Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» 2021 Track days in Lewistown and Helena
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby DoodieHead November 20th 2020, 8:54 am

» FS Apple MacBook Pro MD318D/A 39,1cm 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, AMD HD 6750M $650
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby datomalli21 July 14th 2015, 12:17 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:13 am

» FS HTC One M9 32GB Gold $480/Apple iPhone 6 4G 64GB $400
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dert231 July 9th 2015, 12:12 am

» FS HTC One M9 M9u 4G LTE 32GB $500/Apple iPhone 6 16GB $390
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Gtristk200 July 7th 2015, 1:40 pm

» FS HTC One M9 Plus 32gb 4g Lte Unlocked Gunmetal $540
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Gtrikertiks010 June 28th 2015, 10:47 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby malachilexaa June 8th 2015, 1:13 am

» All-Wheel Dyno landing Mid-July
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby ts4l June 7th 2015, 6:32 pm

» WTS iPhone 6 $350 128GB S6 Edge $350 128GB Original Unlocked
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby marquisroy June 7th 2015, 1:48 am

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64Gb Factory Unlocked $470
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby izegbadimore330 May 26th 2015, 2:53 am

» GoPro Hero 4 and Many accessories.
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby SprockCapn May 21st 2015, 11:41 pm

» FS Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb Factory Unlocked $600
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Frtermaklill30 May 20th 2015, 4:20 am

» FS BLACKBERRY PASSPORT RGY181LW 32GB SQW100-1 UNLOCKED 4G $330
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Tmertlserti May 12th 2015, 10:18 pm

» FS Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - 4-Channel DJ Controller with Serato $600
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Dterrstermill3 April 30th 2015, 1:33 am

» 1995 talon seats, guages, subs,focus suspension
New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby talontsi February 15th 2015, 2:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New shop is going up!!

Go down 
+34
heeb101
Cyfun
fastback959
$F-5$ Inc.
BlueSteel
SoOn_To_TuNe
RedMitsu
DogBox
shawnss
ghost
92civic
ProOnThaSnow
DougyFresh
ts4l
nate jackson
rocket_z350
a-thomp
haproot
b1r - TS
Riptide
sxpkpower
jdmsolutions
eekenterprises
civiclove
.-DoUbLe @-.
billythekid
rwheelz
Dr.Auto
Novaflash2002
f20bmt
BlackedOut04
dyno76
Foot_tit
DoodieHead
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:53 pm

How many of you who say you would use the dyno/paint/fab work currently use the places we already have in town? I've heard everyone say over and over again they would be all over these services but they never support the businesses that already do these.

I'd love to see it happen Mike and you know I have looked at Dyno's more than a few times. My only advice is to not jump too far into anything since most people who are saying they would use it could use the 2wd dyno already available.

Its pretty common knowledge that car businesses are one of the worst businesses to get into, many fail, there is a lot of risk, and even people like Cobb are struggling as you can see by the recent drop on many models they previously supported. In SLC more shops have failed than are still around and some of them had very famous tuners and employee's that ran some of the first fast times in the import scene. Also many SLC shops slang product out the back door to stay around and I don't see you going that route! All I am saying is don't put more into it than you can afford to loose. I'm sure Ben can attest that even when you do a good ob not everyone will be happy with your work, and it only takes 1 bad customer to spoil all the fun. I'll support you if you do it

It would be sweet to have people like you and Eric that we could all support, just remember to be cautious and know especially with tuning one blown motor will cause years of headache's even if it has nothing to do with your work.
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 11:13 pm

^^^^ Very well put Jason...I would have to agree a ton will say they will come but when its time to put your money where your mouth is..Well as we see on a daily it doesnt happen.. Its easy to say I will but to commit to it is a whole different ball game. Poeople have commitment issues...lol..And yes one bad customer someone who knows nothing about nothing, changes there mind 50 million times can start a ugly circle of bullshit and lies..They only say the bad not the part of he offered to refund all my money and let me keep parts I already had...So I dont know its a very tough decision to open a business. Even if it is just starting with a paint booth. Alot of headache stress on your shoulders...

