Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)

Go down 
+43
CruzinSL
686raptor
nate jackson
BLUBLS
Brett@K&KPerformance
smd
zinda1
wile2k
Tyler.McKinley
02 bugeye-baby
Justin S
$F-5$ Inc.
usmctx
rocket_z350
92civic
dyno76
billythekid
AZ93
a-thomp
DreamCharger1969
White_Trash
ProOnThaSnow
Aviglakis
Turbo1k
fastback959
kagekun
Devin
b1r - TS
ts4l
Dr.Auto
WarWagon
Novaflash2002
BruisedTurd
shawnss
04 Wagon Boy
mr2_jordan
BlueSteel
f20bmt
Riptide
DJ Hobbles
DoodieHead
ghost
turbotudor
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 9:30 am

rocket_z350 wrote:
Novaflash2002 wrote:
cobra is 390 to the ground add 15% for parasidic loss thats 458 crank.

hmmm...if the terminator stangs had 390 to the ground...why would they only run a 13.4 stock...lol (I still have the old car and driver/motor trend/ car craft mags that did articles on those cars at the time...

They weigh a ton, well actually more than 2 tons, lol. You have 1000lb weight advantage over a '03/'04 Cobra.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 12:47 pm

The 03/04 terminator is a 3665 pound car.
The 05 STI is a 3298 pound car.
The C5Z06 is a 3116 pound car.

These values were taken from kbb.com.

Just to clarify but a 13.4 out of a stock terminator is definitely believable up here in our terrible air. They have done much much better at sea level. But then hasn't every car? lol
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:19 pm

Riptide wrote:
The 03/04 terminator is a 3665 pound car.
The 05 STI is a 3298 pound car.
The C5Z06 is a 3116 pound car.

These values were taken from kbb.com.

Just to clarify but a 13.4 out of a stock terminator is definitely believable up here in our terrible air. They have done much much better at sea level. But then hasn't every car? lol

I only take those with a small grain of salt though. I weighed my Z06 on certified scales, 3040 (was a disagreement with Josh back in the day, he thought that they weighed more). For some reason I was thinking that the Cobras were 4000lb cars though, maybe I was thinking with my lard ass in it, lol. Still a 500-600lb difference, that is 50-60hp worth of weight.

I'm trying to remember what MPH the Cobra was running at the track (was it this year or last??). I think he was only hitting 104ish and had a few mods done. I'll have to look through my videos, I'm sure we filmed him.

{edit} yeah, found the vids, same night I had my vette there. He was running 105.6mph and I was running 108.3. I remember talking to him, think he just had a CAI / Exhaust on it. Maybe someone here knows him, the color shifting colored Cobra.

Here is the vid, have to forgive my super crap tree, lol. Wish I would have launched well, might have been a good race.

Just uploaded so it might take a minute or two for them to process it.

Last edited by wile2k on October 28th 2010, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:28 pm

A stock terminator should trap 110+ easy at sea level and run mid 12s.

The only one I've seen run at Acton was a black one that was out there when Gillis was running that place and it was a freaking mess. He was getting 2.0 sixties on drag radials lol

Porting the blower and changing out the pulley will give a big boost in power with those cars. A whipple or a KB is even better. Smile
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:43 pm

Riptide wrote:
A stock terminator should trap 110+ easy at sea level and run mid 12s.

The only one I've seen run at Acton was a black one that was out there when Gillis was running that place and it was a freaking mess. He was getting 2.0 sixties on drag radials lol

Porting the blower and changing out the pulley will give a big boost in power with those cars. A whipple or a KB is even better. Smile

I have video of a few. This was the mystic one, very nice and well taken care of from what I remember. The black one was only trapping 100 in the videos that I have, must have had something seriously wrong. I have a video of Mikey running against a white Cobra, he ran a 12.9@114, that one was making good power, just had a horrid launch.
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:33 pm

My two buddies have 03 cobras with pullies they run anywhere from 12.50's-12.80's. One now has a whipple with a conservative tune and it runs 11.90's. The two pullied cars make 417rwhp and 430rwhp. And the whipple car makes low 500rwhp. They run good for cheap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kandkperformanceonline.com
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:53 pm

Brett@K&KPerformance wrote:
My two buddies have 03 cobras with pullies they run anywhere from 12.50's-12.80's. One now has a whipple with a conservative tune and it runs 11.90's. The two pullied cars make 417rwhp and 430rwhp. And the whipple car makes low 500rwhp. They run good for cheap!

