank right? The ZR1 is a 638hp crank car. The advantage is certainly there but it's far less than 200 @ the wheels.

FWIW the GTR lost but it wasn't by that much. The vette destroys it in the straights but the GTR has the edge in the corners. Or so it would appear based on the numbers.

I'd prefer the ZR1 but I would probably give an appendage to own either. Wink
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:43 pm

yeah what the fuck, we all love cars, regaurdless, if it has an engine and moves, someone will eventually make it go faster. thats how we all work. i dont care if you spent 2 million onna car, as long as you spent it on a car, and not a stupid tanning bed or gym membership, or lipo cuz your ass is too big. if you love cars, no one cares if your ass is too big, we just love cars. King
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:45 pm

lol I have a gym membership.

But I don't have two mill. :p
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:45 pm

Oops! Sorry I meant 100, not a typo just bad math on my part. Edmund's has a great video and full length review/battle here

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/corvette/2009/comparison-test-2009-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vs-2009-nissan-gt-r.html
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:48 pm

turbotudor wrote:
yeah what the fuck, we all love cars, regaurdless, if it has an engine and moves, someone will eventually make it go faster. thats how we all work. i dont care if you spent 2 million onna car, as long as you spent it on a car, and not a stupid tanning bed or gym membership, or lipo cuz your ass is too big. if you love cars, no one cares if your ass is too big, we just love cars. King

Unless you can't fit in the recaros What a Face

Just fuck Veyrons though. Would never own one even if I had the money to own and maintain. I can't believe it took sixteen cylinders, four turbos and eleven intercoolers to make only 1001 horsepower... jesus.
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:48 pm

[quote="pumpitupdj.com"]Different strokes for different folks Smile in the end, they are all just cars and if you think about it... we all love to go fast, whether it's straight line skill and timing and big power, or pulling a high skidpad and making the perfect corner entry/exit. And we all love sexy cars! I personally think that most of the cars (85%+) on here or BSS are sexy and I would definitely own them given the opportunity.[/quote]

and i know im not in that 85%, but thats cool cuz there is only about 3 cars i think of that are in the 1% that are on the same page as me.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:49 pm

Yah and the veyron looks like a horse's ass. IMO anyway. One of the fugliest supercars I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:53 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
Oops! Sorry I meant 100, not a typo just bad math on my part. Edmund's has a great video and full length review/battle here
Nice link. I usually don't like Edmunds ever since they compared an overpriced Shelby GT to an STI. This one looked pretty fair to me though.
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:56 pm

No joke. Usually supercars have at least one end that looks hot. Veyron looks like a damn mouse.
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 8:58 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
turbotudor wrote:
a-thomp wrote:

Haha but we never lined up... there were always cars in front of us or I didn't know he wanted to race me, I was in 4th or 5th @ 30-35mph and it takes about three seconds to get down to 2nd if the car is not expecting it Smile I'll be glad to do a real race (I don't care if it's from a dig or not, I can launch) next time. I'll try and take it out next weekend. Cool

Not sure where the huge ego thing comes in? And sure, for a straight line you can get way more bang for you buck no doubt! I like corners, though. The cost is for the track performace with fully vectoring diffs front/rear and left/right. It's both AWD and RWD depending on the situation.

yeah i know you didn't line up. i kinda worded it wrong. buzz only beat you by like a foot at the most it looked like. It was crazy racin!! On TopGear, Jeremy Clarckson took the GTR to a racetrack in Japan and while turning a corner he actually blew out his neck from turning a corner as hard and fast as he could. And it made it too. The GTR is a god at turning corners. thats what its made for. some crazy technology went into that car
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 9:15 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/corvette/2009/comparison-test-2009-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vs-2009-nissan-gt-r.html

^ that was a good video
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 9:21 pm

yeah it was a good video
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 10:32 pm

If the Vette and GT-R had raced 3 months ago... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2010, 11:16 pm

Hah! and if the Vette and the GT-R race in another 3 months after I install a midpipe, Cobb AP, and Mines filters.....
Back to top Go down
Turbo1k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
Turbo1k

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 12:18 am

I think the GTR's are sweet.....im a huge supercar fan
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 9:33 am

Heading back tot the Veyron topic if I may, obviously there are those that are going to dog on it, but has anyone actually looked farther into it than the horsepower and 1/4 numbers? The car is built in a 100% science-based mindset. All the curves serve a perfect purpose, every vent, every tip on the car is there for a reason. Now yeah, it may only make 1k horse, but ALL of that is going to be hitting the street at 120, and ALL of it will be hitting the street at 180, and 220.
And as for my opinion, I would buy the shit out of one if I had the money and wouldn't have to worry about it. Very Happy Especially since the convertible came out last year. Razz
Back to top Go down
SprockCapn
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
SprockCapn

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:02 am

shawnss wrote:
If i had 70Gs id spend it on a car. but thats me. if your already have 70Gs to dump on a car. im sure your not strapped for cash. IMO i think the cars sick. not staying its worth 100Gs or anything. plus remember they had a lambo before the GTR so it was a step down. cheers

This is a good statement. Obviously they have the money to own a GTR so who cares if they spend it how they want it. They worked hard to earn that money and should spend it on whatever they want. If I had the money I would probably spend it on something that other people think is too much, but it would be worth the money to me and that is all that matters! I couldn't agree with you more Shawn!
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:38 am

I like Leno's garage. He has something for almost everyone in there.
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:38 am

I love cars and all but if I had an extra $70,000 I think I'd put a down payment on another house. Rent that out and let someone else build me up some more savings. I already wasted too much on cars. Guess maybe I'm getting old and my priorities are changing. Actually I'd probably buy a time share on the beach somewhere. No car compares to some time on the beach with friends and family.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 11:44 am

I've said the same things ts4l.

And then I was told I'm doing it wrong and that I don't have the right car.

:/
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 12:04 pm

I think you always have the right car if it makes you happy. But then again when I had an Accord I knew I was building the wrong car but just kept dumping money into it. Knowing it would never be fast. If only I could have all that money back and spend it on something worth while. But we're all cars guys so we'll probably always be spending money on cars that probably aren't the best investment idea's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 3:22 pm

i'll chime in on the zr1 and bang for buck... if you were gonna spend that much money on a zr1 wouldn't you rather get an r8 or a porshe?
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 3:31 pm

Why would you want the R8? MSRP is 150,000$ for the V10 version which doesn't even make 400ft. lb. of torque.

I'm sure it's fast and all but... meh. Don't see how it's such a super deal.
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 4:18 pm

well, if i had the doe, i'd probably buy a zr-1, but then i'd gut the fucker for the good stuff and put it in a beater that"wont corner" and "isn't worth the primer sprayed on it" and "can't keep up with blah blah blah around the nuerenberg ring" King

oh yeah, and sell the shell of a vette.
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2010, 7:04 pm

The ZR1 Corvette IS the best bang for the buck...period...is the fastest car for the price (stock vs. stock) nothing can touch it unless you spend much more...obviously you can any car fast...I'm talkin cars from the factory...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 1:56 am

sorry i just feel gm is getting away with murder. buy a vette and boost it. isn't it really just a supercharged vette? i dont see any other real big differences for that price increase. a regular 6.2 vette with a supercharger bolted on and some carbon fiber?

that supercharger better give you golden wings to be worth the extra 50k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next