My advice dont rush into it..Maybe get a name for yourself in the industry as a painter and then if work load increases open a shop..But that is just the cautious side of me talking..
Back to top Go down
Novaflash2002
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Novaflash2002

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 11:21 pm

one thing i can say is, if you can make it in slim times like these..... you damn well can make it in fat times. i would start with the project that you are most passinate with, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
http://sfrperformance.com
DougyFresh
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]
DougyFresh

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 3:23 pm

Mike... I will do custom Interiors for your Guests/Customers. I redid my RS headliner, I love it, but I have to redo it since the material wrinkled, I also dont have a heat gun to stretch the material.yet...

I like suede headliners.. makes the inside of any car classy. even a geo metro would be sweet with a cool headliner. I could even color change dashes too.. Maybe I am stumbling upon something? hmmm

Smile

Fun reading every ones opinions. I learned a few new ways to look at business!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 4:15 pm

Before I make a jump into buying a paint booth I will be repainting my car and hoping the outcome is perfect. Figured now that I know all the ins and outs things should be pretty easy. Going to start that project in 2 weeks. I am guessing it will take me at least 3 days to complete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maecforum.com
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 11:37 pm

Paint it black ha ha, that will help you see how good your skills are!
Back to top Go down
dyno76
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
dyno76

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 11:48 pm

x2 on that...Or better yet try to paint match blend a silver car I hear thats a talent to do it where it actually does.....I got a dent in my silver hatch you can practice blending on...lol
Back to top Go down
ProOnThaSnow
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
ProOnThaSnow

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 12:36 am

b1r - TS wrote:
As for the dyno discussion thats going on... I think focusing on the 2wd crowd should come second, there is already a few dyno's in town and they see very little time (atleast that is my understanding) so you would have to focus on the awd crowd and then see what other angles there are to make sure you attract the 2wd crowd (tuning support).

I think right now more than ever price is going to win customers...

Here's my take on the dyno situation. People may use it, I honestly would love to have a good dyno in the town wtih access to using one, however what it really boils down to is how many people have cars that are legitimately ready to be put on a dyno and tuned. And how many REPUTABLE tuners are there around? I understand there are a few, but look at it this way - you blow up a couple cars, because someone didnt assemble an engine properly and you're going to catch the blame as the "tuner" not the kid who threw it together in his garage. I dunno, the Dyno thing would be risky and I for 1, will only be letting people with proven track records be playing with tuning on any vehicle I ever build. Not saying anyone here is incapable, just stating how I feel. But then again, my investment in my car is quite large even at this point and only going to get exponentially larger in the coming few months...
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2010, 9:25 pm

Well I think I got the confirmation from Father to build another shop today. Pretty stoked. Hope to have her build and ready for action before the end of November. YIPPIE!!
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 3:36 pm

hey mike i need some hand rail mid rail for the new house i just bought.... i do think u r still in this business right??????
Back to top Go down
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 6:11 pm

call me if u need the concrete work done mike , its what i specilize in
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 7:04 pm

92civic wrote:
hey mike i need some hand rail mid rail for the new house i just bought.... i do think u r still in this business right??????

Are you talking about on a deck or concrete? I mostly just work with wood and composite decking.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 7:05 pm

ghost wrote:
call me if u need the concrete work done mike , its what i specilize in

What would it cost for a 20x30 pad Sam? Planning on getting things going here in the next month or so.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 7:58 am

Things are looking good. Hoping to have a shop up here in the next month or so before the season hits. I have (1) deck left and it is a pretty small one, so my season should be over next week. YAY!!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 6:09 pm

Looks like a new shop is on the way. We have decided to go with a 20x32 which will be allocated as follows. 10x20 will be used for painting (which will be in its own sanctioned off room), 10x20 used for standard mechanics, and the last 12x20 will be used for a lift (yes its true, a lift is in the plans). Getting the plans setup tomorrow, so hopefully we will have this finalized and built before the end of the year. I am not sure about the allocation 100%, but I may make the painting area 12x20 as it is very important to have as much room as possible when painting.