Is one of them the Mystic colored one? I think that kid in my vid above ran into the mid 12s at one time or another.

Yep, the potential is crazy on them, thus why I always wanted one.
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:59 pm

No, one is sonic blue and the other is yellow.
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 4:18 pm

No, one is sonic blue and the other is yellow.

On the same subject even though off topic, I hear that the new Boss 302 is going to be on a forged bottom end... Wonder how well they will take to a fair bit of boost (thinking maybe 10-12psi).
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 5:04 pm

Riptide wrote:
13.4 at this altitude I'm assuming?

Pretty comparable to stock C5 Z06 times here.

that would be at sea level...remember the 500 hp Shelby GT500s are only puttin down a 12.8.....yes they are 4000 lbs...according to nick...the previous owner of my z06 and his brother raced (he had a terminator) and the only way he could beat the z06 was with mods...(pullied, exhaust, intake...) just sayin Rolling Eyes c5 z06's run a 12.4 at sea level....many people have beaten that time with drag radials....my time isn't nothing impressive but...it was 104 outside...my 60' was a 2.2...with some practice I should be able to get down to the low 13s-high 12s...(have a tune installed now along with a 08 z06 shifter, not to mention drag radials)
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 5:18 pm

rocket_z350 wrote:
Riptide wrote:
13.4 at this altitude I'm assuming?

Pretty comparable to stock C5 Z06 times here.

that would be at sea level...remember the 500 hp Shelby GT500s are only puttin down a 12.8.....yes they are 4000 lbs...according to nick...the previous owner of my z06 and his brother raced (he had a terminator) and the only way he could beat the z06 was with mods...(pullied, exhaust, intake...) just sayin Rolling Eyes c5 z06's run a 12.4 at sea level....many people have beaten that time with drag radials....my time isn't nothing impressive but...it was 104 outside...my 60' was a 2.2...with some practice I should be able to get down to the low 13s-high 12s...(have a tune installed now along with a 08 z06 shifter, not to mention drag radials)

The Cobras have the MPH to go well into the 12s at sea level. Most people have trouble launching and shifting them though. Some have gone deep 12s with just a sticky tire, usually at 110mph'ish. All in the driver, track, and weather conditions.

And don't feel bad about your times until you've run it several times in several conditions. You have more in it for sure, just have to find where you are missing it.

Oh, and not sure where you got the 12.8 on the GT500, it has about 5mph more than the Terminators and goes deep 12s stock when driven well. Sticky tire times have been into the 11s I believe.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 5:38 pm

A 13.4 is a TERRIBLE time for a stock cobra at sea level. And so is 12.8 for a GT500.

Look around on svtperformance if you don't believe me.. Wink

Take my car for example. 300hp @ the crank and it weighs 3450 lbs.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-report/mustang-stampede!/page_3_-_mustang_gt_v-8_page_3

A magazine driver, a good one in this case, gets a 13.5 ET out of it.

As you can tell, the cobra should be significantly stronger than a 13.4. A 13+ ET at sea level means someone needs driver mod and needs it BAD.
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 9:50 pm

Riptide wrote:
A 13.4 is a TERRIBLE time for a stock cobra at sea level. And so is 12.8 for a GT500.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-report/mustang-stampede!/page_3_-_mustang_gt_v-8_page_3

As you can tell, the cobra should be significantly stronger than a 13.4. A 13+ ET at sea level means someone needs driver mod and needs it BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY I'm just talkin stock against stock...this is only one of many videos of a shelby runnin a 12.8.......heres another video of a shelby runnin a 12.8...but shows the terminator runnin a 12.7... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwiQCR6BHkM What a Face
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 9:52 pm

to be honest...I really want to race that guy's shelby gt 500...that will set the record straight lol!
Back to top Go down
BlueSteel
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
BlueSteel

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 11:18 pm

I'll give him a call this weekend if im out and your out, and he's out LOL kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Smiley_driving
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 11:56 pm

rocket_z350 wrote:
Riptide wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C9zanLcpXY I'm just talkin stock against stock...this is only one of many videos of a shelby runnin a 12.8.......heres another video of a shelby runnin a 12.8...but shows the terminator runnin a 12.7... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwiQCR6BHkM What a Face

Yeah, there are plenty of people that have run slow times in fast cars. I know that I have at least one video of me running a 14.x in my Z06 and a few 12.x on my 'busa, lol. It isn't the vehicles fault if the driver can't extract good times from the power (not entirely the vehicles fault anyway). Autoblog got a 12.3 out of a GT500 and if you hit up some of the forums there are more than a few more semi-talented drivers that have gone sub 2.0 60' which has netted them a mid to low 12. I seem to remember seeing that 12.3 had something in the 1.8 range for 60's which takes some skill to wring out of a stock tire 6 speed.

