Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]

Go down 
+36
fastback959
686raptor
kagekun
Cyfun
WarWagon
Sicarius
K-Dub
haproot
brnin8r
zum
pumpitupdj.com
White_Trash
dba_58
Foot_tit
Da_Terrorist
Cake
04 Wagon Boy
zinda1
rocket_z350
Heavymod
Riptide
hatchstatus62
.-DoUbLe @-.
heeb101
ghost
KICKERzx2
shawnss
BlueSteel
BlackedOut04
Turbo1k
a-thomp
turbotudor
ZipDriveX
BUZBYU
05judge
DoodieHead
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 2:01 am

man this thread got drifted but if money wasn't an option i'd buy a lotus exige. k20 swap it with a supercharger or boost it with a small turbo. that would be extra impressive... you tube that shit! =)

dreams suck cause they're not reality
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:21 am

I would have to say I am very happy with my car and would not trade it for anything. It could pretty much be as fast as I want it to be, just dont have the time or money for a dyno right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 7:32 pm

If money were no object I would buy the tools to weld, and take classes on welding, then I would build a tube-frame chassis, slap a 4g63 in the middle of the car, do i hear 6-sec passes?
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 9:01 pm

Dude, I'm actually aspiring to make exactly what you're talking about somewhere down the road. Saving up funds for a good MIG welder and plasma cutter right now. I think the car itself it can be done for very cheap.

The Ariel Atom can outperform an Enzo with a 300hp Honda engine. Imagine what a 500hp 4g63 would do. We might actually have a car that can beat Josh's shitbox, and at roughly the same cost! Not to mention it wouldn't get confused by corners. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:10 pm

Better not bring up corners. :p
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:12 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
turbotudor wrote:
a-thomp wrote:
buzz beat it three times in a row. i saw
the gt-r right? cause he got his shit chopped off by me. the gt-r is supposed to be all high and mighty, phhssstt, whatever, another japanesey shitbox with a huge ego.
dont get me wrong, i think its a really cool car, but for 70 grand, mother fucker better make the dyno do backflips. King

Haha but we never lined up... there were always cars in front of us or I didn't know he wanted to race me, I was in 4th or 5th @ 30-35mph and it takes about three seconds to get down to 2nd if the car is not expecting it Smile I'll be glad to do a real race (I don't care if it's from a dig or not, I can launch) next time. I'll try and take it out next weekend. Cool

Not sure where the huge ego thing comes in? And sure, for a straight line you can get way more bang for you buck no doubt! I like corners, though. The cost is for the track performace with fully vectoring diffs front/rear and left/right. It's both AWD and RWD depending on the situation.

Riptide wrote:
ts4l wrote:

How many American cars have set track records in road racing on any major circuit?
Well now that we're bringing this up.

The ZR1 did beat the GTR around the nurburgring. Wink

Neither set a track record though.

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
Hah! and if the Vette and the GT-R race in another 3 months after I install a midpipe, Cobb AP, and Mines filters.....

KuRRu wrote:
sorry i just feel gm is getting away with murder. buy a vette and boost it. isn't it really just a supercharged vette? i dont see any other real big differences for that price increase. a regular 6.2 vette with a supercharger bolted on and some carbon fiber?

that supercharger better give you golden wings to be worth the extra 50k

I had to ask Aaron later if the GTR was even trying to race. I know it's a fast car so I had to check. Aaron actually called me while he was following to tell me about the rubber I laid.

My car was a stock C6 with the Z51 package which, besides shocks and handling upgrades, has a lower gear ration 1st thru 3rd. I actually don't like the really low first gear. It's a pain on street driving.

Plus, like Aaron said, I barely beat the GTR just messing around, but the GTR is totally stock while I've got massive amounts of mods on my base C6.

I've got just under $60k "ALL IN" on the vette. However, a lot of the money went towards cosmetic mods. Under $9k in performance mods if you take off the wheels/tires/wide body. So, if I had done the stock C6 (used) plus the TT, I would have been around $43,000 total.

My car's a Chevy. Anyone who wants to drive it can. I'll let anyone drive it when we get together at these meets. It's just a car.