Im stoked!
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 9:39 pm

good to hear mikey. i want my own shop just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
BlackedOut04
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
BlackedOut04

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2010, 12:36 am

Dibs on using the mechanics part first????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 3:49 pm

The guy that built the other 2 shops finally got back to us, so we are just waiting on him to get things started. Going to have a pellet stove in this shop.
Back to top Go down
DogBox
[FETUS]
[FETUS]
DogBox

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 11:47 pm

I understand the arguments against the dyno, but it's a long haul to SLC or DEN/No Col or Rapid City. Can't speak for others, but I would be willing to pay a little extra for the convenience of not having to drive/trailer my car to the current nearest AWD dynos. It's something I've considered for most of this year, but I just don't have the know-how to get it done (not to mention lack of the local scene in LWT). Someone with skills and knowledge could definitely maka a go of it. IMO, Bozo area might be the location. Easy drive from GF, BIL, Butte, Missoula, pretty much anywhere in the state save for the father eastern portions. Nonetheless, GL with your new venture!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 5:55 pm

Well most of the tack barn and fence are now gone to make room for the new shop. Looks like we finally made a deal with the same guy that built the last two for us, so the wheels are in motion. I am guessing the shop may be up before the end of the year. LET THE PAINTING BEGIN!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 9:24 am

I am just getting ready to head out and finish pulling the tack barn down. Wind should be here around 10 or 11, so I have a few hours to kill. Going to be weird without that barn there.
Back to top Go down
RedMitsu
[GEAR HEAD]
[GEAR HEAD]
RedMitsu

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 9:29 am

ya know, I think I might have a motorcycle and a talon just laying around that could use some fresh white...... Smile
Back to top Go down
92civic
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
92civic

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2010, 7:21 pm

pictures??????
Back to top Go down
SoOn_To_TuNe
[TRAINEE]
[TRAINEE]
SoOn_To_TuNe

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:29 am

Nice i hope the shop works out!!!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 10:36 am

I guess we are going to be installing in floor heating. Want to try and eliminate hot and cold spots. Pretty stoked.

As far as I know they are going to be breaking ground tomorrow. The line guys came out and marked everything, so I guess the holes are getting drilled and the 6x6 posts will be put up this week. YAY!!
Back to top Go down
BlackedOut04
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
BlackedOut04

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 12:21 pm

Ballin!
Back to top Go down
BlueSteel
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
BlueSteel

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 1:42 pm

Good to hear. My 89 should be ready for you to paint in the summer.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 3:12 pm

Congrats mike. maybe late next year i might have a few pieces for you to paint.
Back to top Go down
$F-5$ Inc.
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 4:51 pm

DoodieHead wrote:
Just going to start with painting and work my way forward from there. Depending on how many people need stuff done will determine the outcome of what is next. I will just take things one step at a time in an attempt to keep my head straight and not get frustrated.

If anyone needs paint let me know.
how much to paint anastasia matte blck with a satin clear coat?just the extirior shell, dont worry about firewall door jams or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://bigskysubaru.com
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 9:18 pm

I would say around $1000 to $1500. Being that the paint is in good shape and there should not be a lot of body work, I would guess closer to $1000. That includes materials.

Holes are dug and ready for the 6x6s. I am guessing it will be up before my birthday on the 9th. What a present.
Back to top Go down
fastback959
[ENTHUSIAST]
[ENTHUSIAST]
fastback959

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 9:45 pm

congratulations MIke !! that will be sweet!
Back to top Go down
nate jackson
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
nate jackson

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 3:00 pm

can't wait for this going to be bad A$$.... might have a few thingz you can help me out wit!!!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 4:22 pm

I am in the process of making of list of what the shop will consist of. Here are a few.

Sandblaster tank, parts tank, welder, lift, new tool cart, drill press, full wrap around work bench, etc.

Let me tell ya, this is going to be sweet.
Back to top Go down
shawnss
[MASTER TECH]
[MASTER TECH]
shawnss

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2010, 7:03 pm

wow sounds like it will be pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
$F-5$ Inc.
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2010, 2:16 pm

let me know when your done i would like to be one of your 1st customers. matte black with satin clear coat. say you gonna do powder coats eventually also? i know you need a oven for that just wondering. miars and i will be fallin into a nice chunk of cash in the next 3wks. and also would there be any work i could do to bring the price down? (i know $1000 is cheaper then anywhere else in the world but you know any type of work i can do myself i like to do and any money saved is good) if not dont worry about it. and thats including all work? sanding prep and shit? how much to paint my whole fuckin car then? or is that more then you want to do and do you need a shop bitch? i need a job.
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 10:42 am

$1000 to $1500 would be for painting the whole car. Being that your car is in such good shape I would guess closer to the $1000 range depending on what type of paint and clear you want to use.