110mph traps are good for 12s on even a decent 60' and 115mph traps are good for deep 12s on a decent 60' (and 11s on a good 60')

Case in point, that cobra in the video above, I have another run of him running 12.5@104.x lol. Obviously had a great launch (and was on a drag radial). IIRC, he was having some clutch problems that prevented hard launches later in the day.
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 12:36 am

How much rwhp do you think it takes to trap 115 around here?
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 7:10 am

I totally agree with you that it also has allot to do with the driver...like with the new 5.0....motor trend raced it against the bmw m3 time and time again and finally hit a 12.7 with it...while every other mag (road and track, car and driver, automobile) rated it from a 13.0-13.2...not to mention track conditions are a big deal too.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRC7WJHgmA&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 7:16 am

91FiveOh wrote:
I'll give him a call this weekend if im out and your out, and he's out LOL kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Smiley_driving

just to let you know...my grandma passed away yesterday and I am gonna be out of town till sat. night...maybe he will be out then... Neutral
Back to top Go down
BLUBLS
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
BLUBLS

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 9:20 am

wile2k wrote:

Is one of them the Mystic colored one? I think that kid in my vid above ran into the mid 12s at one time or another.

Yep, the potential is crazy on them, thus why I always wanted one.

Hey Tom, thats my Sonic Blue Cobra. You forgot I smoked the stock clutch on that pass in 3rd gear, otherwise that would have been a faster pass. The car sat and stunk in the pits the rest of the night. Pullied It ran high 12's on clean passes. Terminators dyno on average around 360-370 to the wheels bone stock.
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2010, 5:48 pm

well...the guy with the shelby gt 500 won't race me...but he says that when his brother owned the z06...he beat it by 2 car lengths racing from a roll...so... if we were to race from the dig... I believe I would win...not to mention i have a tune now and a k&n filter (filter that was in it was paper and needed to be changed)...
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 12:21 am

well...raced a shelby gt500... 40 roll to about 115... lost barely by 1 car length... Twisted Evil the dude is really cool... glad he changed his mind to race...oh yeah nick was with me...
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 8:58 am

rocket_z350 wrote:
well...raced a shelby gt500... 40 roll to about 115... lost barely by 1 car length... Twisted Evil the dude is really cool... glad he changed his mind to race...oh yeah nick was with me...
I was gonna say I don't think you will beat a GT500 unless the driver is awful! I'm not bagging on you at all but they make great power to the wheel. It would take motor work from your vette to beat one. Glad to see you race though cause most vette guys won't! I give you props! It doesn't matter if you lose it is all in having fun, thats why we do it!
Back to top Go down
nate jackson
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
nate jackson

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 9:04 am

ive pulled on a 500 Razz
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 9:12 am

nate jackson wrote:
ive pulled on a 500 Razz
Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 9:35 am

rocket_z350 wrote:

a dig is the only way to go. its the only true way to see what is faster. i have beat a few cars from a roll in my gto stock that i know would own me if we went from a dig.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
nate jackson
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
nate jackson

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 9:37 am

^^^ he kicked my ass from the dig
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 9:55 am

matt spray it. your z would run pretty good on the bottle. hell even a 100 shot it would move pretty good. on a bottle i think the results would have been a bit different Twisted Evil those gt500 run pretty good. hell id race one but only from a dig i love AWD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 10:10 am

If the gt500 had stock tires I bet she was spinning in 2nd gear out of 40mph. I have the same goodyear supercars and they don't cut it even from a roll.
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 11:36 am

nate jackson wrote:
^^^ he kicked my ass from the dig
not with the set up you have now lol. all i can say is you would prolly take all of my lunch money and beat me up now Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2010, 7:11 pm

BLUBLS wrote:

Hey Tom, thats my Sonic Blue Cobra. You forgot I smoked the stock clutch on that pass in 3rd gear, otherwise that would have been a faster pass. The car sat and stunk in the pits the rest of the night. Pullied It ran high 12's on clean passes. Terminators dyno on average around 360-370 to the wheels bone stock.