Now, if I decided to start over, I seriously would think about a TT Viper ACR. I think they're sick. Just my opinion. I'd also REALLY like to trick out an OLD SCHOOL Skyline or Supra.

Peace out. Cool
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:25 pm

My car is similar HP but I don't have the brakes the ZR1 has. However, I've got A LOT better rubber than the run-flats the ZR1 comes with.

Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:52 pm

Are those your burnout marks down on King towards the roundabout? I got some great pics of them last night. They're on my Picasa album.
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 10:54 pm

Cyfun wrote:
Are those your burnout marks down on King towards the roundabout? I got some great pics of them last night. They're on my Picasa album.

uh...not sure. Aaron would know. I'm running 345's so if they're over a foot wide, they could be mine.
Back to top Go down
pumpitupdj.com
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
pumpitupdj.com

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 11:49 pm

If I were to take a guess, I would say you would beat the GT-R most times. But I really have no idea lol never ridden in your vette
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2010, 11:54 pm

pumpitupdj.com wrote:
If I were to take a guess, I would say you would beat the GT-R most times. But I really have no idea lol never ridden in your vette

You can drive it any time you want. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 12:00 am

BUZBYU wrote:
pumpitupdj.com wrote:

hey i need to take a road trip to FL. im gonna need the vette. J/k it just sounded good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 12:08 am

shawnss wrote:
BUZBYU wrote:
pumpitupdj.com wrote:

hey i need to take a road trip to FL. im gonna need the vette. J/k it just sounded good Very Happy

I fly to FL three or four times per year. I would love to take a road trip and stop by the Vette museum. My car has 9k miles though. Probably best to keep it low.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 12:19 am

I fly to FL three or four times per year. I would love to take a road trip and stop by the Vette museum. My car has 9k miles though. Probably best to keep it low.[/quote]

yes very true. im not one to rack up tons of miles. thats why i have 4 vehicles. so i dont put so many miles on just one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 12:21 am

My company car has 9k miles and turns THREE in June! I'm buying it, but the fact is I fly most eveywhere, not drive.

I'd love to trick out the IS350. Gunna need some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 11:36 am

Huge chrome spoiler!
Back to top Go down
BUZBYU
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
BUZBYU

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 1:45 pm

Cyfun wrote:
Huge chrome spoiler!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
turbotudor
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
turbotudor

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 1:48 pm

i think a 2jz swap with a huge single turbo would rock it... and some lake pipes with flame throwers in each of them.... and a 30mm mini gun mounted to the trunk lid too. King
and a huge chrome wing
Back to top Go down
hatchstatus62
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
hatchstatus62

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 11:20 pm

Lift it , 4x4 conversion, geo metro 3 banger engine, and tint only the drivers side window... shit would be siiiiick!! haha sorry i'm bored
Back to top Go down
DigitalSpecV03
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
DigitalSpecV03

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2010, 11:50 pm

hatchstatus62 wrote:
Lift it , 4x4 conversion, geo metro 3 banger engine, and tint only the drivers side window... shit would be siiiiick!! haha sorry i'm bored

That kinda reminds me of my old work van... well, aside from the 4x4, and the geo 3 banger... but a Ford 1 ton with the drivers side window tinted... we called it "The Chomo Van" because it was just a white panel van with the one window tinted... lol!
Back to top Go down
hatchstatus62
[NEWBIE]
[NEWBIE]
hatchstatus62

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2010, 12:29 am

DigitalSpecV03 wrote:
hatchstatus62 wrote:

That kinda reminds me of my old work van... well, aside from the 4x4, and the geo 3 banger... but a Ford 1 ton with the drivers side window tinted... we called it "The Chomo Van" because it was just a white panel van with the one window tinted... lol!

haha thats tight.. well my cavalier i used to have had 5% on the drivers side 20% on the passanger and nothing in the coupe windows or the back window haha
Back to top Go down
a-thomp
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 2:46 pm

dude buzz driving your vette was the funnest thing i have ever done. that was soooo sick!!! oh and about the burnout marks.. no those aren't his cuz his were down by iHop and Hertz. They all got washed off in the last rain though so you can't really see them anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]   OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON   [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OUR FIRST 'LARGE' GATHERING OF THE SEASON [ APRIL 3rd @ CITY BREW ]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5