To paint the whole car it would be about 1gal of paint, depending on how many coats you want. When I painted mine I did 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear, which is about 1 gal of each. Primer I do about 2 to 3 coats (enough to cover the old), which is about 3 pints.
Back to top Go down
nate jackson
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
nate jackson

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 12:00 pm

yo mike, whats the cost if you flat black w/out clear just for the hood? is there a flat black primer? what would be cheeper?
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 2:09 pm

We could just use a flat black paint. I also have a flat clear now so we could give that a shot and see how it works. I would guess around the cost of your skirts as I would have to prep the entire area. I would also do the underside to match.
Back to top Go down
$F-5$ Inc.
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2010, 3:16 pm

nate jackson wrote:
yo mike, whats the cost if you flat black w/out clear just for the hood? is there a flat black primer? what would be cheeper?
primer is flat in color already. you can have primer in any color you want but mostly its grey or black. where do you think the idea of flat black painting your whole car came from. all primer! mike do you have a satin clear coat? i would like satin specificaly!

Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2011, 4:42 pm

I can get anything you want, it will obviously be more expensive than normal clear. Also, in my opinion it is always better to clear and not leave paint raw. With a flat clear it will give it the look you are after.

There has been 0% progress on the new shop. I have no idea what the hell the builder is waiting for, the temps are just about right for working outside this time of year. He had better show up this week and at least get it framed.
Back to top Go down
ts4l
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ts4l

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2011, 4:52 pm

$F-5$ Inc. wrote:
nate jackson wrote:
primer is flat in color already. you can have primer in any color you want but mostly its grey or black. where do you think the idea of flat black painting your whole car came from. all primer! mike do you have a satin clear coat? i would like satin specificaly!

That Comment is not true, the idea that was used for a long time on race cars was to do a single stage, very light weight flat coat to eliminate weight. People don't realize that a multiple stage quality paint weighs anywhere from 50-100lbs on some production cars. It became a look people did but to get the real benefits you need to acid dip your car and start from scratch and do a light single coat of paint.
Back to top Go down
nate jackson
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
[WEEKEND WARRIOR]
nate jackson

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2011, 5:27 pm

thankz for clearing that up for me jason. he likes to attack people with his lack of knowledge Wink
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 7:15 am

Believe it or not, the wood for framing showed up on Wednesday, but there still has been nothing done. I think someone may have come out and re-dug the holes, but I am not sure. I guess we will see what happens this coming week.
Back to top Go down
$F-5$ Inc.
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 6:49 pm

ts4l wrote:
$F-5$ Inc. wrote:
nate jackson wrote:

That Comment is not true, the idea that was used for a long time on race cars was to do a single stage, very light weight flat coat to eliminate weight. People don't realize that a multiple stage quality paint weighs anywhere from 50-100lbs on some production cars. It became a look people did but to get the real benefits you need to acid dip your car and start from scratch and do a light single coat of paint.
i thought thats whear the color silver came from or the "bare metal" look.
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 11:14 pm

Slightly off topic, but have you ever experimented with the Rustoleum painting technique, where you brush or roll on thinned-out Rustoleum with no clear coat?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 8:16 am

Man really made the wrong decision with the builder for the shop, that is for sure. It has almost been 3 weeks since he has even been over here. Post have been here since last Wednesday and they have not even been moved. If we had gone with the other building company I am sure it would have been done already.

What a frickin' nightmare!
Back to top Go down
Cyfun
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
Cyfun

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 12:05 pm

So tell them to fvck off and get someone else
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cyfun/
ghost
[GARAGE NUT]
[GARAGE NUT]
ghost

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 7:52 pm

im sorry to hear that mike , id really think abou cannin his ass if he doesnt show up , casue there isnt any reason he cant frame in this weather
Back to top Go down
$F-5$ Inc.
[STUDENT]
[STUDENT]

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 9:50 pm

MIKE YOUR IN CHARGE. YOU PAY HIM, FIRE HIS ASS AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE!
Back to top Go down
DoodieHead
[GOD LIKE]
[GOD LIKE]
DoodieHead

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2011, 8:25 pm

I wish I could, but this guy is the same guy that built the other 2 shops and it is Dads decision who builds it. Dont get me wrong, the guy is an amazing builder, but he just needs to show up and get this done. I have multiple jobs that I have had lined up for months now that need to get done.

Ben, you will be the first car once the shop is up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New shop is going up!!   New shop is going up!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New shop is going up!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next