Yeah, I thought you had clutch problems, did I mention that above, lol.

I think I have another vid of you doing a 12.x pass in it, I remember that it quick. What was your best MPH in it at the track? I seem to remember *someone* having drag radials, so it is hard to compare ET, but MPH tells a lot of the story.

Good to see you on here and still in the area. Don't see enough Cobras around Smile. I tried to join the family, maybe some day.

Edit, I did mention it in my last post prior to this one. I thought I was losing what mental faculty I had left, lol.
Back to top Go down
BLUBLS
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
BLUBLS

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 9:37 am

wile2k wrote:
BLUBLS wrote:

Yeah, I thought you had clutch problems, did I mention that above, lol.

I think I have another vid of you doing a 12.x pass in it, I remember that it quick. What was your best MPH in it at the track? I seem to remember *someone* having drag radials, so it is hard to compare ET, but MPH tells a lot of the story.

Good to see you on here and still in the area. Don't see enough Cobras around Smile. I tried to join the family, maybe some day.

Edit, I did mention it in my last post prior to this one. I thought I was losing what mental faculty I had left, lol.

l never got alot of passes when it was pullied. I had just bought it that spring and began modding it. First time out I didn't realize the trac lock needed rebuilt so I had a one wheel wonder and was running anywhere from 13.3 to 13.6 with 2.2 & 2.3 60 ft. I got the new locker in ran it & got a 12.9 with 1.9 60ft. I think the mph was 107-108ish? Next time out I had a custom tune and ported blower. So on that setup I ran that pass in the video against you and poof there went the clutch. I tried 2 more times that night, but ran 13.7 & 13.9 with the clutch failing more and more. I never ran it on that combo at the track again. I think it had a 12.5 at 111 to 112 in it, but that winter I put in a Spec cluctch & early summer swapped out the eaton for a whipple. After the clutch install on the ported blower it was running good and I beat a C6 Z06 from a 30-110 roll, but only by half a car. With the whipple it now runs 11.9's at 118 on 91 octane.

I don't think you knew this, but when I parked in the pits Josh ran over too me and asked If I could beat the Yellow Z06 sitting there. He said its stock so I told him ya i could. He said his buddy just bought it and he wanted him to loose to a Ford. Plus I wanted to run one bad. Thats why we got stagged up together. it was his doing. just thought id share that memory. I hope to join you and own a Syclone someday!

Ryan
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 1:33 pm

BLUBLS wrote:

l never got alot of passes when it was pullied. I had just bought it that spring and began modding it. First time out I didn't realize the trac lock needed rebuilt so I had a one wheel wonder and was running anywhere from 13.3 to 13.6 with 2.2 & 2.3 60 ft. I got the new locker in ran it & got a 12.9 with 1.9 60ft. I think the mph was 107-108ish? Next time out I had a custom tune and ported blower. So on that setup I ran that pass in the video against you and poof there went the clutch. I tried 2 more times that night, but ran 13.7 & 13.9 with the clutch failing more and more. I never ran it on that combo at the track again. I think it had a 12.5 at 111 to 112 in it, but that winter I put in a Spec cluctch & early summer swapped out the eaton for a whipple. After the clutch install on the ported blower it was running good and I beat a C6 Z06 from a 30-110 roll, but only by half a car. With the whipple it now runs 11.9's at 118 on 91 octane.

I don't think you knew this, but when I parked in the pits Josh ran over too me and asked If I could beat the Yellow Z06 sitting there. He said its stock so I told him ya i could. He said his buddy just bought it and he wanted him to loose to a Ford. Plus I wanted to run one bad. Thats why we got stagged up together. it was his doing. just thought id share that memory. I hope to join you and own a Syclone someday!

Ryan

LOL, Josh king hated the 'Vette. Funny story.

I absolutely love the potential in a Terminator. So much power available with relatively simple mods. Factory forged motors just have so much potential.

I think I have a 12.5 pass on video, but mph on the boards was only 104.66 (was a hard launch). Now I wonder if that was even yours (video wasn't the best I have). If you were trapping 111 or 112, that run would have probably been bottom 12s compared to the one on vid. Not sure on the date, would have been late '08 I guess, I'd have to cross compare to my Busa slips.

Yeah, i can't figure out what to do with the Sy. Part of me wants to keep it pristine, and part of me wants to see just how bad ass of an AWD street toy I can make. It is just in such nice condition I can't see doing anything to potentially tear it up. I guess I have time to ponder on it Smile.

When did you run the 11.x runs? Was it at Acton? I hadn't seen you for a while, thought maybe you had moved away or sold the Cobra.
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 2:38 pm

No, he's just a sissy and drinks beer in the stands and watches all the fast cars race now! Smile No JK Ryan! You do need to have the Termi out next year with the bottle or the lower pulley on. Casue I need some compition for the S197.
Back to top Go down
BLUBLS
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
BLUBLS

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 2:45 pm

wile2k wrote:
BLUBLS wrote:

Ryan

LOL, Josh king hated the 'Vette. Funny story.

I absolutely love the potential in a Terminator. So much power available with relatively simple mods. Factory forged motors just have so much potential.

I think I have a 12.5 pass on video, but mph on the boards was only 104.66 (was a hard launch). Now I wonder if that was even yours (video wasn't the best I have). If you were trapping 111 or 112, that run would have probably been bottom 12s compared to the one on vid. Not sure on the date, would have been late '08 I guess, I'd have to cross compare to my Busa slips.

Yeah, i can't figure out what to do with the Sy. Part of me wants to keep it pristine, and part of me wants to see just how bad ass of an AWD street toy I can make. It is just in such nice condition I can't see doing anything to potentially tear it up. I guess I have time to ponder on it Smile.

When did you run the 11.x runs? Was it at Acton? I hadn't seen you for a while, thought maybe you had moved away or sold the Cobra.

No I havn't moved. Still around town. My cars just stay hidden away. Ya Terminators have tons of potential. I'm going to pump some more too mine this winter and see how much it improves. I have taken over 2 years off from modding & working on cars. So I'm ready to get back too work. I got married and have a house being built that's almost done so money for toys has been allocated elsewhere. Anyway I think the video of us racing is August 2007 to be sure I'd have to dig out my time slips.

The 11.9's were at Acton the following summer 2008 I believe. I havn't raced my Cobra since then. I was happy it broke 11's & didn't try to better my times by coming back another night. I have a video of my first 11 second pass on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKLZZ0E2FwI

Someday I will get my turbo fox body out and run it too. I just need to decide where to focus my attention this winter. I've had the Hellion kit on it for 3 years, but have spent no time working on anything after the install.

As for the Sy thats a tough call. I plan to keep mine stock if I ever buy one, but I know that all changes when you have it and can make it faster. Like you said you have time to figure that out. Let me know when you take it too the track. I'd love to watch it run!
Back to top Go down
BLUBLS
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
BLUBLS

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 2:49 pm

No, he's just a sissy and drinks beer in the stands and watches all the fast cars race now! Smile No JK Ryan! You do need to have the Termi out next year with the bottle or the lower pulley on. Casue I need some compition for the S197.

I agree no more bench warming. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brett@K&KPerformance
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
Brett@K&KPerformance

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 3:13 pm

You know it ! We need to represent WarFords!
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:29 am

Riptide wrote:
If the gt500 had stock tires I bet she was spinning in 2nd gear out of 40mph. I have the same goodyear supercars and they don't cut it even from a roll.

I'm assuming you are talking about spinning with the supercharger installed??? Just also wanted to add the shelby had a cold air intake which is worth a decent amount of hp on that car...k&n reports a 57 hp gain from this alone... http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:12 pm

lol yes that was after the blower install. Wink

Although it did spin a little going into 2nd gear when the car was still naturally aspirated but it would catch after a sec.

No offense intended but I would be wary of trusting K&N's claims on that website. From what I've seen on the billion rustang forums I frequent actual gains from just the filter aren't going to be in that neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:16 pm

i thought cold air kits add like 150 hp Question Laughing
Back to top Go down
Riptide
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Riptide

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:21 pm

I wish they did! Adding 150hp to this car cost a lot more than a K&N. Sad

Pay to play I guess.
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 2:37 pm

u need competition , ok im down What a Face
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 6:01 pm

Riptide wrote:
lol yes that was after the blower install. Wink

Although it did spin a little going into 2nd gear when the car was still naturally aspirated but it would catch after a sec.

No offense intended but I would be wary of trusting K&N's claims on that website. From what I've seen on the billion rustang forums I frequent actual gains from just the filter aren't going to be in that neighborhood.

it the whole cold air intake system... not just the filter... also the new 2011 shelby comes with a cold air intake now... ans is rated at 550 hp... and yes the car has an aluminum bock now and the car weighs 300 lbs less...
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 7:33 pm

iron to alum block isnt 300lbs. 100 at most.
Back to top Go down
rocket_z350
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
rocket_z350

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 10:18 pm

Novaflash2002 wrote:
iron to alum block isn't 300lbs. 100 at most.

OK seriously dude.... do some research before posting... the aluminum block is one modification on the new Shelby...the car is 300 lbs lighter than last year....I didn't say that the engine was 300 lbs lighter...I was talking about the new improvements over last year... and the main thing I was bringing up was the cold air intake is on the car from the factory... and the factory hp on the new shelby is 550... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 10:48 pm

rocket_z350 wrote:
Novaflash2002 wrote:
iron to alum block isn't 300lbs. 100 at most.

OK seriously dude.... do some research before posting... the aluminum block is one modification on the new Shelby...the car is 300 lbs lighter than last year....I didn't say that the engine was 300 lbs lighter...I was talking about the new improvements over last year... and the main thing I was bringing up was the cold air intake is on the car from the factory... and the factory hp on the new shelby is 550... Rolling Eyes

Man, you are getting a little weird on the subject. The new GT500 got a whopping 10hp increase (last year was 540hp) from a larger intercooler, larger exhaust system with larger header primaries and other subtle changes. The Al block is worth 102lb of weight savings of the total weight savings of 120lb (wheels the other big weight saver 7.5lb). Where are you hearing that it lost another 200lb somewhere? I'm getting this from an Autoblog interview with GT500 chief engineer Jamal Hameedi, which is probably a pretty reliable resource.

And for the record, you'd have to be high to believe a CAI is going to add more than 15ish horsepower. The manufacturers can make a dyno say anything they want, but 99% is BS. This is the same mentality that we make fun of ricers and their 200hp worth of stickers.

Your car is what it is, if you are insecure about its performance then throw money and time at it and make it as fast as you need to feel secure. I will let you know right now that there will always be someone faster (took me a while to come to grips with that).

If you feel the need to be truely faster than a stock Cobra, then you are close (although not many are stock), if you want to be faster than a stock GT500 then you need to spend a bit of money. If you want the fastest street car in town, then get a second and probably third job.

Until then, don't tell people that are really being quite polite to "do some research before posting" when you just got done quoting a damn manufacturers claims on horsepower gain. You should know better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 10:49 pm

whoopty doo.... it has a aluminum block,10 more hp, and lost a fat ugly chick out of the back seat. tq is where the power is at son! it is just funny to me that people find a aluminum block as an improvement. as far as a ls series engine stand point it is a loss.......... scratch aluminum engines clearances walk around a ton more than a cast iron, plus they have weak sleeves from the factory. ill take my 88lb heavier engine and take a nice shit before i run the car, before ill use a aluminun block. lol.
Back to top Go down
wile2k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
wile2k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 10:52 pm

rocket_z350 wrote:

And if I were you, I wouldn't get a big head about this, either that car is f'd up or he seriously doesn't know how to drive. All things considered, he should have a significant advantage over your Z06 (mods, altitude with him being boosted, power to weight, etc).
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 11:32 pm

If you feel the need to be truely faster than a stock Cobra, then you are close (although not many are stock), if you want to be faster than a stock GT500 then you need to spend a bit of money. If you want the fastest street car in town, then get a second and probably third job.

Until then, don't tell people that are really being quite polite to "do some research before posting" when you just got done quoting a damn manufacturers claims on horsepower gain. You should know better IMO.[/quote]

Damn you TOM. im working 2 jobs on a regular basis and i work a third every now and then. i still dont have fast truck. So you think i should start looking for a fourth job?? Very Happy scratch one day i hope to run 11s. but until then ill just run my 15 second passes.
Back to top Go down
Turbo1k
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
Turbo1k

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2010, 12:04 am

spend all the money you guys want, your never gonna beat me Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)   kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kill stories from the streets (if you don't like streetracing, please stay out of this forum)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next